FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 7 booking online
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 7 booking online
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 10:20 am   Permalink

Cult of the Eye "Party Room"?

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:33 am   Permalink

Don't forget to make dinner reservations directly with Bali Hai Restaurant before 7:00pm when the Thursday night kick-off party starts. Their number is (619) 222-1181. We are reserved for 5:30pm. Last year we thought we had plenty of time booking an hour before the party started, but ended up joining the party an hour late. Give yourself plenty of time to enjoy your dinner and drinks in the restaurant.

Aloha. See ya there!
- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 12:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks TWB!

We'll IN for TO 2007! We'll make our restaurant rsservations asap!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 12:12 pm   Permalink

Thanks a ton for the heads-up, tikiwinebear! Silly us, we had a 7pm reservation - we are now moved to 5:45 at a window. Having not been to Oasis since it was in Palm Springs, this is a REALLY helpful tip

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-12 4:10 pm   Permalink

Yes...thanks for the heads-up as I had mine for 7pm also, but was able to keep the window seat and move to 6pm.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-13 08:48 am   Permalink

For those of you who have never been to Bali Hai, every seat in the house has a view Don't worry if you make a reservation and they say all the window tables are full

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-13 09:33 am   Permalink

I hope this isn't too dumb of an idea (cause I usually have a lot of them), how about if we do that TC button thang, so we can identify our fellow TCers? OK...you can stop laughing now!!! Would have to come up with a good design, but just wonder if anyone would be interested in a button if I had some made?

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 09:58 am   Permalink

Vamp,
I felt the same way when I attended my first tiki event. But you can usually tell Tiki Centralites easily. We normally wear colorful tiki / Hawaiian attire, laden with lots of hand carved tiki pendants around our necks, and are the ones having the most fun at the restaurant (probably with a tiki mug in our hand). Because there are so many pictures posted on Tiki Central, you probably will recognize lots of faces at the restaurant. Once you identify one table, watch for who they are interacting with, and you can spot other TC ohana. Local San Diegians eating dinner at the Bali Hai probably won't be as colorful.

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-14 09:54 am   Permalink

Will anyone be hosting a pretiki party this weekend like last year?

Mahalo,

Tikitatt

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-14 10:20 am   Permalink

Thanks Myke.....so sorta like tourists with colorful clothes, cameras/leis hanging around necks, loud partying spirit. Gotcha...I am really looking forward to all the celebrating. I'm gonna bring my Mom to the Bali Hai...she is 87 years old and a wild little party gal herself. She supports my tiki affliction...how cool is that!!!

Been surfing the menu. Gotta say that the Home page for the Bali Hai is one of the most beautiful pieces of web art I have ever seen. Mr Bali Hai looks very enchanting framed in that Bird of Paradise.

Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 10:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-14 09:54, Tikitatt wrote:
Will anyone be hosting a pretiki party this weekend like last year?

Mahalo,

Tikitatt

Hey Tikitatt,
Not sure if this is the sort of "preparty" you mean or a house party?

Quote:

On 2007-04-15 18:15, RevBambooBen wrote:
Hey Tiki Freaks!

We're having a pre-Oasis Parking Lot Party on Sunday, August 12th at the Bamboo Ben Shanty Town Huts.

Interested in participating?

pm or email.

( looking for a few free bands too!)

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=22764&forum=17&start=270

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 10:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-13 09:33, VampiressRN wrote:
I hope this isn't too dumb of an idea (cause I usually have a lot of them), how about if we do that TC button thang, so we can identify our fellow TCers? OK...you can stop laughing now!!! Would have to come up with a good design, but just wonder if anyone would be interested in a button if I had some made?

I'm with Vampiress on this one!
While I do completely agree with Myke that you can definitely recognize a group of TCers by their colorful plumage, neck-ware and tiki mugs there are over 5,000 TCers and well over a 1,000 at any BIG event!
Mrs. Mojo and I are SOOOOO bad with remembering names that it's difficult to keep that last Tiki party with 30 people straight!

To quote Spock:
"Too much LDS in the 60's."

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 3:31 pm   Permalink

From someone who literally cannot remember a name until I've heard it five times, meeting TCers at these events is really not a problem.

In fact, its kind of fun to walk up to people in Hawaiian attire, start talking with them and then ask, are you on TC ?. It's kind of like a Christmas gift. You never know who you're going to run into. Maybe its an interesting person who's not on TC. Could be that artist who's work you love but didn't know the face, or another TCer that you've talked with online. And because we all have TC names, it's pretty common to have to ask someone's name again and again, and again, until you remember. Add to that "The cocktail factor", and it's all a lighthearted fun way to meet people.

We went to Hukilau and didn't know a sole except for the CA contingency. By the end of the weekend, we knew many of the non-left coast Tiki Ohana (and a few tourists) just by walking up and talking to people in vintage hawaiian attire. I completely understand the desire to have the comfort of seeing who someone is before talking to them. But I think that kind of makes it too formal, especially when we get to know eachother after attending several events anyway. Just my personal thoughts.

Easy ways to spot TCers:
*Groups of people in Hawaiian vintage shirts hanging out together, esp. at the vintage bar.
*People laughing, having traditional cocktails, and talking in depth about something Tiki.
*People in costume appropriate to the theme of TO.
*Generally, look for the crazy group having the most fun in the room and it's probably TC.

Really, you can spot TCers a mile away and you won't be tested on remembering the names.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 5:08 pm   Permalink

We don't need any stinkn' badges...

Really...you won't have any trouble...

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BeachyTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-16 7:04 pm   Permalink

We are booked! This will be our first Tiki Oasis! We can't wait!

View Profile of BeachyTiki Send a personal message to BeachyTiki  Email BeachyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation