FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving new stone pieces and wood Tangaroa
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
new stone pieces and wood Tangaroa
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 8:01 pm   Permalink

thanks Surf and Benz. here's some sanded pics, and more semi-finished ones tomorrow.

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 8:38 pm   Permalink

WOW! That's a kick a$$ tang. He looks great! How tall is he. You should call him tripod!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-12 8:47 pm   Permalink

ha! he's about 14". in height i mean!- yea' that's been one of his nicknames. thanks Surf!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 7:06 pm   Permalink

well, the little guy is finished. hope you like.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 7:20 pm   Permalink

That looks great!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 8:41 pm   Permalink

Aloha, I've noticed that you left the ear lobes open. Are you going to put in any ear ornaments? Great Tiki, Mahalo for posting! Freddie

[ This Message was edited by: HOUSE OF KU 2007-03-18 20:44 ]

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 06:27 am   Permalink

GTPat,

That little guy is killer! Beautiful carving work and a very nice finish. I hope you intend to keep him indoors...I would hate to see such a wonderful carving get killed by the sun and rain. I love the mix of styles.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 4:34 pm   Permalink

hey there, Hewey- thanks a lot. House o'Ku, aloha! thank you. yes, the lobes are waiting for the right oceanic pieces. fish bones,(he is a fisherman, after all)maybe some tightly curved shells, etc. i've looked throu all my stashes and havn't come up with the right curves yet. they'll turn up, though. any ideas? Gman, thanks very much. no, he won't be an outdoor dweller,(not most of the time anyway)that light just looked right on him.he's been on the porch throughout his birthing, tonight will be his first night in the house. Mahalo guys!

greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 8:13 pm   Permalink

aloha all! long time no post. paintings and life have taken the front seat for a while. but finally here is a new one. 3 to 4 hrs into it, it's the opposite of the last one- as little hand carving as possible. the only chisel work is in the mouth to remove material. this right side in first shots is all grinder.

the left side shows (i hope) the start of dremmel smoothing.

a very soft piece of washingtonia palm.17" much to go, but about half-way there. hope everyone's well. thanks for looking.

haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 02:20 am   Permalink

That will be a realy beautifull tiki. Perfect and nice forms on this guy. Keep it up!

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 05:49 am   Permalink

Excellent stuff here greentp, I Love the 14incher, he's a tuff looking little/big guy. Excellent body and cute butt. Your new guy in Washingtonian is Cool/traditional. Nice and Deep detail and Great features. I think you might have done this before?.
Excellent stuff.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 11:53 am   Permalink

really nice work!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 2:28 pm   Permalink

You been hangin with GMAN?

Dammit!

Mahalo back at ya!

Very nice works!

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 8:06 pm   Permalink

right on, thanks all! ALOHA!
haikai- thanks a lot, man.-i do try. the forms on this one grow more as i go. it was supposed to be a quickie, but they never work out like that.!!
Benz- thanks very much. props from you always come as a punch in the gut.- THE REALLY GOOD KIND. if there is such thing.:} thanks for making a comment on his butt. it was one of my main focus points. and as far as doing this before(on the new one)- the grinder, yes- the dremmel, no. had it forever, never used it to produce tiki gods. falling in love with it though. thanks again, Benz.
Queen Kamehameha- thank you very much. i appreciate your comps. and also your vocab typing practice. please stop by again. mahalo!
Mctiki- dammit! i wish the chance had come already! i have a couple friends in tampa, so i cross over the pond once in a while, and if i knew where he lived, i would have crashed him by now. TIKI IN TOW! but anyway, we'll get there eventually. (hint hint GMAN)!!
well anyway, i got some more done on dremeltiki tonight, and i will post some new pics soon. thanks all for your kind words.

greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 4:48 pm   Permalink

so here's those new pics i promised(and forgot). he didn't sell at hukilau, so he's for sale over in the marketplace. DON'T LOOK! that wasn't an ad.

hope everyone's well- mahalo!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation