FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts tiki/polynesian tattoos!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
tiki/polynesian tattoos!!!!
VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-08-28 9:25 pm   Permalink

Looking good...I too wish you were in California. I am going to try to go to a tattoo convention in Santa Rosa, Ca at the end of February....anyone interested in going?

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 6:28 pm   Permalink

aloha good people!
here are some new pics from recent.
the first is a cover-up executed in about 16hrs over 3 days. (in a row.) one tough customer. i decided at the beginning to incorperate the haida-type imagery, as it would not cover well, and well, it's pacific rim. -so why not? most was designed on paper, some drawn on, and the surfing tikis at bottom were re-designed from existing tattoos he brought in.

before....

after!

sorry there's no close up of the bottom...battery died.

and here's some new progress on this one today.

more tatau in a few days! Mahalo!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 6:46 pm   Permalink

Just awesome. Wow...you did an incredible job incorporating the old piece, and all that flawless symmetry..ay-yi-yi! I have enough trouble just getting two eyes to line up!
I'll be adding a trip to your studio to my Florida visit when it happens!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-lee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-05 1:00 pm   Permalink

Those are nice tiki tat's.I love them all.

View Profile of tiki-lee Send a personal message to tiki-lee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 6:56 pm   Permalink

aloha, Vampiress- sorry i failed to acknowledge you before, how rude of me! thank-you for the comps; and i wish you were here in st. pete to get tattooed!
Mr.Paipo- thanks very much-symmetry can be a real bitch on a piece like that. all inconsistencies aside, it turned out rather well. a trip to fl? i would give you mighty discount for traveling so far!
Tiki Lee-thanks a lot!
i forgot to shoot today's progress on the Maori-styled chest/shoulder/back piece, but will get it up asap. Mahalo all for looking!!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-10 5:25 pm   Permalink

aloha all! been taking a break for awhile. here are some pics of a new one. three sessions in one week! i don't know where these people come from, but i'm glad they come to me! he had the two cobwebs on the shoulders, and the kinda abstract piece on his sternum. the face will become a tangaroa with red beard, and the shoulders will be cocktail umbrellas. as you can see, the overall theme is celtic mixed with polynesian. some others gave him shit, but i thought it was a well balanced, quite original idea.(as far as modern tattoos go. although i did have one guy who was starting to COVER a lot of irish/celtic work with polynesian tatau.)
please enjoy!

i'm working on the forearm cannibal girls tomorrow; i'll try and post them tomorrow night.
mahalo for looking! hope all of you are well! cheers!

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-11 05:08 am   Permalink

Looking cool Pat! I can't wait to see how you do the cover-ups!

Craig

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-11 06:14 am   Permalink

I just stumbled on this thread....the tattoos are freakin' awesome.

I have been thinking about something tiki-ish for my next tattoo and have even gone into a few places here in NYC, but I just can't find someone who "gets it".

Obviously there are lots of great artists in New York who could copy a picture or drawing, but I don't think they would add the flourishes that you put in your stuff.

Also it would be good to talk to someone, since I kinda know what I want but do not have an exact idea of how to make it look. Something similar to the stuff here with some combination of moai, wahines, headhunters, etc., or maybe not all of the above if too busy...see I need an expert.

BTW - love the tat with the leprechaun holding a tiki mug and the wahine playing the bagpipes...

Joe

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-11 5:27 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Craig! yes, those cover ups should be interesting. we'll see.
hey Joe- thanks a lot! finding the right tattooist can be difficult.feel free to pm me with any questions- i'll always do what i can from here. good luck and happy hunting.
so here are some shots of this mornings work. enjoy!

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-11 7:00 pm   Permalink

Damn that looks good, Pat!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-11 7:14 pm   Permalink

WOW! Those forearm shots of this mornings work are unbelievable. They look great... I am soo jealous! Wow!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hinano_Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-11 7:21 pm   Permalink

Mines a little commercial but I like it!

May your first child be a Moai child..

View Profile of Hinano_Paul Send a personal message to Hinano_Paul  Email Hinano_Paul Goto the website of Hinano_Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-11 7:37 pm   Permalink

WOW! Really nice TATS! Okay, all thoses folks who keep contacting me on MY SPACE wanting tattoos, I'm gonna send to you!

That Back piece is freaking flawless. Amazing!

LOVE DEM TATS!
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)
[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/5514x538c224a.jpg[

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 5:09 pm   Permalink

hey there, 4WD- mahalo very much.
jpmartdog- right on-thank you. how far's Amesbury from Lowell? i'll be up there a day or two around the 15th of Nov., tattooing. can probably fit in another appt. if you're interested. i'll also be working a day in Portsmouth and one in Nashua, NH. don't know what days yet, but will be nailing them down real soon. couple a'opportunities if ya like!
Aloha Hinano Paul- the opposing figures are a fresh addition to the turtle motif- thanks for showing. maybe this thread should be turned into a polynesian tattoo thread for all to post on. what do you guys think? is there one yet?
Brad- thanks a lot! any interested parties pointed in this direction will always be greatly appreciated! and mucha mahalo for all the excitement in your words.
Aloha All!!

jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 7:09 pm   Permalink

GTP - holy crap - what an opportunity - I am very close to Portsmouth, if there is any way you could fit me in for a tiki/wahine creation on my left shoulder ... i'd be stoked! I will pm you for more details and arrangements! This is unbelievable! are you working out of Hobo's tatoo in portsmouth?
Been hanging around Tattoo America in Salisbury Mass the last couple of weeks, trying to put together a design... but def want to wait till the 15th, for you!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation