FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki-Mania.... A little Dirk Yates goodness by me.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki-Mania.... A little Dirk Yates goodness by me.
bgizzy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-25 10:07 pm   Permalink

Your detail and textures are awesome. I like them in black and white line art, but the colorized on was nice too.

View Profile of bgizzy Send a personal message to bgizzy  Goto the website of bgizzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 2:42 pm   Permalink

Very cool artist lives here!!!Aloha Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-28 3:41 pm   Permalink

Why thank ya Mooney.

And BG. Thanks for the comment. I've had to kill myself in learning to do really detailed backgrounds over the years. though when getting to inking them, I'd rather just kill myself so I never have to do it again. And you'll see why when I finish up my inks on the "Queen of the Damned" piece soon. All Hunt 102 Crow Quill and a Winsor Newton Series seven #2 brush and Speedball Ink.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-02 4:53 pm   Permalink

And here's the Latest inked piece. Took the better part of a week to finish since msot days I couldn't sit at my desk long enough to spend any time on it. But it's done, and here it is. Now to figure out what to do next.

Enjoy.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-02 7:07 pm   Permalink

Hey man, that's awsome! really really cool

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-02 7:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks man. You can't really see it here, but there's a ton of black and white splatter on the ground and on the skulls. Had a bit of a mess when I was finished since I didn't mask off a lot of the pic, so I had to go back in and whiteout the rest of it. Then my white ink spilled, but was lucky enough to recover a lot of it. Hoping my next pic won't have as many problems, but knowing my luck...I've just jinxed myself.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-22 10:27 pm   Permalink

The latest 2. One is the Inked version of my Tooned piece, the other is a redo of the MUGged piece I posted on the first page. you look at the 2 and you'll see the diff's. I fixed her chest and raised it higher since she is arching her back, and thickened up her left thigh to match with her right leg. Someone mentioned that to me w while ago, but it wasn't until 7am this morning I actually got around to doing it as I was just about to start inking all the wood planks and stuff. then realized I still needed to make a copy of it first.

MUGged Redo

Tooned Inks

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-05 7:41 pm   Permalink

Alright all. With a major Lull in my other work for the past week, I've managed to get a bunch of other Inks done for this project...that just won't end.

So here they are...

enjoy....

Tabu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-06 5:14 pm   Permalink

Wow. They are all great but I love the pirate girl. The one with the reclining girl has a crapload of great mug designs. Way to go.

View Profile of Tabu Send a personal message to Tabu  Email Tabu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-06 6:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks. Those details were a bit of a pain. as I was inking them, started thinking about certain things, how to handel them and stuff, and figured that Most of them were all hand made, so give them a more Organic feel, not so straight edged as others might handel 'em. And then there were other problems with Her as well. Actaully had to go back in and redraw her face one last time, using one of my favorite artists who recently passed away last weekend as reference. Concidering the amount of times I erased her face, I was scared as hell to put a quill to it, but it actually came out great.

Frankly, Little Ms. Muffit has quickly become my favorite of them all, like the "Twilight Sacrifice" 2 pager I have up here, but there's something I want to add to it when I find someone to color it. And it was a last minute decision to Not put in the Spider webs between the lettering like I had originally planned. think it turned out for the best actually.

Now it's off to finish off this next one.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 02:32 am   Permalink

Just droppin in for a quick little update here. Had a bit of an urge to color something, so printed out a copy of my tooned Piece up above and threw down some layers of colored pencils, and some charcoal and white Ink for the sky and Stars.
I haven't really colored anything like this since '96, my Senior year of High School, so this was a bit interesting, and since I'm fairly colorblind..was a bit of challenge, since most of the pencils didn't have the color name printed on the outside. Trial and Error.

Wonder what I could do with a Wacom....if I could ever afford it...

sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 2:27 pm   Permalink

Keep up the good work. I likes em all!!

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 3:33 pm   Permalink

HOLY COW, I Really gotta get over here more often, this absolutely ROCKS!. Man what Awesome Stuff Tiki-M, you Sure got MY Attention.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 4:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ben. Glad you like. Got more coming as soon as I can finish the inks on others, and plenty more to get started in pencil.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 7:52 pm   Permalink

Welp, here it is. My latest project, straying a little bit from my normal PinUp work, and getting into a story that I'm still working out right now, as I work the sketches.
The Main Villain of the Story. Mr. Chuck Bigelow. The Founder and CEO of Tiki-Bucks Coffee. Aside from his business ethic's, if you'll even call them that, He's a bit of a tweak.

The Oficial Logo to Tiki-Bucks coffee. Just fun to do. My wife's worried that Star Bucks is gonna threaten a lawsuit against me for it like they did with another artist several years back, but I don't care. The Giant's already going down as I type.

Ok, little story behind these. When I was coming up with weapons that said Badguy was interested in obtaining for this story, it wasn't enough to just have 1 weapon that he wanted, I needed something he could use to hold that Weapon...to be able to actually Harness the power it holds. So I remembered VanTiki's thread of Mugs he'd made, and I was rally impressed with the Rock hands he made with the Lava cracks between the stone slabs. So, I went right to VT earlier this week, expressed interest in using the Hands in my story and asked his permission, thus giving him Full credit for being the creator. He said Yes, and here we are. Dr. Otto VAN TIKI's Gloves of Doom.

The Reason behind the gloves, the weapon to End all Weapons. The Goddess's staff that controls all Volcano's. thus the Object of Mr. Bigelow's obsession.

More designs to Follow soon, so stick around.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation