FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Shamelessly watching....DWTS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Shamelessly watching....DWTS
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-22 11:34 pm   Permalink

Okay, in my own defense, I typed that before I saw the show! I had such high hopes for my favorite daytime diva. She should've put a little more Erica Kane into the dance.

I'm sticking with Lance, but I think I'll replace Susan with Toni. I also expect Brooke and Cody to go a long way.

Maybe some day they'll give Tony Dovolani a really good partner so he can at least get to the finals! He's such an awesome dancer, but they keep giving him hopeless partners!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-23 05:38 am   Permalink

I agree that Tony needs a decent partner someday!!!

I know Cloris won't make it long but bully for her tying...she looks great for her age and was a hoot.

I loved Warren and Kim...he was energetic.

I am thinking that Misty & Max (as much as I despise him) might pull it off...there is potential there.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-23 10:06 am   Permalink

I was hijacked by the inconvenience of work until just past midnight. How did my girls do? Do their partners have any talent?

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-23 10:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-23 10:06, The Gnomon wrote:
How did my girls do? Do their partners have any talent?

Did it seem like Cheryl is a regular size now, instead of the hard body she's been in the past? Edyta was definitely using the "Skin-to-Win" theory last night (because she knew she wasn't going to get good scores from the judges (didjy'all notice how sheepish she looked after their dance?!)...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-23 10:41 am   Permalink

Yep, Cheryl was looking like she's put on a few healthy pounds, but it may have been the dress. I think we're used to seeing a lot more of her. And poor Edyta! She knows she doesn't have a chance with this guy. He'll be one of the first three to go, if not the first! But I don't get her little chiffon leg warmer thing she does. What's up with that?

[ This Message was edited by: JenTiki 2008-09-23 10:41 ]

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-23 9:48 pm   Permalink

Okay Cheryl has gotten bigger but that's fine because once we start dating it won't look as if I hog all of her food. We'll be a little more proportionate to each other which is nice.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-23 11:08 pm   Permalink

I'm happy with all the performances, 'cept for Cloris. Not, not her DANCE performance, her OFF-FLOOR antics. Someone please, get the HOOK!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-24 12:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-23 10:29, Haole'akamai wrote:
Did it seem like Cheryl is a regular size now, instead of the hard body she's been in the past? Edyta was definitely using the "Skin-to-Win" theory last night (because she knew she wasn't going to get good scores from the judges (didjy'all notice how sheepish she looked after their dance?!)...

Hmmm! Well, Maurice Greene is an athlete, so hopefully, he can do the lifts with the new Cheryl, but Edyta has to deal with a guy whose claim to fame is doing celebrity roasts, so he's at home cracking humorous put-downs. I wonder if that translates into his training regimen. From what you say about Edyta, I'm thinking it does and she can tell she's not going to be able to get him in any kind of winning shape, ever. Then, of course, if he roasts any of the judges as a knee-jerk reaction when they critique him, he'll really seal the deal.

Frikken English is only my native language

[ This Message was edited by: The Gnomon 2008-09-24 12:52 ]

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-24 3:00 pm   Permalink

Well, I'm happy to see Edyta and Jeff gone. He was really bad and didn't have much hope of improving, and I'm sick of looking at her stupid outfits and "look at my rockin' bod" attitude. Now, if we can get rid of Cloris tonight, then we might have a show that's not too painful to watch.

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-29 10:06 pm   Permalink

Bummed 'bout Ted, because it wasn't Cloris.

This week, it better be clear to everyone...

Regardless, my favorite moment was Lance whipping out his tube o' Chapstick. I think he's got a advertising contract just awaitin' for him.

And damn that Warren Sapp. Susan looked better, like tony wasn't going to snap her in half this week.

Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-29 10:15 pm   Permalink

So Cheryl added another Eight pounds to her head! I still love her but I only voted for Brooke and Toni tonight. It's a tough love.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-30 06:55 am   Permalink

The dancing last night was BORING and in general the music didn't feel like it matched the style of dance. The only excitement was Warren and that little bit of Matrix thrown in was great. I am putting all my nickles on Warren and Kym to win from this point forward. I think out of the whole group, he is the only one that looks like he "get's it."

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-30 07:04 am   Permalink

Well, I'm still hopeful...

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-30 09:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-30 06:55, VampiressRN wrote:
The dancing last night was BORING and in general the music didn't feel like it matched the style of dance.

I can understand that. The Rumba can look slow, plodding, and uninteresting when not done right, and last night, you got that in spades. Like Bruno said, you need to "act it out". I think that's why Susan did better (not great, just better). Toni, I think, got the required hip action of the Rumba best; her straight legs and lines were nice.

bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-30 11:14 am   Permalink

I cannot BELIEVE I am actually ADMITTING I watch this sure-sign-of-the-ARMEGGEDDON but..in the 5 minutes or so that I tuned into that, I watched Misty May & some other goof tango til they were SORE to a truly homogenized version of TAKE ME OUT by a Franz Ferdinand sound-alike--she shows less heat in a DRESS than she does in her BIKINI playing beach volleyball which struck me as REALLY ODD...anyway, the inherent CHEESE factor in this show & those AWFUL judges made me just appreciate CHUCK a whole lot more...shame on you fans for perpetuating this awful excuse for reality tv and the CRAPULENCE it perpetrates on America.

signed a SURVIVOR fan ....so grain of salt HERE

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation