FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Mooney's velvet finished- paintings by pat vassar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Mooney's velvet finished- paintings by pat vassar
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 11:38 am   Permalink

WOW that new painting is sweet! Is that going to be a print we can get? Please consider it!

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 11:42 am   Permalink

Howzit, Pat? Luv your paintings.. Colors and detail are always on point. Lookin'forward to seein' the wahine get done up. It looks like the GreenTiki is gonna put some teef marks on dat azz,,,,Marv Albert style. R U gonna be doin up anymore of those mini paintings? Those are pretty cool! Hows Lil' Vassar doin'? I should be sendin' U some pics soon. Take care. fB

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 11:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-03 11:38, Kahu wrote:
WOW that new painting is sweet! Is that going to be a print we can get? Please consider it!

I'll second that.. How 'bout that "happy cannibals" piece. That would be one helluva print.

[ This Message was edited by: FreddieBallsomic 2008-04-03 11:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: FreddieBallsomic 2008-04-03 11:50 ]

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-03 12:32 pm   Permalink

Cool I love the in progress shots! New painting is looking good!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 2:40 pm   Permalink

awesome paintings dude!!!
love the colours on the last one, specially the green - i guess you love green aswell being your name an all...

[ This Message was edited by: harro 2008-04-03 14:41 ]

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-04 2:46 pm   Permalink

aloha all!!
hey kahu- thanks much, man. funny you should say something about prints- i just today locked in an insane photographer(finally!) as soon as this piece is finished, we'll be shooting it and a few others for some quality(but still affordable) prints.
freddie man- mahalo! yea -that azz gonna have a few scratch/teef marks already. little one's doin great- thanks for askin. the happy cannibals will be avail finally before hukilau. that one was designed to be a print, been a long wait.
Tiki Shark- aloha and mahalos, man! thanks for stoppin in.
harro- much mahalos; yea,i likes green...

so i didn't get to work on the painting yesterday, someone walked in as soon as i got up from the puter. if the one at home starts working again, i'll post the further pics i already have. take care all

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 3:27 pm   Permalink

well not much new work done, but here's all i have since the last. a bit more has been done to it since, but i'll wait for some more to shoot.

mahalo!!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 7:22 pm   Permalink

that re-posting was pisssing me off i remember- bad keyboard at work! well no more!! back online at home now, and back at work on tiki paintings! here are a couple for hukilau- more of them to come.

unfortunately i only snapped one shot of this one today, so all we see is the washed-out, bright version. no flash, too. it was over-cast today outside and would have been good photo weather, but i was in a hurry to get grocery shopping done. ahh- the struggles of a houseman. shooting black velvet is no easy task. of course oil paint presents it's own difficulties as well.

here is my sweetheart dancing at midnight for me. oil on velvet is a lot of fun. i'll be doing a lot of these as time goes on. as with the first velvet piece, (these are two and three)i'm showing two pictures, one no flash and one with. the true image is between the two. yes, i will start shooting them outside;)

there we are for now, more to come soon!

on a side note, a business partner and myself will be opening a new tattoo shop called 'Electric Tiki'- the decor will be that of a tiki lounge. very cool stuff in the mix. we'll have a banner add and website up in the next month or so. i'll also be contacting a few folks out there for some decor/art for the spot. mahalo for stopping by!!

Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-23 08:47 am   Permalink

Aloha Pat - Great looking work, man! Seeing your post reminds me that I need to stop in the shop to say hi to you and JD sometime. I'm right around the corner and drive by all the time. I'll be sure to drop by sometime soon.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to checking out your wares at Hukilau.

J

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-23 10:13 am   Permalink

Ooo, I really like that full moon scene! really nice! Would look good with my print of your underwater tiki.
Can't wait to see you at Hukilau!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-23 11:09 am   Permalink

Pat, love your Wahine on velvet! Great stuff. Wish I was going to be at Hukilau to see your stuff in person!

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-24 5:04 pm   Permalink

Great stuff, the Drive-in poster actually surprised me.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-25 06:50 am   Permalink

Aloha Pat !!! WOW A guy goes away to have his sons tonsils removed and comes back to something really GOOD as in smokin creativity !!! Really diggin your Art my friend, your one Talented person, Mahalo for sharin, Aloha , Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-25 09:39 am   Permalink

hey J- right on man- look foreward to seein you.i'm only at the shop mon, wed- fri noon till 5 or later. jd's working up at the clearwater shop these days, but we're both lookin foreward to seein/hearin you guys next month.
Meiko! what's up? cool- maybe we work something out, eh? can't wait to see your cool wares this year. Mahalo!
Kahu-man, thanks a lot. wish you could be there -you're always such a cool supporter. much mahalos!
mr Hamel- thanks again, i really appreciate your compliments, as well as your works. i really love your stuff.
Mooney my man-thanks a lot my friend! i kept thinking back to your waves while trying to paint the smaller one. take care -see you soon?

MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-31 08:55 am   Permalink

Bump, Amazing art here!

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation