FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Mooney's velvet finished- paintings by pat vassar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Mooney's velvet finished- paintings by pat vassar
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 9:18 pm   Permalink

hey Paipo -probably the same as i've been missing out on too many carving threads.thanks, man. yea, the momentos are the tie that binds on this one. and the two bamboo pieces are a first, that depth on the last one are a lucky draw.(i think). thanks, bro. cheers! can't wait to see some of your next stuff!

LLT- thanks, man. i was going to leave the back simple, but then realised-WHY? thanks for noticing,it does look good, huh? it's my favorite part.

SuburbanP- thanks a lot. they're i bit new for me, but will make many more.I DIG'EM!

hey Hewey- fuck it- take a smallish one and just go off on it! it must be the only way. best i can figure anyhow. thanks, mate!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 11:39 am   Permalink

fantastic bamboo pieces... really really nice!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 7:45 pm   Permalink

WOW, That Bamboo looks Carved,,, Awesome Greenie, just plain Awesome. How do you get that tight, fine ,realistic detail? Love it!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 9:14 pm   Permalink

Queen K- thanks a lot!
Benz-thanks very much.the darker brown base has a very wide range. from black to a light brown, it's just a matter of layers. the cannibals painting actually has not a drop of black in it anywhere, thanks to that brown. thanks again.

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-31 5:21 pm   Permalink

well, here's the finished happy cannibals. was done a couple of weeks ago, but only now got around to shooting it.

and here is my first oil on black velvet, finished today. sorry there were no in-progress pics. done at work, and didn't really think of it. i think it's about 11x14. a lot of fun; a lot to learn- so there will be many more.

how it really looks is in between these two.

and here's a few shots of the other in progress-

got the idea when reading peter pan to my daughter last week.
mermaid lagoon and cannibal cove. -what the place names on the signs will read.

it's original intent was/is for a show at a coffee house. but it will be going to hukilau with all the others.

it's title: 'So who was Joe?'

FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-31 5:29 pm   Permalink

Deaamn! All looks great, Homes. That velvet turned out killa! I was waitin on it. Really dig the dark earie vibe it gives.. Talk witchu soon.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-31 5:44 pm   Permalink

awesome stuff!!! let me know when you are ready to sell sumthin'!!....would love to add your work to the bamboo bunker gallery!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-01 02:30 am   Permalink

Very nice work. The cannibal trio is a nice tiki style still life, the black velvet is a great traditional poly pop piece, and the new piece is shaping up to be awesome too

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-03 01:31 am   Permalink

That velvet Marq is suh-weet! I wouldn't mind a piece of that action either. Add me to the "I'd like to get one of those when you have some available" list.....

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 9:04 pm   Permalink

hey Freddie, thanks much. sorry 'bout the phone tag- will try ya again tomorrow.
hewey- thank you. a little variety is always good. that last one is finished, but forgot to shoot it before delivering it for a show this evening. maybe i can get some pics posted before hukilau next weekend.
Tipsy and Paipo-great to hear! almost everything is available. please pm me about any interrests, and i'd be happy to provide more info. i was going to wait till after the hukilau to put some things up for sale, but anything can be reserved or bought at any time. commisioned work is always welcome of course, others' ideas are always rewarding. let me know!
thanks again, all!

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 11:11 pm   Permalink

YEah! THat black velvet piece is Kicking! Awesome work!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 11:22 am   Permalink

That black velvet really is cool - that's something I'd like to try soon...

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 8:28 pm   Permalink

hey Tiki Shark and Sam G- thanks a lot! there will definately be more black velvets. as you said, Sam- been wanting to try them for a while. a lot of fun, no doubt.

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 8:58 pm   Permalink

The velvet is intense! great mood too no matter what the surface!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 10:40 am   Permalink

thanks a lot, suburban! the dark backgound starts the mood for you,-before any paint is even applied.half the work done already!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation