FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Tiki Kon V, Portland, July 27-29 Sunday Tour Sold Out!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Kon V, Portland, July 27-29 Sunday Tour Sold Out!
Kirk H.

Posted: 2007-07-30 1:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the super fun weekend. The organizers did a great job, and the home bars were excellent. Thinking about all the fun I had (and rum I drank) the last 3 days makes it hard to concentrate today. When does happy hour start back up? And are there dates for next year yet?
Thanks again!

View Profile of Kirk H. Send a personal message to Kirk H.  Email Kirk H.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PatrickC

Posted: 2007-07-30 1:42 pm   Permalink

It was a total blast! Thanks to the organizers and all the groovy people who made the event possible and opened their home bars for the tour. We're very excited to get our home bar going now, and got some great ideas. Watching people try to come to grips with 50 tikiphiles riding the public bus from bar to bar on Friday was a hilite. That and getting to sample Pyrat rum from the belly button of the giant ice tiki.

View Profile of PatrickC Send a personal message to PatrickC  Goto the website of PatrickC     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 4:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much for the great weekend!! Austin and I had an awesome time and sold out fast at the vending table. We met so many cool people on the bus and look forward to future events...perhaps involving cock fighting! There seemed to be an expressed interest at one point I believe...

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-07-30 7:41 pm   Permalink

I had a great time this weekend Thank You Tiki Mama, Melintur and the entire Tiki Kon V Planning Commission. I hadn’t been to Portland for 17 years so this was a great way to see it again.

I took a lot of pictures and I’ll put some in the Flickr account but here a few for now

Night #1 with Steve and Theresa.

Stuckie and The Future Mrs. Boris?

Public Transportation is a really Big Deal in Portland.

Melintur mixing em up.

Selector Lopaka, Dogbytes, a Bald Guy (with nice calves). Pepe le Tiki, Atomic Al and Jauna.

[ This Message was edited by: Bora Boris 2007-07-30 19:42 ]

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greg_surfs

Posted: 2007-07-31 09:47 am   Permalink

Thanks, NWTiki crue! We had fun and too much rum. We scored some great accessories for our home bar and look forward to future pdx tiki action, after our puffer fish wounds heal and the rum withdrawals become a memory.

Much aloha!

View Profile of greg_surfs Send a personal message to greg_surfs  Goto the website of greg_surfs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 10:06 am   Permalink

If you've misplaced your program or never got one or just want the online version, I've posted the TK2007 signature drink recipes over in the Food & Drink thread!

[ This Message was edited by: Melintur 2007-07-31 10:10 ]

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 10:07 am   Permalink

We had a blast...my head still hurts! Thanks to our fearless Safari leaders & organizers for such a fun weekend! It was so great to meet some new friends and catch up the gang!! We scored some great souvenirs from the vendors too!
I'll post some pictures asap!

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 10:53 am   Permalink

We of course thank all the sponsors and vendors and organizers greatly, but I'd like to personally thank the attendees. Without you, none of this would be possible (or warranted). It's you-all who keep the community going. It's people, not rum nor music nor mugs that keep Tiki alive.

Mahalo indeed. I love you all.
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greg_surfs

Posted: 2007-07-31 4:43 pm   Permalink

...I think the rum has a little to do with it. No dis intended to the peeps...

View Profile of greg_surfs Send a personal message to greg_surfs  Goto the website of greg_surfs     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 12:49 am   Permalink

Once again I had a great time -- despite all those creepy people that freak me out. Speaking of them, I have some photos, but no time to write captions right now, so you'll have to piece together the narrative yourself.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 6:05 pm   Permalink

That block of ice with the Pyrat bottle, truly the downfall of the evening.

I tried so hard to stay sober, next thing I know I'm sticking my tongue in an ice sculpture taking shots of Cockspur, and then drinking what was likely the coldest shot of anything ever with the Pyrat XO in the ice.

The best part though? The donut version of the ice version of the mug the next morning.

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Demon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 8:22 pm   Permalink

Holy cats!

What a fine weekend that was! Awesome music, great drinks, and of course the ohana! I'm so happy to have such a group of relative strangers to party with for three full days. All my "normal" friends were beat by sunday morning and opted out of what is always the BEST part of these things, THE HOME BAR tour. Many thanks to the gracious hosts for letting such a large crew of riffraff into their homes.

Also, many thanks to our two damn fine local tiki bars. It was awesome to see Thatch filled to the brim with bonafide tikiphiles, if only for a couple of hours. And the food! Oh my gods. Thank you Robert for all that great, much needed, gratis grub!

It was really great to re-learn all of your names, I can't wait to re-learn them again next year! Don't take it personally, me brain no good worky.

Thanks to Heather, Greg, Blair, Sarah, Kim, and Noel (look at all the names I remembered! ...or maybe just made up) for working their arses off to make this the best weekend of the summer!

But after all that fun, I find only seven pictures on my camera. Three of the ice sculpture, two blurry shots of ???, and two like this:

Aye luv you guyzsh!!....

[ This Message was edited by: Rum Demon 2007-08-01 20:25 ]

View Profile of Rum Demon Send a personal message to Rum Demon  Goto the website of Rum Demon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-03 11:40 am   Permalink

Damn! that looked like fun!
One thing, however:
Quote:

we need to know the story behind this!

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TakiTikiTim

Posted: 2007-08-05 12:06 am   Permalink

Hey you Tiki Freaks....
Aloha MA and I had a TikiTastic time in Portland Towne. Thanks for lettin' me drive the bus..... Just kidding! 8-}
....now if we could only figure out how to make a living doing this..............
Here are a couple of jpgs to teeeeeese you but you can go to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9776480@N06/ for a full set of the Friday and Saturday tour.

Mahalo,

Tacky Tiki Tim & Aloha Ma

View Profile of TakiTikiTim Send a personal message to TakiTikiTim  Email TakiTikiTim Goto the website of TakiTikiTim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TakiTikiTim

Posted: 2007-08-07 10:41 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Koners,
Here are two Images from the Verbtones fabulous set on Saturday night. For more shots from this great band, go to:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/9776480@N06/> or <http://www.flickr.com/groups/tikikon/>

Mahalo Nui Ya'll,

Tiki Tim & Aloha MA

View Profile of TakiTikiTim Send a personal message to TakiTikiTim  Email TakiTikiTim Goto the website of TakiTikiTim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation