FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Idol American Idol... and the Winner is!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tiki Idol American Idol... and the Winner is!!
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 8:11 pm   Permalink

As the Final Tallies are being ......er,Tallied...
We have booked an Opening Act to provide
some mild distraction....

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 06:02 am   Permalink

Thats a pretty damn good line up of artist judges (Im just happy Im not competing against them! ) I find it surprising that there's one standout that all the judges love given the number of entries in the comp, and the standard of artists on here.

Quote:
I'll let you all know the results asap!

Dont keep us waiting!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 11:09 am   Permalink

Thats a great panel. All Artist , all different styles, all great at what they do. I wouldn't think that a better group of guys could be selected.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 11:50 am   Permalink

Okay, all of the entries are in. I'm going to review them all and all of the up-to-6 that are in the panel's top 20 will be chosen. I will post the results tonight at 6:00pm pdt.
Mahaloz!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 2:50 pm   Permalink

The Clock is Ticking!
Only a Little While Longer til the Weiners are picked!

Can you just Taste the Excitement in the Air?
It tastes like that stuff that's dried in the
Bottom of your Tiki Mug!!!!
Speaking of Which....
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=23350&forum=12&start=0&27
I hope Bamboo Ben's "Rapper Nui" wins something!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 6:01 pm   Permalink

This was a pretty stiff competition. There are SO MANY designs that made the panels very different top 20 lists. So, without further ado, I present you with the winners...

There was not a single design that was agreed upon by all judges as being in the top 20. Our first place winner did win 5 of the 6 votes, placing in the top 3 for 5 of the 6 judges. All of the entries above made 4 out of 6 of the top 20 lists. Again, there were A LOT of designs that made the top 20 lists but these ones were the concensus favorites.

Congratulations to you all and especially to Unklefun, who will be the "toast of the town" one night here at Mugoomba. That will be a TC exclusive party and I will announce the date when we're ready to roll out his design!

Mahaloz!
Holden

[ This Message was edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-03-21 14:09 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-03-18 6:07 pm   Permalink

Congrats to the winners----good stuff. GROG can't believe GROG was disqualified by Squid, GROG think he just not want to sculpt GROG's "Kentiki Mug". Kinny LOVED it!!!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-03-18 6:10 pm   Permalink

Wow! Congratulations to Unklefun and all the winners, All of those are great.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 6:12 pm   Permalink

Congrats to all the winners! They are all worthy winners, and Im definitely planning on adding some to my collection.

Thanks to Holden for giving us TCers the opportunity to be involved, may many sales come your way (Im sure they will)

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 6:12 pm   Permalink

Yeah! Way to go Uncle Fun! That design so rocks the boat. Congrats to all you other runner ups too! Some really great ideas out there.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 6:21 pm   Permalink

Congrats UnkleFUn.. that is a sweet-ass boat!
Looking forward to seeing all the winning enties come to life..

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-18 6:28 pm   Permalink

I'm glad I stayed up to check the results, what a great day I just found out my best friend is going to have a baby and now I'm going to have a tiki mug.

Thanks to all the judges and especially to Holden for this wonderful opportunity.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 6:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-18 18:12, hewey wrote:
Congrats to all the winners! They are all worthy winners, and Im definitely planning on adding some to my collection.

Thanks to Holden for giving us TCers the opportunity to be involved, may many sales come your way (Im sure they will)

your design got a lot of votes Hewey but... "missed it by that much"

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 6:35 pm   Permalink

Sweet entries all around. It will be interesting to see them brought to life. The way some of them were drawn they already look 3-D. Seeing how I'm a detroit guy, I will certainly like to get a Loa in my hands, see if all those colors stay in just like a Spanish mug.

Now that thes mug came out, T.F. artist in the future are really going to have to think long and hard to top. The mug are going to be flowing into my house for years to come.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 6:42 pm   Permalink

YAY!
Congratulations to all!!! There were so many great designs to choose from!!!
I think we're seeing a Tiki Renaissance happening!!!
And Thank you all for your Bribes and Veiled Threats!
Hey GROG! I just noticed the Squirrels on the Bottom of your LATE entry!
That mug is waaaay too intricate! Whaddya wanna do? Make Squid get
ANOTHER NEW PRESCRIPTION?
Wish I could've entered this gig...
Here was what I was gonna turn in...
the Squirrel Decanter!!!

It would've been NUTS!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation