FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Shamelessly watching....DWTS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Shamelessly watching....DWTS
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-26 9:03 pm   Permalink

Max = good but not great...she looks fabulous though/hmmmmm too choppy

Marie = weak dance...she just annoys me...Ms Chatty Cathy/just sad...quite promoting your frikken dolls

Helio = very very cute and jive baby/damned good (got my online votes)

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-11-26 21:04 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-26 10:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-21 09:56, Haole'akamai wrote:
It's official, DwtS jumped the shark last night.

I stand corrected...

...I'm actually so appalled, I've logged onto the official DwtS message boards and posted there...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-27 09:22 am   Permalink

Since my girls are gone I've climbed back into the bottle. I hope next season they get some decent partners.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-11-27 10:54 am   Permalink

Whoever gets sent home Julianne, Mel or Marie they should be happy to know that I plan on putting my moves on all of them.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 2:09 pm   Permalink

Boris, I love you , but it's the finale; they are getting sent home this week...

I tell you DwtS had jumped the shark, just like when Sanjaya was kept in on American Idol. It's a hazard of the (voting) system; it's called "mediocrity of the middle".

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-27 2:20 pm   Permalink

Yeah...the popular vote should be parred down. Why do they give you 5 votes....that is just crazy. Marie is only where she is due to her peeps voting for her....come on...she is not that great. Jenny did imporve but she got by on the popular vote too.

We must exorcise the demons!!! I need that wine Gnoman...where did you find that. I presume it is a red.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-11-27 2:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-27 14:09, Haole'akamai wrote:
Boris, I love you , but it's the finale; they are getting sent home this week...

Oops you're right!!

Sorry.

What I meant to say was whoever comes in third place but since they're all going home tonight they're all on my list + I'm putting Carrie Ann Inaba on there too!

Hello!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 3:06 pm   Permalink

I know, hon. You love me, too; that's what allows me to rib you so.

I don't understand the 5 votes per person, either. Ah well, I just have to give up and admit it's a popularity, not DANCE, competition.

I was just so embarrassed for her fans; she was so ugly when she got snippy at everyone. Her behavior is unbecoming in a person of any age, but especially so coming from someone whose almost 50. She's delusional in being aghast that she received 7s for her freestyle. She should have knelt down and kissed their feet for such high marks. Her disrespect was appalling. You've got to hand it tor her, though. Even after that (those?) crazy ass routine(s) and her childish outbursts, her fans STILL support her.

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-11-27 3:14 pm   Permalink

It's weird, I think there must be some Mormon Law that they vote for her.

It's not very attractive when a 48 year old throws a tantrum in an embarrassing outfit.

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 3:52 pm   Permalink

True Confessions with JenTiki ...

I confess that I am a registered member of the Donny.com website. I know, I know! Let the ribbing begin!

The point is this ... I actually got an email last week from donny.com encouraging me to vote for Marie! It's not even her website! I was annoyed. Not annoyed enough to unregister myself and forgo my annual birthday message from Donny, but still annoyed!

Oh, and for you Donny & Marie fans, they will be appearing together in the Hollywood Theater at the MGM Grand Las Vegas next July for a week. But no way in heck am I gonna pay $95 ( ) just for a seat in the same theater where I can see Tom Jones for only $75! Tom's worth at least three of that pairing!

If Marie wins, I vow to boycott DwtS from here on out ... unless Donny or Tom Jones does it next year! Oh, and if Tom ever does Dwts, I pity his partner! I mean, he's hot and all, but that man does some serious sweating!!!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 4:57 pm   Permalink

You may be in luck: from the rumour mill: Donny is scheduled to dance on the season of DwtS. If DWTS isn't dead yet, It would be certain suicide.

And getting an email from donny.com is only the tip of the iceberg. Childrens Miracle Network has been sending out mass emails every week. The CEO was on some show this week, bragging about it, saying it's not against the rules.

Uh.... yeah, it's "not against the rules." How about inappropriate and unsportsmanlike? Kinda like their spokeswoman, though...

I think the reason why this has my ire up is that Marie doesn't have the dancing chops to back up the support. I mean, if she were even halfway on par with the other dancers, I wouldn't be so vehement.

I really have to get it through my thick skull that this isn't about dancing...

...fehh!

Honestly!Help me understand the draw. How you feel about Donny suddenly becoming a "dance expert" for the entertainment show? As someone who couldn't have cared a fig about any Osmond, I started feeling smothered by Osmond overexposure. Am I out of line seeing Marie's comments/attempts at dancing as embarrassing?

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-11-27 5:07 pm   Permalink

I agree it was fun for awhile but she's pulled out every trick in the book to stay, Fainting, Dad passing away and now that it's clear she should be gone she's being a snot.

If Donny is on next season that's fine as long as the show is off the air before they get to Jimmy.

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 5:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

If Donny is on next season that's fine as long as the show is off the air before they get to Jimmy.

OMG! I almost blew coffee out of my nose at work when I read that! Dude, somebody ought to pay you to be funny! Just the thought of Jimmy dancing is funnier than all the Tonga Hut threads put together!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 11:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-25 23:32, JenTiki wrote:
Helio may take this. He seems to be a natural dancer and has that latin passion to kick some arse on the latin dances!

Wow! I think I'm psychic! Or is that psychotic?

Either way

YYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 12:40 am   Permalink

Yeah, I'm glad. All is right with the world...

...for now.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation