FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Shamelessly watching....DWTS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Shamelessly watching....DWTS
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-01 9:32 pm   Permalink

I hope Samantha stays on maternity leave for a very, very long time! Drew is a much more entertaining host!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-01 10:03 pm   Permalink

Melanie...seemed more traditional, she will hang in another week

Mark...I think he is destined for the "outta here" prize.

Wayne...still stiff in the hips, but lots of energy, plus great song..he will hang for another couple of weeks.

Marie...she did much better and I liked her energy.

Albert...very traditional nothing too exciting this week.

Helio...is the bomb...I think he is going to take this competition, just sorry I missed seeing him dance last week.

Jenny...what a bummer about the fall...that has gotta be so upsetting...but think she will stay for one more week.

Cameron...did well..but he was stiff and he is such a cutie...boy that dress of Edyta's was a knockout....loved the song.

Floyd...seems stiff but has good footwork.

Jane...did a nice job...boy the male judges sure put her down..thank goodness there is a gal on the board...she looks so cute in that outfit...she is such a beautiful woman.

Sabrina...she definitely got rid of the hip hop and did a damned good job...I think she is serious competition for Helios.

See ya tomorrow night.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 12:20 am   Permalink

Melanie did a great job reining in the fire for this dance! I expect she'll be around for quite a while.

Mark gets the prize for the most surprisingly improved male. He looked much less "stompy" than last week, and without the facial hair he looked about 20 years younger.

Wayne...poor Wayne. I really had high hopes for him, but he blew it this week! He really oughta be able to relax with all his performing experience, but he just can't seem to loosen up enough to enjoy himself. And he gets the "most obvious lipsynching" prize this week.

Marie kicked ass compared to last week. I really hope the public lets her stick around for a while. It was nice to see the brothers in the audience too.

Albert... eh... boring.

Helio is a natural. He really did look like a pro. And it's great that he really looks like he's having fun rather than concentrating.

Jenny is destined to end her journey early. I don't think she's emotionally equipped to handle the pressure, and the fall was a sad exclamation point on a painful performance. She just seemed so stiff and stressed out through the whole dance.

Cameron did well this week. I'm glad his hips have loosened up some. I think he has at least a few more weeks in him.

Floyd still seemed pretty "hunchy" to me. I just really don't enjoy his dancing.

Jane was definitely too uppity for a Latin dance! And what was her face doing?!? I only give her a couple more weeks.

Sabrina...there's something about that girl that annoys me, but I just can't put my finger on it. I expect she'll get to stay a while, but I don't think she'll be in the final two.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 7:46 pm   Permalink

Forgot to post my thoughts:

Mel B: She had great head snaps. Great choreography, with nice fast/slow combos. Her bounce was kinda up, which caused her to not look as smooth through the runs.

Marc: He showed no musicality, no syncopation. I didn't see any connection and he and his partner had bad lines. His partner had to back lead everything. Did much better with the face, and like Jen said, he looks tons better clean shaven.

Wayne: Yipes! Biggest train wreck since Master P. As slow as he was and, still, I saw no foot work. Choreography was ridiculously simple. She had no confidence in him, and I wouldn't either if he stepped on my toes. So sad. I wished and wished, as I watched, to make him miraculously better. Oh, he better hope he's got a strong fanbase if he wants to stick around.

Marie: Her musicality is tremendous. Her turns and swivels are way slow, but I still find her fun to watch.

Albert: The video of his grandma made ME cry. I wanted him to do better for her (and his grandad). Beyond being dull choreography, the music choice was at odds with the speed of the routine. He goofed his footwork on all the runs. His frame was collapsing from almost the start of the dance.

Helio: HOT lines, sharp and dramatic. Great flexibility. I wanted to see more actual steps, but I will not complain because he was so super solid. You could see he actually lead her!

Jenny: Her core was like Jello; you could see her partner had a rough time lugging her around the dance floor. She was in head so much she wasn't there to respond to him. Her footwork was reasonably fast though.

Cameron: He didn't grasp the complicated footwork, but he did have good hip action. Good frame, but his tension was way too high. Solid frame doesn't mean tight frame. And DAT BUTT! Smoking...

Floyd: Too bouncy. He needed to bounce into the floor and get out of the boxer frame (hunched shoulder) and into the dance frame (open chest). Really great energy, and I liked that he was working so hard because he doesn't want to let his partner down.

Jane: Weak leg movement and weird knee angles. Not hot, but very broadway. Still, I want to be able to wear a dress like that at 56.

Sabrina: Nearly flawless. Handled the fast complicated footwork with ease. But watching her was like hearing an engine stuck in a lower gear. The routine was overworking and I wanted to see the slow catches.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 7:47 pm   Permalink

And I think Marc will go tonight. Not because he was the poorest dancer (I hate to say it, but that honour went to Wayne), he just doesn't have enough people voting for him.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 10:09 pm   Permalink

Well, I'm sorta surprised that Albert is gone, but I guess it makes sense. Like one of the pros (I don't remember which one) said, nobody knew who he was before this. He has no fan base to support him. Wayne, on the other hand, has a ginormous fan base.

Oh, and yes, Cameron's butt ... rockin!

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-10-02 10:13 pm   Permalink

So long Albert whoever you are.

Dork!

I'm not happy that clunky Wayne is paired with Cheryl, because that means she won't be there all season.

Has Wayne Newton ever said No to a reality show? I honestly don't think so.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 10:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-02 22:13, Bora Boris wrote:
Has Wayne Newton ever said No to a reality show? I honestly don't think so.

You're probably right, but he did get a rockin' guest house out of his visit to "Design Star!"

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-02 10:21 pm   Permalink

Missed that show.

I think Albert looked surprised, but Wayne only got it due to popular vote. So sad about Jane's Mom passing on...it is good to hear that she will stay in the show in memory of her Mom. Hope she got to see how well Jane did on the show though.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-08 9:42 pm   Permalink

Another late night in the office, so just made it home in time to see the recap of all the dances. ARGH!!! Hard to tell how folks did, but after tomorrows cut it is going to get tougher.
Looking forward to what the rest of you thought of the dancing tonight.

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-10-08 9:47 pm   Permalink

I voted for Helio and Julianne Twice.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-10-09 10:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks a lot Wayne.

Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-10 12:48 am   Permalink

Family Guy is just soooooo much better.

Same for American Dad!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-10 01:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-10 00:48, Mai Tai wrote:
Family Guy is just soooooo much better.

Same for American Dad!

Family Guy! YES! I watched all of season #5 last night on dvd.. and the episode where Peter gets the finger in his ass!! now that's entertainment!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-10 05:15 am   Permalink

Good bye Wayne.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation