FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts updated!! 4-13-18!!! Page 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
updated!! 4-13-18!!! Page 22
Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 10:44 am   Permalink

Aloha Pagan, I just love your art. Creating tiki to me is a lot about creating the atmosphere (there, I stole the word too, ha ha). Your style nails it! Keep up the fantastic work.

Mrs Hoptiki

View Profile of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki Send a personal message to Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki  Goto the website of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 2:54 pm   Permalink

Suburban-Heathen,

I DIG the "Lapse" painting! Reminds me of those white fountains at some apartment bldg's in "The Book". I like how u handled the luminescent water too.

S
T

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 4:07 pm   Permalink

The fact that we can only see part of the fountain only makes this scene all the more intriguing.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-04 10:14 am   Permalink

TSA: Thanks again! I think that last one is one of my favorites!
LLT: I am currently residing on the big island of Moorpark here in Ventura County!
Mrs BPHoptiki: Thanks for digging the atmosphere! That's what I'm all about! (hopefully!)
ST: Wow! A reference to "the Book!" I am truly honored! That is quite a compliment! Thanks!
KC: I'm glad you like the point of view! I wanted it to feel like a rum soaked moment when you may take notice of something and space out on it for a moment!

This is a real loose goose right now. Very sketchy but I wanted to show my weird process a bit. I like to throw color down in big strokes and then choose the areas that need refining. This piece still has some refining to do!

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-05-04 10:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-05-06 01:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-05-06 13:31 ]

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 1:31 pm   Permalink

Muted color palette and a different focus of interest! Ahhhhhhh.......exotica! Take me away! It's starting to work much better for me now.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WideWorldofExotica?ref=seller-platform-mcnav
www.thetackytiki.com

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 1:56 pm   Permalink

Bravo!
Great new Colorway! And the point of interest not only shifts closer to the viewer,it also invites the viewer into the painting.I love the brushy style as well! Total old paperback rendering while deriving subject matter from album covers! Great work! Keep 'em coming!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 12:17 pm   Permalink

LLT-Thanks for the killer references! Pulp AND album covers! Hot damn! Did Jackie Gleason ever do a tropical album? I'd love to do a cover for that! I totally agrre that the color shift and focus of attention brings the viewer in a lot better now. Still, it seemed a bit off and needed a little balance so...round 3! So I like volcanoes! Wha?

www.thetackytiki.com

greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 4:46 pm   Permalink

awesome! who doesn't like volcanoes? your stuff totally inspires, SP. thanks to you, i'm off to begin another session.

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 11:48 am   Permalink

To know that I have inspired a round o' paintin' is the coolest feeling! Thanks GTP!

Mystery Fountain
Once again, I began it on canvas and continued it digitally. I posted this before a while ago in it's canvas stage but it had a lot of unrealized parts to it!

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-05-16 12:37 ]

Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 12:54 pm   Permalink

REally nice!
Soooo you paint on canvas, then scan it in, and work on it in photoshop? Wow, what a cool effect! Then, you can create prints, even giclee form it! I LOVE those rum soaked moments! Your work is all bout that sense of mystery! Looking GREAT! I think the muted colors are really nice!

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 1:04 pm   Permalink

Someone appears to be using my account to post things. At least they are posting nice things though.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 2:32 pm   Permalink

Really? Yikes! Time for a new password! Ditto on the nice comments though.....weird!

www.thetackytiki.com

Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 4:17 pm   Permalink

Apparently it was Tiki Shark Art that somehow got his post posed under my name. Hey, I couldn't think of a nicer guy to get my wires crossed with.

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 6:54 pm   Permalink

I like this stuff.
Very elemental. Good vibe.

Thanks for posting it.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-17 07:17 am   Permalink

Excellent stuff SP, I really like the light in the volcano one. Both of these last 2 are very moody. I'm diggin' 'em!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation