FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts updated!! 4-13-18!!! Page 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
updated!! 4-13-18!!! Page 22
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 8:44 pm   Permalink

Very Nice! You're batting 100 mr.pagan!
Now quit painting and get to band practice!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 11:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-04 19:42, kctiki wrote:
I have to say your work meets my personal acid test for great music/writing/art - when the piece takes you by the hand and pulls you into another time, place & dimension. Looking forward to when prints are available.

takes you by the hand, hmmmmmm, acid test??

Quote:

On 2007-06-04 20:44, little lost tiki wrote:
Very Nice! You're batting 100 mr.pagan!
Now quit painting and get to band practice!

band practice? acid? takes you by the hand??? hmmmmmmm...

Inna gadda da vida teekee, oh won't you come with me-hee-he and take my hand , oh won't you come with me-hee-he to exotic lands, pleez take my haaa-aaand. BOW bow bow......

Cool tiki, it's gonna be another exotic moody painting...

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-06-04 23:07 ]

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 11:29 pm   Permalink

Welllllllll..........I did happen to go to the Cavern Club in Hollywood a few times back in the day.....and I did happen to be seduced by the dark side of garage/psyche.....................and I did own an album by Plasticland..............ok I owned three albums by Plasticland...........and I do own a Voxx teardrop Wyman bass with a belt buckle guard! But besides that, I ain't saying nuttin'! This image is dedicated to none other than our very own DJ Lee Joseph!

By the way, thank you kctiki so much for the coolest compliment! Wow! That made me feel great to know that my stuff has been able to connect to you on that level! That's what I want my art to do! Made my day! Press check on Thursday! Finally getting my act together! Thanks for the interest!

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-06-05 23:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-06-05 23:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-06-05 23:57 ]

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 11:35 pm   Permalink

I thought for a second I was high or something...that is freakin hilarious! Without the glasses you'd think it's an homage to V for Vendetta! Hahahaha!

Love it tho!

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 11:43 pm   Permalink

FUCKING HILARIOUS!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 12:04 pm   Permalink

So this is where the sketch is headed. I picture him off to the side of the entrance to a club. Still tweaking some of the rendering ( I mean look at those undefined masses that are supposed to be feet!) but the flavor is there I think!

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-06-06 12:05 ]

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 10:18 am   Permalink

Yesterday, I did a press check and am happy to say that I will be producing limited edition, signed and numbered giclee prints on acid free vellum using 120 year inks. These images will vary in size depending on their respective proportions but will have a consistent long side of 10 inches with 2 inches of white border all around for more flexibility in matting and framing. I believe this a good size for most home tiki bars and lounges..not too big, not too small! I am currently setting up some buttons on my website, www.thetackytiki.com, to offer some of my artist's proofs that I currently have. Production will be ongoing but I want to build a little inventory before offering the numbered sets because I hate to wait for stuff I order and I'm sure you do too! Anyhow, I should have the artist's proofs buttons up and running by tonight!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WideWorldofExotica?ref=seller-platform-mcnav
www.thetackytiki.com

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 10:34 am   Permalink

Very cool, suburbanpagan! I absolutely love the 60's kitsch value to this painting!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 11:25 am   Permalink

That tiki is looking swell. I like the rock walls in your paintings, very midcentury mood enhancing...

ST

DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 3:00 pm   Permalink

Hi
This is quite an honor really! For those of you who don't know...this was inspired by a 20+ year old pic of me playing in a band that was way into the '66 garage punk thing, called The Unclaimed. Don't think much about those days anymore but put this pic on Myspace and was quite happy when Kevin G the Tacky Tiki sent over a jpeg...
Thanks so much Kevin! Hope to see you at Tiki Oasis or sooner! Here's the original pic -

best
Lee
www/myspace.com/leejoseph

Quote:

On 2007-06-05 23:29, suburbanpagan wrote:

Welllllllll..........I did happen to go to the Cavern Club in Hollywood a few times back in the day.....and I did happen to be seduced by the dark side of garage/psyche.....................and I did own an album by Plasticland..............ok I owned three albums by Plasticland...........and I do own a Voxx teardrop Wyman bass with a belt buckle guard! But besides that, I ain't saying nuttin'! This image is dedicated to none other than our very own DJ Lee Joseph!

By the way, thank you kctiki so much for the coolest compliment! Wow! That made me feel great to know that my stuff has been able to connect to you on that level! That's what I want my art to do! Made my day! Press check on Thursday! Finally getting my act together! Thanks for the interest!

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-06-05 23:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-06-05 23:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: suburbanpagan 2007-06-05 23:57 ]

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 11:13 pm   Permalink

Pagan, you are so hitting it with those colors! Sure, undefined lumps, but with such dimension!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 3:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks everybody! I like to think I'm a kitschy kinda guy and I does love the lava rock! Just somethin' about that texture mixed with complementary color malibu lights makes me feel at peace! I am happy to say that I have completed my programming on my website to now offer numbered series giclee prints or artist's proofs giclee prints on archival artist's vellum on 6 pieces that I have selected. The artist's proofs are limited in number. That's all for now!
www.thetackytiki.com

www.thetackytiki.com

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 8:31 pm   Permalink

Right on Kevvy! You are the master of mood lighting! Would love to attend a whole show with all of these!!! Great foresight with the prints! Your latest painting also reminds me of the lead singer of Electric Peace! Rockin!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2007-06-12 08:21 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
La Esquina Del Tiki!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-12 07:50 am   Permalink

Just ordered "The Watcher" artist's proof.

Thanks Pagan!

Chris

View Profile of La Esquina Del Tiki! Send a personal message to La Esquina Del Tiki!  Email La Esquina Del Tiki! Goto the website of La Esquina Del Tiki!     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-12 12:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks La Esquina Del Tiki! I'm printing out your address label and will be mailing it in a few minutes! I think you'll be very happy with the print! Thanks again!

www.thetackytiki.com

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation