FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events ANOTHER New England Gathering (New Tiki-4/14)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
ANOTHER New England Gathering (New Tiki-4/14)
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-08 7:59 pm   Permalink

Wow....I've loved watching this restaurant change around ALOT! I live like 10 miles from the place! If I was older than 19 and not at college I'd totally hit that up.

RIP Tiki Lau......Aloha New Tiki!

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-09 12:09 pm   Permalink

Woo Hooooo!!!

Get this, my gig for that night is from 7:00 - 9:00 in Bolton, MA!!!!

Which means, if I hightail it out of there right after our performance ("All Summer Long" a Beach Boy tribute band I play bass in)I can make it to the New Tiki easily since it's literally on my way home!!!!!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing so many of you!

This just in, my wife is free too! So expect us after 9:00.

You never know, we might have some other members of the band with us too, since they'll already be wearing Hawaiian shirts.

[ This Message was edited by: The Granite Tiki 2007-04-09 12:16 ]

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-09 5:22 pm   Permalink

A momentous occasion! Getting excited to see everyone... Now did anyone remember to remind New Tiki that we are descending on them?

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-09 7:07 pm   Permalink

I pm'd new tiki but no response....yet

If anyone has a myspace acct, you may wanna remind them via a message thru there as well.

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-04-09 19:18 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 09:22 am   Permalink

Please post lots of pix, as I will have to participate vicariously, and in the past tense.

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 09:37 am   Permalink

Bargoyle, I alerted him via myspace today.

..sbim

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 5:40 pm   Permalink

Sent Brian (New Tiki's real name) an e-mail he is ready for us and is planning on being there. On a sad note Jukebox guy has not downloaded exotica yet... 4 days there might be enough time!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
New Tiki

Posted: 2007-04-11 04:50 am   Permalink

There will be NO Karaoke on Saturday night. The only Karaoke we now have, is a Karaoke contest on Wednesday night. Thursday night is a DJ & there are live bands on Friday & Saturday nights. This week, the "Big Time Trio" will be playing.

I hope the Juke Box will be loaded with the appropriate music by Saturday. If not, the music is still available via instant download.

I have new Scorpian Bowls ... no Volcano.

I found a couple of boxes of old Coconut Mugs, which are now at the bar.

So far, I've only found 1 original Tiki Mug, that looks like it's from the 60's or 70's. I'm sure there are more hidden somewhere, but I haven't found them yet.

I've been fighting with my Bar Manager & Beer Distributor, to get rid of the neon "Bud Light" sign that's now behind the Beer Taps ... we'll see if I win that battle by Saturday. I did bring in one Chinese Beer, but their promotional material is limited.

The Moai has had the red "eye" lights replaced, but I haven't taken it off the building for refinishing, yet ... waiting for warmer weather for that task.

Just so no one is surprised & disappointed, the sculpture we affectionately refer to as the "Virgin Budda" has been moved from behind the bar, to the front wall and a big screen TV has been mounted on the bar wall. With the Red Sox's recently popularity, it's become a necessary evil ... especially with Opening Day coming this week.

I should be there on Saturday night.

See you all then.

Thanks!

View Profile of New Tiki Send a personal message to New Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 05:23 am   Permalink

major refurbishment going at the New Tiki I see! Awesome!

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 06:13 am   Permalink

let not winter's memory
nor spring's weak shove
detour our noble purpose
with mirth and ferment milk
this transport toward the sun
will come from tiki eye !

......lets' give em' something to talk about !

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 06:15 am   Permalink

Everything sounds great to me.

But no more weekend Karaoke? My wife will be bummed out.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 08:33 am   Permalink

Whew! No Karaoke!

Can we throw underwear at Bargoyle anyway?

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 09:36 am   Permalink

Sure!! Why not!

I wear boxers...size Large, so throw plenty of them!!

heh heh

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 10:03 am   Permalink

I just haven't said anything for awhile....

Aloooohaaaa!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 4:27 pm   Permalink

3 more days!

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation