FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts project: pitcairn...finally done!! come see pics pg. 3!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
project: pitcairn...finally done!! come see pics pg. 3!!
Fugu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 07:16 am   Permalink

That looks fantastic! I can't wait to see the next round of progress pix.

View Profile of Fugu Send a personal message to Fugu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 1:12 pm   Permalink

man! that is incredible!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 1:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-01 13:12, suburbanpagan wrote:
man! that is incredible!

cool- thanks!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-17 5:56 pm   Permalink

whew!!!...been chippin away at this lately......here is the back of the chair finished!!! except for the 2 tiki torches which will be added last....it's gettin close!!

The base is also finished...all i have left is the seat upholstery and the seat itself needs to be painted yet.....i should have this thing pretty much wrapped up by the end of next week!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-17 6:47 pm   Permalink

Holy mackeral! That's flippin' incredible! * I noticed that I already called it incredible earlier...that is a disservice to your piece not to add a different word! Flippin' Astounding!

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-05-17 19:08 ]

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwampCreature
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-17 9:04 pm   Permalink

I hate you. I love you, but I hate you. I want. Too cool.

View Profile of SwampCreature Send a personal message to SwampCreature      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 08:29 am   Permalink

thanks for all the kind words!! i hope to have this bastard wrapped up by friday...till then,....

NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 09:59 am   Permalink

Man TM, That sign-chair is kick ass!!!

Just let us know how much it's gonna cost to sit on it...

Killer job yer doing!!!

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 11:12 am   Permalink

Tipsy, it looks great, I love the fact you did something out of the norm, Very different, very cool!!! great job

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 11:16 am   Permalink

Lookin' good. Can't wait to get it in the gallery. I'll have to make a "Don Not Sit" sign for it for all the lazy drunks!!

View Profile of DaTiki Send a personal message to DaTiki  Email DaTiki Goto the website of DaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 3:28 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2007-05-24 11:16, DaTiki wrote:
Lookin' good. Can't wait to get it in the gallery. I'll have to make a "Don Not Sit" sign for it for all the lazy drunks!!

[/quote

..not to worry...i'm buildin some simple bamboo and rope poles to keep folks from doin' just that!!

insanetikiers
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-24 4:39 pm   Permalink

I want it!!!That's awesome!

View Profile of insanetikiers Send a personal message to insanetikiers  Email insanetikiers     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 08:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-24 16:39, insanetikiers wrote:
I want it!!!That's awesome!

...thanks!!

..i'll have the tiki torches finished this weekend...except for the flames..that's gonna take a little more time....upholstery is all done...just putting the finish coats of paint on all the parts...hope to assemble the seat by early next week.

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 9:02 pm   Permalink

well.....it's finally done!!

..almost...just gotta attach the Letters "pitcairn" and attach the upholstered seat to the main seat base and it's done, but basically, this is what it looks like......it was quite the challenge and adventure putting it all together.....hope ya like it.!! I gotta give a big shout out to my friend pariarts paul and company for providing the means to get all the lettering done.....it really makes the piece!! thanks!!

You can see it up close at the DVA Galleries Tiki Show this June.
www.dvagallery.com

Okay..next thing i have to finish this week is the islander sign....till then, enjoy!!

here's a close -up of the torches faux "neon".....the real sign had 2 sets of neon tubes..one yellow and one orange that would blink on and off to simulate flickering torches.... I mimicked it here using painted wire.

T1K1 LEE
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-04 9:42 pm   Permalink

Dude that is something special. Whats next. I am waiting to here. Scale and proportion's are right on. A "TIKI 10" on this one.

View Profile of T1K1 LEE Send a personal message to T1K1 LEE  Email T1K1 LEE Goto the website of T1K1 LEE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation