FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki-Mania.... A little Dirk Yates goodness by me.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki-Mania.... A little Dirk Yates goodness by me.
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 11:47 pm   Permalink

Yeah that last one's a cracker! All of the last few were sweet, but the new piece is really on another level. I so badly want to see these coloured up - they'd be mindblowing with some moody lighting.
I'm surprised teaKEY hasn't stopped by to count those mugs yet (or the skulls)!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 12:01 am   Permalink

Ooh I really love your linework, and I agree the last one is really sweet lookin!

Ever going to color these in? if so, poooost!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 12:14 am   Permalink

thanks guys. Took me frickin' long 'nough to get it done. and yeah, I do plan on getting these colored...if I can find someone who wants to do the deed. Oh that sounded so wrong.

But yes, this one will look awesome with some moody coloring added to it. Now if I can get past this aversion I have towards inking my latest stuff. Definately want to see this one ( the latest of course) in a glossy print. That'll be Bitchin'.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-07 6:09 pm   Permalink

So, it's been quite a while since I last posted something. Time was not much of a friend to me in the last month and half, so taking a small break, I decided I'd get this one scanned in and up here as soon as possible. My attempt at a somewhat Period piece. Let me know what'cha think.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-07 6:15 pm   Permalink

And While I'm at, the best 50 Bucks I'm spending so far.

Colored by the Lovely and Talented Carly "Superchica" Spade.

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-07 6:50 pm   Permalink

Excellent!!!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-30 8:09 pm   Permalink

Latest Pirate piece. Didn't go too into details with this one, and the details I did put in didn't copy very well, but you'll see them in the Inks, eventually. I'm also thinking of turning these into a Calender concept I've not seen before, but I don't collect calenders so, I could be wrong.

Enjoy guys.

Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-12-31 10:01 am   Permalink

Very Cool stuff tikiman.....Would love to see more of these in color.....the detail is great!!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-27 8:26 pm   Permalink

Welp, it's taken a while, but I've finally managed to get the inks done on this one. The paper was shit cuz of my hand always going over it, thus wearing it away, and all the erasing I did working on it. But here she is, in all her Inked up glory.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 5:21 pm   Permalink

And here's another of my latest. Call her "Little Ms. Muffit", for obvious reasons. Need some advice on doing some Webbing in the background that looks like a Tiki's head, ala "Charlotte's Web". Tried it, didn't work. If anyone, ANYONE has any thoughts or ideas, let me know please. For now, I'm just gonna leave it blank.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-23 6:35 pm   Permalink

Latest Toon inspired piece I managed to get finished while I have some time to kill. May get to ink it before next month, but taht's getting a little ahead of myself.

Enjoy guys. And of course, let me know what'cha think.

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-24 4:54 pm   Permalink

Very nice, very sexy.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-24 6:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks Rob. Glad you like it. I've actually got another piece to put up here a bit later tonight that I managed to finish up this afternoon. Suprised I managed to get 2 done in less than 2 days.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-24 11:54 pm   Permalink

And here's the latest one to add to the Madness. Finished it earlier, but the damn Kinkos closes early on Saturday, and so does Staples. How the HELL are people who run businesses on the Weekends supposed to get work done when all the Business supply company's close early???

But luckily, there is a 24 Hour Kinkos here in Burbank. So it's all good, in a way. hopefully I'll have some time this coming week to get some inking done and get those up here too.

And this took me less than 2 days to do. New record.

OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-25 06:38 am   Permalink

beautiful illustration, and god bless that 24 hour kinkos!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation