FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Shamelessly watching....DWTS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Shamelessly watching....DWTS
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-10 07:32 am   Permalink

Sniff...sniff... Aloha, Cheryl!

Danke Schoen, Wayne

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-10 09:47 am   Permalink

Did you see him on Kimmel last night? That man has no wrinkles. Wasn't sure if the state of surprise on his face was from the shock of being kicked off or the myriad of facelifts.....

I always liked "the idea" of Wayne Newton, but getting to know him better, through the miracle of reality TV, I'm starting to feel kinda creeped out by him.

Yes, poor Cheryl. Do you think she'll come back since they keep pairing her with obvious non-winners?

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-10 10:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-10 09:47, Haole'akamai wrote:
Did you see him on Kimmel last night? That man has no wrinkles. Wasn't sure if the state of surprise on his face was from the shock of being kicked off or the myriad of facelifts.....

Wayne's face has been weird for quite a while now. And it just keeps getting weirder. Way too many lifts!

Quote:

I always liked "the idea" of Wayne Newton, but getting to know him better, through the miracle of reality TV, I'm starting to feel kinda creeped out by him.

Yeah, another casualty of childhood fame. Has never really had a simple/real life, so he lives in his made-up dream of one.

I think America did the right thing this week. I do hope Cheryl comes back. She's a great dancer, but the producers are expecting her to perform miracles! I still can't figure out why Mark is still there. I thought he was saved last week because nobody knows who that model guy is. But It's hard to believe that Mark has more fan base than Floyd. Oh well. I must live in a bubble with no clue what real Americans are looking for.

Oh, and can I just say that I used to love, love, love Seal! Unfortunately, his first two albums were the only good ones. After that, his music got very boring and monotonous. Last night was a prime example. "Kiss from a Rose" was beautiful as always, but what kinda crap was that second song?! It makes me sad.

And while I'm on my soapbox ... Maksim is a pompous ass! Even when he was dancing with the other pro last night, he practically treated her as an accessory. He makes every dance, and every moment he has on camera, all about him! He did that last year too with Leila! Yuk! Unfortunately, they keep pairing him with good celebrities so we get stuck with his ego for the whole season!

Okay, I'm done. Next ...

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-10 1:10 pm   Permalink

We should all write to DWTS and tell them that for a change of pace next season, they should give us the lineup of stars and dancers in advance, then WE'LL vote online to determine who gets paired with whom.

Maybe we'll end up putting a couple of the girls together. Hee hee.
... Which would mean a couple of the guys would be stuck with each other as well.

And also, of course, we won't tune in at all if Cherl Burke is not among the dancers.

[ This Message was edited by: The Gnomon 2007-10-10 13:13 ]

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-10-12 6:50 pm   Permalink

So let me get this straight, Wayne Newton's face is weird but Seal's isn't?

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-13 01:27 am   Permalink

Sure, Seal's face is weird, but it's because of a childhood disease, rather than a desire to look like a child at the age of 60+. Seal's face has character, while Wayne just looks like one.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-10-13 09:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-13 01:27, JenTiki wrote:
Sure, Seal's face is weird, but it's because of a childhood disease, rather than a desire to look like a child at the age of 60+. Seal's face has character, while Wayne just looks like one.

Hmm so you're saying Show Business isn't a Childhood Disease?

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-13 5:40 pm   Permalink

I do think Wayne should now join the line up of future faces to appear on Nip/Tuck....Joan Rivers got her limelight for tight-skin goddess...bring on the men!!!

I would like to see someone like Tina Turner (she looks good in a wig) and Michael Douglas (his face isn't too tight yet) on a future DWTS show.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-10-13 17:42 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 11:38 pm   Permalink

In watching the results show tonight, I realised something.

Having Sabrina in the competition has ruined this season for me.If she ends up winning, it'll feel like the whole thing is more than a farce.

And it'll make me sad, like when Dracula won the Oscar for best costume design...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-10-17 05:56 am   Permalink

Wayne Newton's still not gonna be there every week is he?

Ian Ziering's not gonna be there every week is he?

The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-17 09:10 am   Permalink

If we lose Edyta, I'm changing channels.

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 10:54 am   Permalink

Damn DVR!!!! Didn't record it for some reason! Who was the former champion they said was gonna be on last night? Who were in the bottom two, and who went home? I feel so lost!!!

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 4:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-17 10:54, JenTiki wrote:
Damn DVR!!!! Didn't record it for some reason! Who was the former champion they said was gonna be on last night? Who were in the bottom two, and who went home? I feel so lost!!!

Former Champion: Nick Lechey (what's-her-face is back from popping out the baby - I wished she hadn't returned; I much prefer Nick to her)

Bottom Two: Floyd and Mel B

Went Home: Floyd

Sabrina so didn't deserve 10s.....

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 4:49 pm   Permalink

Wow! I'm seriously surprised that Mel B was in the bottom two! Where are all those Spice Girls fans when you finally need them?

Yeah, Sabrina was certainly not the best dance of the night, but I do think she was better than I expected. Plus, I really loved her dress!

And I should've asked this on my last message, but who was the musical guest this time?

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-10-17 6:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-17 16:49, JenTiki wrote:
And I should've asked this on my last message, but who was the musical guest this time?

Wayne Newton filling in for Gloria Estefan.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation