FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Tiki Kon V, Portland, July 27-29 Sunday Tour Sold Out!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Kon V, Portland, July 27-29 Sunday Tour Sold Out!
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 4:12 pm   Permalink

Hanford and I are a big in. This is one of our favorite events of the year -- looking forward to spending some more time at the Alibi, and of course I can't wait to see Thatch. This has got to be the year that I finally make it to Voodoo Doughnut.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 4:18 pm   Permalink

Humu I have mentally added a field trip to Voodoo Donut this year for you to enter this contest:

Quote:
THE TEX-ASS CHALLENGE
Think you can eat our Tex-ASS doughnut in under a minute and a half? (or whatever the current record is.) Many have tried and most have failed. If you can do it, the doughnut is FREE! (You must purchase it in advance.)

Hilarity will ensue! Tikimonkey tried and failed last month, but if you start training now I think you can do it!

I prefer the Bacon Maple Bar, myself.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMama 2007-02-05 16:20 ]

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-05 4:40 pm   Permalink

tikimama: could you please move Kon 08 earlier in the year so Hanford (and others) can enter:
THE ANNUAL COCKFEST
Hey boys!! How many doughnuts can you stack on your dick?? Enter the Annual Cockfest to find out. This event takes place once a year in the springtime, so you have plenty of tme to practice.

ps: Voodoo is now open 22 hours a day, closed sundays. but the GOOD (read: bacon) donuts are not made till after 6pm. the signature voodoo dolls werent ready at 3pm, i was disapointed.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 08:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-05 16:40, dogbytes wrote:
tikimama: could you please move Kon 08 earlier in the year so Hanford (and others) can enter:
THE ANNUAL COCKFEST
Hey boys!! How many doughnuts can you stack on your dick?? Enter the Annual Cockfest to find out. This event takes place once a year in the springtime, so you have plenty of tme to practice.

ps: Voodoo is now open 22 hours a day, closed sundays. but the GOOD (read: bacon) donuts are not made till after 6pm. the signature voodoo dolls werent ready at 3pm, i was disapointed.

Who's whe most popular guy in the Nudist Colony? The one who can carry Two Pots of Coffee and a Dozen Donuts at the same time!
quote]
On 2007-02-05 16:12, Humuhumu wrote:
Hanford and I are a big in. This is one of our favorite events of the year -- looking forward to spending some more time at the Alibi, and of course I can't wait to see Thatch. This has got to be the year that I finally make it to Voodoo Doughnut.
[/quote]
Make sure you take lots of pictures!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-09 10:58 am   Permalink

Man oh manishevitz.

It was hot and fresh out of the oven, and so good... so cramming it down my throat was not really that enjoyable.

NEXT TIME, however... I WILL WIN.

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scott McGerik
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 12:41 pm   Permalink

WOOT! Kat and I are looking forward to this! We met a lot of fun people at last years event and had a great time. I'm looking forward to seeing the home bars and to visiting Thatch.

Edit: Bummer! We have a wedding we will be attending that weekend so we will not be attending this years Tiki Kon V event. I had been so looking forward to this event.

On a related note, we will be attending Tiki Oasis 7 this year.

[ This Message was edited by: ScottMcGerik 2007-03-06 10:06 ]

View Profile of Scott McGerik Send a personal message to Scott McGerik      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 08:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-12 12:41, ScottMcGerik wrote:
WOOT! Kat and I are looking forward to this! We met a lot of fun people at last years event and had a great time. I'm looking forward to seeing the home bars and to visiting Thatch.

It will be a joy to have you and Kat out here again for Tiki Kon. We have some great surprises in store for all!
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 12:39 pm   Permalink

Because of the constant demand to know the deepest innner workings of Tiki Event Planning™, this year NW Tiki is keeping a blog documenting our planning process for Tiki Kon V: Venture into Darkness. I will probably do the majority of writing, but hopefully I can bully, I mean cajole the rest of the group into doing an entry or two.

Sarcasm aside, this is a good place to keep track of updates and forming plans. I welcome suggestions - some of you have already sent them! - for how we can improve your Tiki Kon experience.

http://taboo.tikikon.com/

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMama 2007-02-16 12:40 ]

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kirk H.

Posted: 2007-02-28 5:41 pm   Permalink

We sure had a great time last year, and are really looking forward to it again (and this year it's on my birthday, which means I have 2 excuses to drink). Thanks for organizing this!

View Profile of Kirk H. Send a personal message to Kirk H.  Email Kirk H.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-09 12:58 pm   Permalink

What's the 411 on the ETA of the TK5?

When will the web site be active.....
what's the cost to participate......
will there be a mug....
.....and what about Naomi?

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greg_surfs

Posted: 2007-03-10 09:36 am   Permalink

Anybody got a problem with me wearing my lava-lava to this? The khaki-socialite outfit makes me itch.

Aloha nui!

View Profile of greg_surfs Send a personal message to greg_surfs  Goto the website of greg_surfs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-10 3:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-10 09:36, greg_surfs wrote:
Anybody got a problem with me wearing my lava-lava to this? The khaki-socialite outfit makes me itch.

Aloha nui!

depending on how shapely your legs are! i believe there is only one
fashion faux pas, so make sure to refer to the information in that thread, so TikiMama doesn't toss your tivas from the bus.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 10:33 am   Permalink

I have not decided whether I will be enforcing Tiki Fashion Rules at Tiki Kon or not.

Though it is always important to remember that a palmed Andrew Jackson will make me overlook Tevas. If I see Ben Franklin, even Crocs will not be an issue.

Kim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 10:45 am   Permalink

On general questions... more information will be available on this year's Tiki Kon as soon as we have more details hashed out. Right now we really only have the date and some general location information.

The web site will be updated as information is available and time permits. There will almost certainly be a mug this year, but, again, we're tossing around general ideas at this point. Cost will be determined after we have more information on our expenses, but I will tell you to expect higher ticket prices this year, since our revenue last year fell several hundred dollars short of our expenses.

Do folks have any leaning on whether or not the Saturday School of Rum bus should be offered again this year, perhaps as part of a ticket package or ticket add-on?

View Profile of Kim Send a personal message to Kim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 12:53 pm   Permalink

I keep going to fun events, scooter rallies, tiki events, and they are funded by raffles.

Then I go to charity fundraisers, and they are funded by silent auctions.

Hmmmm. Could NW Tiki Crawl have both? The raffle is important because it is so democratic, everyone has a chance to win a small token or a chance at a big prize. The silent auction appeals to those who want a specific item and are willing to fork out the dough. Me thinks that if you are going to have a booth at the Jupiter, you should be forced to give up 2 items, one for raffle and one for auction.

My 2 cents.
Robertiki

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation