FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki-Mania.... A little Dirk Yates goodness by me.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki-Mania.... A little Dirk Yates goodness by me.
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 12:08 pm   Permalink

The latest creations.

The Guardians of the Forbidden Island. Have no clue what to name them just yet, but they represent the 4 Elements: Air, Sea, Earth, Fire. They'll be playing an integral part in the overall story once I figure everything out.
Next up are the youngsters and their habitat's. Should be fun.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-26 9:18 pm   Permalink

Hey Guys,

A gentleman over at Deviant Art was nice enough to send me the Finished colors to my "Little Ms. Muffit" Pin-Up today. Been rather depressed the last week or so due to the fact that I'm not able to make it to the San Diego Comic Con this weekend, I look forward to this show more than I do Christmas every year. It's my own Christmas in July.
But, after checking my e-mail today and seeing this, I'm all smiles. It's the best thing I've seen him do yet, and I'm honored it was my piece. I'll be making prints of this soon (somehow) and it is available as a print in various sizes on my DA gallery,
http://splotchy77.deviantart.com if you want a copy now.

Enjoy....I know I am...

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-05 01:46 am   Permalink

A bit of an edit from the colorist. I originally forgot to tell him that the Spiders spindle should have had a White line hold, to bring it out from the background, and here's what I got back.....

Looks better doesn't it???

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 4:11 pm   Permalink

Latest piece. Started her a while ago, but put her aside because of other work, and not liking the way I was drawing her, made a copy to lightbox her face (because that was the best part of the original pic) and redo the whole thing.
Finished her last night after about 2 1/2 days of work, mostly at night.

tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 9:52 pm   Permalink

Hey TiKiMaN77!

Great work! I'm fairly certain that much detailed linework would drive me barking mad. The colored pieces are incredible, the images have such depth!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-07 4:06 pm   Permalink

Naaaaahhhhh, you'd do ok. I know it seems like a lot, and often times when I'm inking these things, it does tend to take its tole on me. That 2 pager "Twilight Sacrifice" with all the Little "Menehune's" along the foreground, that one I'm very hesitant to ink right now. Drawing that thing took me MONTHS to do. The background alone went through several changes before I set on what's there. Most people I showed it to were flabbergasted by it. Now I've just gotta sit down and get the others going...

Dirk Yates
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-07 10:16 pm   Permalink

I have to agree with Eric. That much line work takes real dedication. I know my own linework can be a bit monotonous but yours has such and amazing level of depth. I hope I learn that kind of patience someday!!!

You are one of the many gifted artist on here like Tobunga and TikiShark, Sam Gambino and huge list of many others that I truly admire and am inspired by.

Mahalo,
Tiki Dirk

http://www.yatesstudios.com

View Profile of Dirk Yates Send a personal message to Dirk Yates  Email Dirk Yates Goto the website of Dirk Yates     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-08 05:44 am   Permalink

Well thanks Dirk. Really amazed to be included with the like of Sam and Brad. Both truly amazing artists as far as any of us are concerned. Brad's work has been a truly HUGE inspiration to me over the last couple of years, and I hope one day to acheive his level of Greatness, all be it just pencils and inks on my part, with all that he produces. And to have my stuff featured, if not mentioned, in Tiki Magazine would be the Ultimate thrill....but that may take a long time.

But I'm really glad you guys like these. Makes me feel like I'm on the right path here.

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 2:28 pm   Permalink

So did you worked on it more? did you? did you? Very nice so far:D !
Oh and Little ms. Muffit is looking great also!!

[ This Message was edited by: Clarita 2008-08-09 14:31 ]

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-09 3:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks Clarita. and no, I haven't worked on it more. I'm pretty happy with it, so that's that. Little Ms. Muffit I'm too happy with. Came out better than I would have ever dreamed, and I've just sent my "Queen of the Damned" piece to another colorist to see what she can do with it. All in all, it's been a slow start, but things seem to be rolling along at a nice pace so far.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-06 03:31 am   Permalink

Man, 28 Days since I last posted in my own thread.

Welp, here's my latest piece. Probably not my best one. The concept behind it seemed awesome in my head, but then as I began working on it, everything kinda fell to pieces. So, instead of just putting the whole thing aside and never touching it again, I decided to just push through and see it to the end. It has given me an idea for another Comic though. And maybe one day, when I'm old and grey, it'll see the light of day.

Gosh, wasn't that so poetic???

Welp, here she is, enjoy if you can.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-07 03:42 am   Permalink

Finished this a while back, but haven't gotten around to scanning her in. This is the Tooned version of Ivy, as I posted before with the colored version i did myself a while back. Just changed some minor details and reversed her pose. Seem to spend way too much time thinking about the project as a whole, and never really do anything with it. All details are prett sketchy at best. hopefully I can get everything together soon and sit down to work on it.

But for now, I'll just deal with doing the cahracter designs.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 12:15 am   Permalink

Started this last night, and managed to finish it a little while ago. Concept for the characters costume when she's out....uhhhh....Killing people. An assassins gotta do, what an assassin's gotta do to make a buck or 2. Thought the Skull in front would look cool as hell when she's emerging from the shadows, that that's the first thing one might see. gives the Whole "Impending Death" motif a purpose.

More to come shortly.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 02:26 am   Permalink

And just one more for the night...for now at least. Jsut some tumbnails I've been wanting to get out onto paper.

TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-11 01:12 am   Permalink

Todays little romp in the sketchbook.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation