FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Mooney's velvet finished- paintings by pat vassar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Mooney's velvet finished- paintings by pat vassar
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-10 10:11 am   Permalink

Aloha Pat!!!Wow what a Bunch of SMOKIN Paintings you got goin there my friend!!Hope all is well on your end!!! Thinkin bout bringin the wife over and myself 2 give you some Tat business.Take care ,Aloha for now , your friend Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-11 3:27 pm   Permalink

MAN!!!And to think I thought you just carved awesome tikis,love the black
velvet wahine,Hell! I love all of it.Be kool to see some tiki inspired
tattoo pic's.Cheers Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-11 4:09 pm   Permalink

I dig the way you paint hula girls, Pat!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-12 05:54 am   Permalink

Badass stuff, Pat, excellent technique and color. It's great to have you and your talent back.

I think some of your tattoo style shows up in these new pieces. And I really dig the naughtiness of that last sketch....

[ This Message was edited by: Robb Hamel 2009-05-12 05:55 ]

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-12 05:56 am   Permalink

Oh yeah: I noticed you start with a layer of blue like Maxfield Parrish... any connection?

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-12 2:36 pm   Permalink

aloha all!
Mooney my man! thanks a lot, you guys come on over anytime! remember that painting i told you i finally started? the cat pissed on it! just kidding- the dog ate it? actually it's almost done. it's a black velvet and i've been itching to post shots. but you should receive it first, right? isn't that how these things work?
Watangooooo!! (Deadbolt) thanks a lot man, i try to stay busy. it doesn't always work. i do have a tattoo thread up, for all to post on. i try to keep it updated now and then.
Sam G~ always feels good when a headliner such as yourself stops in for a comp. mahalos much, man-i likes em too...they all my girlfriends.
Robb--thanks muchas bud and right-on. cool to have some un-noticed continuity ....noticed! wink wink on that last one-every now and then i have to paint something bad. this one i tried making just subtle enough to be printed/shown somewhere besides an erotic show. the blue starts are just the first slap for the farthest background. i only use 3 blues,2 greens, one yellow, one fusha and red, and 3 browns here at the shop. and a tattoo white. i think one of the paintings started with green.

so here's a few in-progs of this one. thought i had one at the beginning, sorry.

this is canvas board 8x10" acrylic

mahalo for looking!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-13 08:13 am   Permalink

Stellar painting Pat!
and those ones on the last page-killer!

i think i read every UFO/Erich von Däniken/Strange Mysteries book
and just Loooove the notion of advanced cultures meeting primitive ones!
Lovin the Moai's eyes
and the reflection on the ship...
and how lush and juicy your pieces are...
Man! This painting would've rocked the party
at the 2nd Annual Tiki magazine show
hosted at the planet Rooth gallery
it had an interstellar robots meets tiki theme to it..
Simply a pleasure to view!

now finish it!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-19 09:32 am   Permalink

aloha all-
hey LLT~ thanks much, my friend. yes, those books and others like them have provided me with many years of fun reading. someone loaned me 'Gold of the Gods' long ago and that just opened a huge can of missing link mutatious goodness!!
so here's progress -almost done. maybe today?

getting there-
hopefully i'll have time tonight to finish Mooney's velvet!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-19 5:14 pm   Permalink

Just finished eye-ballin your thread. Killer work!
Love the different styles ya got going on.
Great details!

Velvets, tattoos, carvings, etc...
Hey, leave somethin' for the rest of us!
Keep it up!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-22 3:57 pm   Permalink

aloha all!

hey thanks, J! i have to have different styles going on; feels like i have a broader scope of the world-and to keep things fresh. that's what i noticed first pg of your thread- damn! from cartoon to realistic- i love it! i'll try not to pig out on the mediums!

well, this guy's finished. i could keep tweaking details, highlights and shadows for ever. but onwards instead. can't settle on a title, so any help would be appreciated. i always suck at titles.

so hard to shoot the canvas texture. this was the best out of 8 or so. this and the previous set of 4 wahines will be avail as prints for hukilau. maybe the next one, too.
mahalos for any help w/ the title! and as always, thanks for lookin.

MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 12:13 pm   Permalink

Very cool painting Pat!!!Lookin forward 2 seein our painting,so go ahead and post it my friend!!!Talk 2 ya soon, Aloha , Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-26 12:31 pm   Permalink

Rockin on OUT Pat!
outta this world!
Let's see those 2 you've been hiding!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 10:26 am   Permalink

alright, well here's Jimmy Mooney's velvet piece for his family. hope i didn't really screw up, like forget one of the kids or something! it wasn't dry enough to clean, so forgive the cat hair and lint. very fun trying to show an action scene on velvet. learned quite a bit on this piece, so can't wait to do the next still life.

'Mooneys over Waikiki' ? or 'Don't Make Me Pull This Thing Over!!'

there's actually quite a bit of symbolism there- Jimmy guiding his family home, ahead of the storm and through the darkness. balancing it all, and maintaining control. and having a blast while doing it!

LLT- thanks, man~the other one is just getting started!

MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 10:33 am   Permalink

Holy S__T Pat!!~!!!What a Ultra KOOL Painting!!!!You NAILED It perfectly!!!That's pretty much us havin a bit of FUN!!!,Mahalo Pat!!Talk 2 ya soon!!! Aloha your friend, Jimm Mooney

MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-27 10:37 am   Permalink

Pat just call it "Moons over whykeekee"Aweasome Art my friend!!!!, Aloha, Jimmy Mooney

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation