FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hula Hula Happy Hour ~ Third Thursdays ~ Seattle
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Hula Hula Happy Hour ~ Third Thursdays ~ Seattle
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-20 5:20 pm   Permalink

we wimped out at the last minute. our HVAC guy showed up an hour late, and then we just couldnt get the momentum to go out..

geezlouise, we're just too old to start our evening out at 8:30 on a school night! but we love Hula Hula, so we might go earlier (around 6)...

no matter who voted: im not in charge. but i will make snacks. (who's birthday is next, i want to make another tiki cake!)

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-21 08:38 am   Permalink

Hip hip hooray for Tiki Cake!! Dogbytes Tiki Cake is excellent! I would
love to see you take one and smush it in Rachel Ray's Face!!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 6:54 pm   Permalink

i haven't been in here in awhile because I've been busy working on things I can't disclose...so forgot. Woofmutt, a quick phone call to me could have ended your suffering (or more likely increased it) so consider casting out a reminder in the future when you feel the evening has that kind of air that makes people flake out and not show up (the majority of NW nights?). it's been awhile so I'm kind of itchin' to go again... I'm glad sweetpea finally showed up.

p.s. I got a new phone and I can actually hear incoming phone calls...not kidding!

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 09:23 am   Permalink

I keep fergettin' yer restraining order expired in 2006 and I can call yuh now without the cops gettin' involved. Of course my order against yerself is good through the end of the year...The law works in hilarious ways.

PS: " I've been busy working on things I can't disclose..." Exoticat

I wouldn't feel right givin' away trade secrets but as Exoticat's patent is now secure I thought I'd drop fun lil hint fer folks: Robot Monkey Mai-Tai Maker

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 9:53 pm   Permalink

i thought you said you were too drunk to remember that conversation!!! i renewed your restraining order. We now only need to be approximately 3' apart at all times. That's a lot closer than 3 miles like before.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-09 5:08 pm   Permalink

May 17th is the next Third Thursday! and i think a special guest from Vancouver BC will be joining us! see ya next week!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 8:31 pm   Permalink

Who could that be?

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 9:21 pm   Permalink

I think it's someone "special". I'm going.

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-15 9:56 pm   Permalink

remind me to bug the manager ~ i heard Hula Hula is having a mug made for them!

see ya there!

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-17 1:04 pm   Permalink

I am afraid of sayin' "Yeah I'll be there" cuz I have been stood up before. (See above.) And also, if I say I'm gonna be there tonight and then no one else shows up then I'm gonna get all paranoid. Well, more paranoid. So I ain't sayin' anything.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-17 5:18 pm   Permalink

seriously. we'll be there. Frank-todd & i, pepe le tiki, puamana, exoticat... i think mr & mrs riviera are gonna stay home with the 2 day old tikibaby.

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 07:54 am   Permalink

I just gotta say that America's tougher attitude with our neighborin' countries has really paid off in that fer once our Canadian visitor was very well behaved. So put that in yer bongs and huff it all yuh namby pamby "Let's be nice to our neighbors!" types!

tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 3:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-18 07:54, woofmutt wrote:
I just gotta say that America's tougher attitude with our neighborin' countries has really paid off in that fer once our Canadian visitor was very well behaved. So put that in yer bongs and huff it all yuh namby pamby "Let's be nice to our neighbors!" types!

I'm not making nice with our neighbor country to the north unitl they start making
quarters that fit in our vending machines! I hate when I'm buying a coke and
those dang quarters slide right thru and come out in the coin return.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 9:24 pm   Permalink

A big 'Mahalo' to you Jetcity folks!
Ok...I was well behaved (this time only) because I was surrounded by such fine 'home-made apple pie' hospitality from y'all. The truth is, I can be easily bought with vintage shopping excursions, breakfasts, gifts of art and cocktails in Tiki establishments.

As for Canadian vs US quarters, both work fine in our coke machines so I think it's more your problem than ours.

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-19 7:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the fun time, everyone.

If you didn't go, you missed out on free art night...that's right, Woofmutt was spontaneously creating art in the dark and giving them out to attendees. What a thoughtful guy (want to make him blush or stammer).

Thanks to Dogbytes for sharing her garlic fries with everyone...(those are addicting). I brought a baggie full of chocolate for everyone but forgot about it as it was in the depths of my purse. Oh well.

Great seeing everyone again and it's always a treat when a Canadian road trips on down.

Until next time...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation