FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Forbidden Island One Year Anniversary Party April 22nd, 2007! *Details Pg 1*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Forbidden Island One Year Anniversary Party April 22nd, 2007! *Details Pg 1*
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-04-23 1:14 pm   Permalink

Chongolio,
Thanks for posting the pictures and for posting them within 12 hours of last call I'll buy you a drink this weekend.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 1:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-23 11:57, bigtikidude wrote:
Thanks for the Pics Chongolio.

I really wanted to be there, But the Tiki Money gods did not smile upon me for that.

I was at the Junk Yard with Ran(Kick the Reverb) on Sun.

So you could say that the money gods litteraly threw a monkey wrench into your plans. Too bad they didn't throw a breaker bar and some WD40, as I didn't bring them.
The pics look great, wish we could have been there...

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 2:01 pm   Permalink

That was so, so fun. What an amazing turnout -- the place was jampacked with so many friendly faces, some expected and some unexpected, and everyone having a fantastic time. Thank goodness the sun was out, it was beautiful, if a bit chilly. And thank goodness for the taco truck. Yum! I took a few pics, but they pretty much look exactly like some of Chongo's, except blurrier. So go back and look at his pics with your eyes slightly crossed if you really want to see my pics.

I missed meeting danlovestikis again! And I missed seeing VampiressRN! And I barely got to see Tiki Diablo & Stephanie, and all sorts of other fun folks who were there. How did that happen? I must get better at making the rounds, I guess.

Huge mahalos to midnite tiki and Coco Loco -- you made slinging Mai Tais so much fun. Especially for the folks in the zippy line!

I must admit, I got kinda misty-eyed while enjoying the beautiful sounds of the Maikai Gents, in the most perfect tiki setting, surrounded by so many fine people who have been such a beautiful part of my life for years now... I feel really lucky to have you all as my friends, and to have the most amazing hangout in Forbidden Island. Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo.

And happy anniversary to Forbidden Island!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 2:05 pm   Permalink

i'm sorry it's been so long since i've been in touch. i've been bummed out cuz i stupidly got my ebay account suspended, all the good stuff was arriving broken (rat fink from psycho tiki show: via us mail, tabou mugs: via fedex, and a giant gecko kilauea bowl: via ups!), defending myself against a lawsuit, and a couple of health issues (nothing too serious). anyways, sandy and i went to forbidden island yesterday and had a great time. it was really good for me to see friends like bill and cocoloco, jungle trader, guy aquaorama, moondog and beth, dan and wendy and of course ol' sawbones tiki mojo and the delightful eva. it was also a pleasure to talk with jack, mark, tiki al, notch, soccertiki, stephanie g, and the nice people who sat right behind me in line whose names i can't remember. it brought a happiness i hadn't felt for awhile. i'd also like to apologize to freddieballsomic, pdrake, jonesEy, teaKEY, and johnny p for slacking on my replies. i'll rectify things in the next 24 hrs. mahalo to my tc ohana, bullet

[ This Message was edited by: kingstiedye 2007-04-23 14:42 ]

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 2:29 pm   Permalink

He's Back!!!!!

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 2:33 pm   Permalink

Our Forbidden Island day started off to a rocky start as we came out to our car that we packed the night before and found ourselves with a flat tire and a nail in it.
So we press on....pump it up and get going...we were still setting things out as the crowds poured in!

But the Tiki Gods had smiled upon us that day and NO RAIN was one thing that made the entire event that much more enjoyable!

Chongolio stops buy to see if we're selling any of his stuff from the Chongolio Yard Sale a few weeks ago!

We missed almost all the music since the bands were indoors to capacity crowds....around 7 PM we started packing up but we got blocked in the parking lot so we stuck around for the Mai Kai Gents show which is always a crowd pleaser!

Is that Martin SINGING with the Mai Kai Gents?

There was a lot of LOVE in the room that night...everyone was having a great time!

OK, maybe TOO MUCH love....what's up guys?

Capacity Crowds and loving every minute of it!

And the band played on!

Look out it's THE HAWAIIAN DRINKING SONG!!!

BOTTOMS UP he calls!

Mai Tai listens with AUTHORITY as he pounds downs his drink and then SLAMS his cup to the floor.....good thing it was a plastic cup and not a FUGU Mug!

and after 12 hours of drinking and partying we all began to see double and feel a little faded!

THANKS TO EVERYONE AT FORBIDDEN ISLAND THAT MADE THIS FANTASTIC DAY, (and night), OF FUN POSSIBLE!! LET'S DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-04-23 3:10 pm   Permalink

BEST

WEEKEND

EVER!

CHRIST ON A CRUTCH!

Pictures soon.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 3:57 pm   Permalink

Okay, all night long, all I keep feeling was wave after wave of generosity from everyone who stopped in.

Generosity in patience, in support, and in downright sappy love. Every face I looked into was smiling back and happy to be there. I felt appreciated - thanks for that.

And so my thanks back atcha! I really like my job!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 4:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-23 15:57, Haole'akamai wrote:
Okay, all night long, all I keep feeling was wave after wave of generosity from everyone who stopped in.

Generosity in patience, in support, and in downright sappy love. Every face I looked into was smiling back and happy to be there. I felt appreciated - thanks for that.

And so my thanks back atcha! I really like my job!

Madame Thayer,
It is often simply your presence that makes a visit to FI a special evening! You have been so warm and supportive to me in the past 10 months or so since I found the Island! Thank you for going beyond just doing your job to being a beautiful friendly port in a sometimes stormy existence! You embody the spirit of Forbidden Island and they're lucky to have you! Much Aloha to you!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-23 7:48 pm   Permalink

Great pics everyone...and have to agree....Thayer was dabomb....she kept us knee deep in food and drinks.....and all the time with a smile. I think I laughed too much (that moondog is a hoot) as I have no voice today. It was wonderful seeing eveyone and meeting more TCers in person. Will be sure to make this event again next year too.

Big kudos to moondog for getting up before the rest of the world, staving off the masses as the first in line, and snapping up booth for us. It is wonderful drinking inside those bamboo booths.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-23 8:14 pm   Permalink

Pictures tomorrow....Still recovering! Whatta great time!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-23 8:49 pm   Permalink

WoooHooooo! What a Celebration!!

The line to get a # for the mug and to get in wrapped all the way around the corner

Tigerlily, SoccerTiki, & Vampiress RN

Notch, Tiki Diablo, & SoccerTiki

CongaMike

JungleTrader & SoccerTiki

We Partied ALL Night Long

Some New TC Recruits

Cheekygirl & Chongolio

Tigerlily & SoccerTiki

The Mai Kai Gents rocked FI

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-23 8:58 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-04-23 21:00 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-23 8:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-06 22:22, MEAN GENE wrote:
I haven't had a chance to visit yet. Hope we can make it up.

I heard that my number is on the wall in the girl's bathroom?....

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-23 9:19 pm   Permalink

Wow! What a party! Too bad I forgot to drink water and eat something between the mai tais! I paid for that mistake all morning! I actually had friends drive me and my car home! Seems I missed all the indoor fun, but I had a great time hanging out back!

Thanks to Martin, Mike, and Mano (I think I'll call you the Three M-igos), and the staff and volunteers for a fun day and a great first year! Here's to many, many more! Here are my pics of the day.

The line to get in and to get the limited edition mug

TikiCleen and I sporting our original Paipo pendants

The Jab, Mrs. Midnite, and Jab's friend

The Jab and his friend, whose name I don't know

Martiki, the host with the most, and Notch, mug designer extraordinaire

The ultimate hostess, Haole'akamai

I don't know who this is, but I love her dress and little coconut bag, so I took a pic

Midnite and The Jab discuss the finer points of Mai Tais from a dispenser

The party in full swing under the tent out back

FI regulars Chris and Maria enjoying the festivities

SoccerTiki double fists his $6 mai tais

Will the Thrill, Chongolio, and CongaDenise are all smiles

The Midnites enjoy the mai tai pouring tips

DrunkenHat points out the high price of Chongolio's airfare to Hawaii

And Chongolio decides to drink his worries away

Notch, Stephanie, and TikiDiablo sit among the Jungle Trader tikis

Jungle Trader shows off his latest acquisition from New Zealand

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation