FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Forbidden Island One Year Anniversary Party April 22nd, 2007! *Details Pg 1*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Forbidden Island One Year Anniversary Party April 22nd, 2007! *Details Pg 1*
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-20 4:03 pm   Permalink

I just realized that this is happening on Sunday and not Saturday. That would have been one long ass wait in line...

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-20 8:56 pm   Permalink

Last year the back yard sale event was so much fun because of all the people that we met that we have taken Monday off so we can stay later and have even more fun. See you there, Dan and Wendy

We are in issue two of Pocketiki and Trader Jim did a great job us writing us up even if he did call me Bloody Wendy because I have beat him in eBay auctions.

Hey David and Eva we will be seeing you.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-20 11:07 pm   Permalink

Just finished opening, unpacking, inspecting, pricing and repacking the 100 new items we received this morning for the Forbidden Island Anniversary!

Here's one of the cool new lamps that we have!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-21 10:59 am   Permalink

AS THROUGH THIS COULDN'T GET ANY BETTER!!

FedEx just showed up with a HUGE box from HAWAII!

Yes, our GECKO items arrived just in time!

Now all I ask is for the rain to stop by 11 AM tomorrow and I'll be one happy Mojo!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nytshaed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-22 08:55 am   Permalink

Good morning Tiki Fans. It's nearly 9 am and there are four of us in line!! Come on down, tis sunny and chilly.

Nytshaed

View Profile of Nytshaed Send a personal message to Nytshaed  Email Nytshaed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 09:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-22 08:55, Nytshaed wrote:
Good morning Tiki Fans. It's nearly 9 am and there are four of us in line!! Come on down, tis sunny and chilly.

Nytshaed

MORE POWER TO THE DIE HARDS!!!
The Tiki Gods have smiled upon you and halted the rain and parted the clouds.... until later!

TIKI HUNTER will arrive fairly promptly at HIGH NOON to set up.
Can't wait to see you there.
Dr.TikiMojo

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 4:56 pm   Permalink

It's nearly 9 am and there are four of us in line

Don't all rush in at once. Pics anyone anyone.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-22 7:03 pm   Permalink

Had a great time today. The munktiki mug looks even better in person.

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-22 8:31 pm   Permalink

A good time was had be one and all....good food, good drink, good merchandise, good friends.....good gawd ya'll it was fun. Yee Haw....I got mug #12.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-22 9:55 pm   Permalink

teaKey, We missed meeting you, I am so bummed. We were 27 and 28 in line, where were you?

It was so good to see Dr. Tiki MoJo and his wife Eva, Kingtiesdye and Sandy, Maria - CocoLoco, VampiressRn, Tiffany clear from Southern CA, Ken and his wife and JenTiki.

It was great fun to meet Guy - Aquaorama.

The Tiki Diablo and Minnies mugs have already found a new home in Dan's collection and he couldn't pass up a few more Forbidden Island tiki's too.

The National Government's Web Page for weather got it all wrong we never saw any rain.

We gave out quickly and are now home while I bet the party is still going strong. I hope they have the September garage sale and that we can go again.

I hope to see you all at our first Tiki Oasis this August, Cheers, Wendy and Dan

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 05:11 am   Permalink

What a great event...What a great place....What great friends (new and old)...Tom Petty got it all wrong when he said ''Waiting is the hardest part'''...The time flew by while visiting with so many wonderful people. Christopher and Patty and I held down the front of the line. Some of Alameda's locals made me feel right at home. Al and has tiki jeep sure put some energy into the crowd..What a mid-morning pick me up...and how about that weather...what a nice break for the ''line people''....It was a great event. Forbidden Island is such a great place. It has been done-up so right. Congratulations to everyone with a great anniversary party. Thayer our waitress was incredible and fun. Beth and I had so much to talk about on our way home. Thanks VampiressRN and TigerLilly for making the time together so enjoyable...and to all the usual suspects, it was so great seeing everyone..........damm... now back to reality and work....Did someone say something about having mugs available for this event!!!!!!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 07:51 am   Permalink

Sorry I wasn't able to make it; between the weather and the "patient", I had my weekend filled up. Sounds like everyone had a great time. Sorry to miss you all. Bring on the pictures!!!

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 09:30 am   Permalink

OMG, what a great event. Martin, Michael, Mano, and wives really know how to throw a party. The day started off with over 150 people in line waiting to get in before the doors even opened. The place inside and entire back area was packed. And the people kept flowing in. The crowd was awesome and really in support of FI.

The music lineup was...well there'd be a line to see any one of the bands playing. Let alone all of them in the same day! The Taco truck food was off the hizzy good, vendors had great stuff. It was very fun working the mai tai bar with the midnights and humuhumu.

It was a great day, good seeing friends old and new...party ended at 12:30 am or so on a school night. Tiki Diablo, Stephanie so good to see ya. Sorry we didn't get more time to visit. Soccer Tiki, Wahoo, Cheekygirl, and Tigerlilly, so good to see ya again! Sactown ohana came in force. Chongo, DH, and TK, and all the usual suspects, so nice to see everyone. Unga, Al, Myke, we missed ya. Was TeaKEY there?! Also missed visiting the TC ohana who couldn't get in like Hulahula. I'm hung over and at work this morning bright and early. Congratulations to Forbidden Island and thanks for a great event. Tons of pics to post later.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 11:33 am   Permalink

Dang that was fun! Don't believe me? see for yourself:

The Masters of Ceremony

Drinkin' from the Hoopty Bowl or Chongolio must comb his hair with rocks.

Humu's radish and paper parasol tiara

Coco Loco does the PU dance.

Soccer, Cheeky, Sephanie and Tigerlilly coolin' their heels.

Cleen shows the The Drunken Hat and Jungle Trader her gun collection

They let just about anyone in, dorks included!

The Atomic Lounge Show

Big Trouble wears little hats. Tofu Joe, Notch and JT (and hatless Mrs. Diablo)

Mai Tai get his snack on

The smilin' faces of Atomickitty and Adam

You rang?

If your going to Al-a-meda, be sure to put a flower in your hat.

Ladies and gentlemen...
MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY

Mel & Shecky Shekels showing off their chutzpah

The Forbidden Island. The place where geflite fish meets puffer fish

Thanks to Martin, Mano, Mike, Thayer, and everybody else who lent a hand and showed up to make this a party to remember. I am so stoked I was able to make it up for this bash! I had a fantastic time!

UPDATE
I just added all my pics to a slideshow on my blog Check 'um all out

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio 2007-04-23 16:27 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 11:57 am   Permalink

Thanks for the Pics Chongolio.

I really wanted to be there, But the Tiki Money gods did not smile upon me for that.

I was at the Junk Yard with Ran(Kick the Reverb) on Sun. When Cheeky Girl called to report on Meshuggah Beach party (aka rub it in that I wasn't there).

Looks like a fantastic event.
I will get there one day.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation