FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts updated!! 4-13-18!!! Page 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
updated!! 4-13-18!!! Page 22
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-24 12:02 pm   Permalink

SWEET! I love your sense of color and lighting! Very dramatic! .................and very mysterious!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-25 11:01 am   Permalink

Thanks a lot TSA! Once again, I am humbled! I think that working backgrounds in animation for many years has affected my palette to an extent. And just because I just can't let things go, here is another update of my "Mystery Island" painting! I really need to walk away from this one and revisit it later! I'm like fricken' George Lucas! I can't keep my hands off my older pieces! I'm always tweaking or fixing something! The digital age is a blessing and a curse! haha!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WideWorldofExotica?ref=seller-platform-mcnav
www.thetackytiki.com

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hawaiiansnowball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-25 2:00 pm   Permalink

very very nice!

View Profile of hawaiiansnowball Send a personal message to hawaiiansnowball  Email hawaiiansnowball     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 1:31 pm   Permalink

OK, even I am getting tired of this one........but I am obsessed!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 2:08 pm   Permalink

I like it! ALOT! The smoke on the front volcano looks much more realistic now. Now try the one on the right. Maybe you could use a less heavy spray brush or maybe just change the weight of it.

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 2:14 pm   Permalink

Wowza!!! You are crankin' out some A-1 creative sauce their Suburbz! Very moody and hypnotical. Way diggin what you are put down on the canvas cuzzin!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 4:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks tikitammy! This piece has evolved quite a bit and I'm sure it will keep on taking me down a road of discovery!
CHONGOLIO! If not but for your Coconut Wired and Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge, I would not be so inspired in my late night creative sessions! Gets me in an exotica mood that helps transport me to these places! Your art has been most ripping Chongo bruddah! Here's an update of one I posted recently but felt it really lacked some visual interest so I had to have another go at it! I'll be adding some flora as well.

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-04-26 16:49 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 4:55 pm   Permalink

Really nice! It's all about the lighting baby!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-28 10:47 pm   Permalink

Luv'n the work SP. Your looser style works great. I always admire those who can capture the essence of an image with everything that need to be said and leaves the rest of the story to the imagination. An ability I have yet to arrive at. Great lighting , as said prior. and Lee Marvin, well there there's no denying the dude's credentials. 'The ultimate mans man' especially in those old war movies. nice work , More power to ya.

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 07:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-26 13:31, suburbanpagan wrote:

OK, even I am getting tired of this one........but I am obsessed!

Then may I suggest to finish this painting you take it to the next stage, I think Tiki Shark Art is on the right ground when they said..

Quote:

It's all about the lighting baby!

Have a look at this August Holland Print that was recently sold on ebay
HERE and then this DIY project HEREand i think you can work out how you can finish that image.

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2007-04-29 07:54 ]

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 1:08 pm   Permalink

Limey! Coming from a master such as yourself, I am filled with gratitude! I love to work quickly and I dig it when the paint strokes do the work for me! I find that a quick approach works best for me...almost a zen "first thought, best thought" approach. It is evident in the piece that is not working as well as I'd like: the overworked mysterious island painting. I was telling Kirby that it is now really a dropcloth for ideas and a testing ground for compostional concepts and rendering techniques, so I am learning much more about how I want to my pieces to speak for me! Thanks again!
Atomictonytiki: thanks for the reference! That is an awesome piece and I'm glad you relate it with my style! Not sure if will help me to wrap things up or open a whole new can of inspirational artistic worms! (I'm hoping for the latter!)

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WideWorldofExotica?ref=seller-platform-mcnav
www.thetackytiki.com

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 10:44 pm   Permalink

That's a fine piece! I'm especially into the way you painted the sky there. It's all top notch, but the look of the sky is something I really admire. It really has a retro feel to it.... Very cool!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 01:45 am   Permalink

Hey Sam! Thanks! I really dig the illustation style of the period so I'm glad it's reflecting here and there in my stuff! Glad you like!

"A Momentary Lapse by the Fountain"

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-05-01 01:49 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 02:23 am   Permalink

I like this one a lot too!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 08:26 am   Permalink

i don't think you can create a bad piece!
Wonderful!
The lighting,stone wall texture,and especially the water! Very nice pallettes too!
Keep up the good work! Where in SoCal do you live?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation