FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving new stone pieces and wood Tangaroa
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
new stone pieces and wood Tangaroa
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 6:48 pm   Permalink

I love how that guy looks in the baby seat! Some nice stuff there.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-05 6:55 pm   Permalink

thanks, Hewey- i almost delivered him without getting a pic, so i shot him where he sat.

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 12:09 pm   Permalink

WOW, I love the guy under the one in the car seat, how he's just kinda kicking back sitting on one leg. Very nice! I'm finally getting the hang of knees in general. he looks really natural and casual.
I see plants on a few of them, are you hollowing them out so they fit plants? Are you sealing them up to keep the water from going inside?

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 3:22 pm   Permalink

hey- thanks Mieko -i'm going to get some other views of that one. he's got a good profile.
yea, most of my tikis are bowled out on top, with a drain hole drilled from the lowest point out the back of head dress, neck, etc. an extra layer of sealant in the bowl and pushed through the hole doese the trick.
today was the perfect day for carving outside. i forgot my camera at work, so i took some pics using my daughter's digital. i'll upload them and get them on in a bit.

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 3:59 pm   Permalink

so that's almost 6 hrs. he's 14" -oak i think.

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 5:21 pm   Permalink

Nice work greentikipat!
I like those progress shots. Interesting to me to see the way your process goes. Keep it up.
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 7:18 pm   Permalink

thanks, Buzzy. we'll do.

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 12:56 am   Permalink

I agree with Buzzy, interesting process.
Show us more

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-07 7:53 pm   Permalink

This lil guy is lookin badass!!! I REALLY dig the tiki pictured underneath the babyseat pic. Keep 'em Rollin'

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 7:06 pm   Permalink

right on, Freddie. how are you? the shrunken tiki's good company. hope you're good.

Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 9:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-05 13:56, greentikipat wrote:

Nice work, greentikipat! I see on this one that you dared to go asymmetrical with it. Gutsy! Keep it up, man.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 9:28 pm   Permalink

Wow! I missed that one... Nice! complicated piece,and done well...

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 10:04 am   Permalink

thanks a lot, Daves. sorry i didn't reply sooner. i'll put some finished pics of that one up soon. he looks good burned and sealed.

well here are some pics of my roratonga/marquesian hybrid. here he's ready for sanding. about 13 hrs or so into it. i'll post the sanded pics real soon. this is my first hardwood piece, and also my first completely hand-carved(and hand-sanded)as well. can't wait to pick up the chainsaw and grinder again.

Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 1:40 pm   Permalink

I know it's been said but I have to say it too--I really like your deep cut style. Your detail work looks good as well. I'm diggin' the shell teeth too. Welcome to TC!!!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 3:17 pm   Permalink

Lots'a Nice work there. I can definitely see this guy is going to be Excellent. I Love the deep detail you get in your pieces.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation