FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace New and Unique from Tiki Farm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New and Unique from Tiki Farm
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 1:40 pm   Permalink

That's a great idea and design. Since I don't really have a place to hang it I may use a tiki mug as a stand to keep it next to the sink.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-15 1:49 pm   Permalink

I heard a rumor that there's a whole line of cleaning products in the works from our favorite tiki artists...

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 1:50 pm   Permalink

I don't drink too much, but why didn't I think of this. Just a week ago, I was sqeezing my big hand in to reach the bottom.. Nearly colapping my hand and still never reached. Didn't really taste the difference will all that stuff left at the bottom.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 6:40 pm   Permalink

I'm in price negotiations with my factory on this. I've made some resin pieces in the past (jewelry, magnets, King Konga, C'Al pole & litle idols) but I've never made anything close to this in terms of volume. What I'm hoping is that you all can give me some feedback of what you feel a fair retail price for this would be, clamshell packaged with 4-color art backing. C'mon, please don't throw out #'s like $1.99 or $29.99. I have a guesstimate of what I want to sell this for (and as always, I want to put it out at a very fair price), but I'd appreciate any input. It will help in my negotiations. As there's really nothing even close to this in the retail market, I can't offer up anything to base the price on.
Mahaloz,
Holden

[ This Message was edited by: makedamug 2007-03-17 18:42 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 6:49 pm   Permalink

Im thinking no more than $12 with the price point probably being closer to $9.99

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blue Thunder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 6:57 pm   Permalink

I would think it would also need a little rubber tip on the wire ends as not to scratch the inside of the mug.

Dean

View Profile of Blue Thunder Send a personal message to Blue Thunder  Email Blue Thunder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-17 6:58 pm   Permalink

I agree with Monkeyman...ballpark of $9.99 is fair. Most high grade brushes will run around 7 bucks with a twisted stainless wire handle...so add $3 for "Tiki Fun Factor" it's a good deal! Right in line with average low price of Tiki Farm mugs.

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

Now what to do with the "clam shell packaging and four color graphics" ??? (IDEA) *Cut eye and mouth holes and add a rubberband...IT's A FREE TIKI MASK!!!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 7:06 pm   Permalink

Yo, TJ...Your a madman...Lookin forward to seein you as the "Luchador Tikiman" at the next event. (Big Luv 4 ya Jonsey)
I will definitely back the $9.99 to $12.99 price range.. That seems to be right on point.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-17 7:52 pm   Permalink

FEAR THE BEARDED CLAM-shell!!!

Luv'n right backatcha fBalls! GRRRrrr!!! ~Luchador El Jonesey

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
unklefun
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-17 9:03 pm   Permalink

Between $12-15, especially if it's hand painted.
The handle would make a cool mug as well.

[ This Message was edited by: unklefun 2007-03-17 21:06 ]

View Profile of unklefun Send a personal message to unklefun  Goto the website of unklefun     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
caffeinated
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-17 9:47 pm   Permalink

The Boston Warehouse line of plastic character utensils range from around $8-$20, though the paint op is much more simplified or non-existant in some cases than what you've shown. Could be helpful as a point of reference for your pricing. Target carries some of the line if you are not familiar:

http://www.target.com/gp/search.html/601-5307893-7384925?field-keywords=boston+warehouse&url=index%3Dtarget&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=0&y=0

View Profile of caffeinated Send a personal message to caffeinated      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-17 10:31 pm   Permalink

Cool Product!..
I was thinking it may not need the "clamshell" package but simply tie it of to a backing card.. you could put some "instructions", barcode etc on the back and maybe a recipe,
Here's a quick packaging concept i whipped up...

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 1:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-17 22:31, Tiki Trav wrote:
Cool Product!..
I was thinking it may not need the "clamshell" package but simply tie it of to a backing card.. you could put some "instructions", barcode etc on the back and maybe a recipe,
Here's a quick packaging concept i whipped up...

That's a great suggestion Trav. It's actually the direction that I gave the factory but they have the tooling/machining capability in place to do the clamshell. I'm still gonna outsource in that direction but if the price difference is slight, I'll go w/the clamshell.

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-18 3:02 pm   Permalink

I really liked the Original Concept for this Mug Brush...
but I guess Tiki Faces sell better than Chongolio faces!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-19 08:31 am   Permalink

Hey! No monkey business on this thread.... whoops too late. Dang!

I am watchin' you... I am watchin' ALL of you. You can't have that many eyes and not use them!

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation