FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts project: pitcairn...finally done!! come see pics pg. 3!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
project: pitcairn...finally done!! come see pics pg. 3!!
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 10:57 pm   Permalink

That is sooooo original and good!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 06:37 am   Permalink

Wow, I am impressed. This turned out beautifully.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 11:02 am   Permalink

That looks so cool. What a great piece, you should be proud.

Mrs Hoptiki

View Profile of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki Send a personal message to Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki  Goto the website of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 6:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the kind words folks!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 7:55 pm   Permalink

Yo Tipsy!!!! What R these Chairs runnin? $$$$$ ? This one is a Beauty. Cant wait to see the rest, as they come out!! We'll see U this June, Bro!! fBalls

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 7:58 pm   Permalink

Wow, nice work! That's a fantastic piece of creativity, thanks for posting the pictures!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-05 8:52 pm   Permalink

That is definitely amazing....so kitschy and nostalgic. I love it.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 9:21 pm   Permalink

Tipsy - Your stuff is great. You've got some serious creative tiki mojo.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 11:11 am   Permalink

thanks again, !! it was great to share the unfolding of this with you all....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 11:16 am   Permalink

Looks great! But is it comfortable?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 1:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-06 11:16, finkdaddy wrote:
Looks great! But is it comfortable?

it ain't exactly a bed of nails!!....it's no more or less comfortable than any other chair you may have in your house....it's an art piece, and though it is quite functional as far as a chair goes, i wouldn't want to use it in place of you favorite chair in the house as the wear and tear over time will reduce it from artwork to "needs work" in a short time and at what this will be selling for in the gallery, you wouldn't want to place it in harms way....

Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-06 3:12 pm   Permalink

Gotta tell ya. that is too kool for skool. Are you trying to start a new religion with that shrine. Amazing.!

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 3:52 pm   Permalink

I see it says hotel and motel. Which one was it? Hotel, motel, you sure wouldn't want to do a Holiday Inn (Sign)

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 4:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-06 15:52, teaKEY wrote:
I see it says hotel and motel. Which one was it? Hotel, motel, you sure wouldn't want to do a Holiday Inn (Sign)

actually, funny you should mention it...i do plan building a holiday inn sign...it was one of my favorites from childhood. I'm even gonna duplicate the running lites and the starburst lite movement via an electronic chip board with led's..i have a friend that builds and designs arcade games for his own company...he's gonna jump on board and do some electronics for these.....I may even redo the pitcairn as a wall hanging sign which lights up and will actually have the torches neon flicker using the same technology.

..as for the motel and hotel part...kinda weird....my guess is that the original hotel sign was there from the begining and that there was something else in place of the motel part....i suspect it may have containd the name of the lounge in the hotel and once closed, there was no need to advertise it so they probably slapped the word motel up there in place of it, thus the sign has both....this is just a guess though.....

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-06-06 16:10 ]

Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 05:42 am   Permalink

Tipsy, you have a handle on that retro/modern design.......absolutely fabulous design!.....rooms by the hour?.....I wouldn't want to sit on it as ya can't see it then....soon you can open your own chain of chairs

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation