FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food The Bum is back in June!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Bum is back in June!
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-27 9:57 pm   Permalink

weeks away, can't wait to try new old recipes

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 11:00 pm   Permalink

OK - I'm done with waiting for Sippin' Safari, but the book is not even listed at Borders or Barnes and Noble. Is it going to have a very limited distribution? I know it's on Amazon, but I'm a bricks and mortar kind of guy - I want me hands on it!

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-02 2:35 pm   Permalink

I ordered some from Slave Labor Publishing.

So those in the Alameda,Ca can put in a request for one . If they want . I'll give

them a call when they show up at my store.

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-20 6:45 pm   Permalink

Got my copy in the mail today.
Absolutely phenominal. Beautifully shot! Have just read a couple of pages, the Beachbum has really upped the anty with this one. Now to start trying out the new recipes.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 06:39 am   Permalink

Got mine yesterday too. Wow. Just flipping through it is exciting! A whole new book idea for The Bum and I can't wait to start devouring the words!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-06-21 06:53 am   Permalink

Mine arrived yesterday, too! Plus Tiki Road Trip II arrived Monday...what a week!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Hunter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-21 12:42 pm   Permalink

I got my copy Yesterday and it jumps from page 104 to 121. Anybody else have a copy that's missing pages?

View Profile of Rum Hunter Send a personal message to Rum Hunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 12:55 pm   Permalink

Page 105-120 is in my copy.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Hunter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-21 2:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks Swanky. I emailed SLG Publishing and hope they send me a complete copy.

View Profile of Rum Hunter Send a personal message to Rum Hunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 06:14 am   Permalink

Started reading last night and I love it. The Bum tells it straight. Very refreshing.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

keola
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-23 8:44 pm   Permalink

What a great book! I just finished it. Haven't tried any of the new drinks yet, but the Bum notes that Trader Vic's passion fruit syrup stopped using real passion fruit as of printing time. Yikes!

View Profile of keola Send a personal message to keola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 02:07 am   Permalink

Still waiting for my copy to arrive but really look forward to it.

Quote:

On 2007-06-23 20:44, keola wrote:
Haven't tried any of the new drinks yet, but the Bum notes that Trader Vic's passion fruit syrup stopped using real passion fruit as of printing time. Yikes!

Fortunately Monin still uses real passion fruit in their syrup.

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation