FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Shamelessly watching....DWTS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Shamelessly watching....DWTS
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-30 04:55 am   Permalink

MRI indicates Cristian has a ruptured tendon in his biceps and will need surgery to repair it. Guess I will have to retract my "he is faking it" accusation.

Buh Bye Shannon.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-04-30 05:18 am   Permalink

Ya know Vamp I think you don't have to retract it because he took an ambulance to the hospital. Had he gotten a ride from someone I'd be a little more forgiving but an ambulance?

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 08:28 am   Permalink

Marissa in the bottom two?! UGH!!

I really dislike how the judges have picked thier "winner", already. If Kristy does wins this, I'm going to turn into one of those monkeys at the zoo and starting really flinging poo.....

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-06 05:46 am   Permalink

True BB....he is quite the drama queen...one word here...INSURANCE!!! And how about the showing of the MRI...they really had to do that to squelch the skeptics.

Carrie Ann was in a mood last night...she didn't seem to like anything.

The dancing was good. The popular vote will show up tonight.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-07 07:54 am   Permalink

Well, I was wrong about it coming down to Mario and Kristi. But Kristi is hanging on and has always (in skating) been a fierce competitor to the end. Aside from that I'm pleased that my girls are both still in it.

On the special show preceding the 100th show with eliminations, top ten of the past five seasons, I disagreed with the judges' choices in ranking. Once again political. All ten were the recipients of perfect 30's. I suppose to rank somone as top shelf and then see America turn around vote them out, made the judges want to tell America how stupid it is to not agree with them. I think that's why some of the highest of the top ten (including #1) were people who were eliminated in spite of the judges' glowing assessments. I'm not sure if Ellio was the best, but he could have been (definitely not the low rank of #5). He did that same routine twice in his competition and he nailed it both times.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-07 4:09 pm   Permalink

Missed it last night...but not surprised about Mario...he was inconsistent. I'm rootin' for Kristi!!!

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-05-07 6:06 pm   Permalink

I would like Kristi to win or even Cristian but only because Cheryl is his partner.
I think his torn muscle is this seasons equivalent to Marie Osmond's fainting - get a little sympathy, get some nice scores and then next week flushed down the toilet.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-18 09:59 am   Permalink

Well it was Syonara Marissa...this week should be good.

The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-18 11:20 am   Permalink

I've been watching televised figure skating events since the late 50's or early 60's, so I've been following Kristi thrughout her career. I'd love to see her win this. Cheryl and Edyta will be back, not Kristi. At any rate, it has become a really stiff competition.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-21 04:47 am   Permalink

YEAH!!!!

Capping off a series of flawless performances, figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi took home the mirror-ball trophy last night to win this season's edition of Dancing with the Stars.

The Olympic champion is the first woman to win the hit reality show since Season's 1 Kelly Monaco in 2005. She and her professional partner Mark Ballas were consistently at or near the top of the scoreboard during the show's sixth season. And in the two-part finale, she finished strongly with perfect scores on both nights.

She out-danced Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor, who overcame his fears of taunts from NFL teammates and showed unexpected grace on the dance floor, and Chilean TV star Cristian de la Fuente, who stayed in the competition despite rupturing a tendon during a live performance.

Yamaguchi's win shows that sports figures might have an edge on Dancing: The past three winners were race car driver Helio Castroneves, Olympic speed-skating champ Apolo Anton Ohno and former NFL running back Emmitt Smith.

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-21 10:42 pm   Permalink

Tomorrow, folks! Strap on your Blyers, and a way we go!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-22 10:10 am   Permalink

Bleyers are getting harder and harder to find anymore. You know I'll be routing for Maurice Greene and Jeffery Ross. I hope Jeffrey Ross knows enough to not roast the judges until after the voting is out of their hands.

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 7:22 pm   Permalink

Susan Lucci and Lance Bass are my early pics for the finals.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-09-22 8:07 pm   Permalink

I'm going with Toni Braxton and Brooke Burke.

Mmmm Toni Braxton and Brooke Burke.

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 10:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-22 19:22, JenTiki wrote:
Susan Lucci ...[snip]

[crickets]

...you are joking, yes? She couldn't hold frame if she were in an art gallery.

I'm going with Misty, Ted, and Lance, and I am not counting out Warren (as much as I REALLY hate to say that...).

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation