FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » Shamelessly watching....DWTS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Shamelessly watching....DWTS
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-11-25 11:01 pm   Permalink

"At first it's kinda fun but eventually it just becomes routine."

Tiki Central's Bora Boris on always being right.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-26 05:48 am   Permalink

I was glad to see Warren beat out Lance.

Brook was definitely a shoe-in and it was pretty obvious on the voting. It was good to see another woman win, even if it wasn't Chloris.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-26 09:30 am   Permalink

Did you hear that Warren was 2 hours late for the group dance rehearsal? Apparently he began complaining then that he was having trouble following the routine and was making life miserable for everyone. Derek stood up to him and gave him a piece of his mind, which was evidently the general consensus of the group. Warren then shoved and held Derek against the wall and bullied him.

Not sure it all happened that way. Just something I heard. I'm glad Derek and Brooke won.

But I hedge allegiance to the ass
Of Cheryl, Edyta, and/or Lacey
And to the eyegasms that make me stand
Sensational
Undergarments
Me dribbling
Lustfully
For all.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 10:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-26 09:30, The Gnomon wrote:
Did you hear that Warren was 2 hours late for the group dance rehearsal? Apparently he began complaining then that he was having trouble following the routine and was making life miserable for everyone. Derek stood up to him and gave him a piece of his mind, which was evidently the general consensus of the group. Warren then shoved and held Derek against the wall and bullied him.

I have to say that Warren's participation in DwtS is typical of his participation in the NFL. He has alot of natural ability and talent. He's just too hard-headed (lazy?) to really learn how to do things right, and uses his charisma to smooth things over when he should be putting in time improving his skills. I was on his side, at first, but I saw it setting in about week 6.

Brooke did great and really was spectacular, especially since she didn't have much (any?) professional dance training. I, personally, just wasn't particularly thrilled by her, that's all.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-26 11:08 am   Permalink

I agree...I think a lot of the group got by just on the popular vote this time. The show in itself was not great this season and had I not seen the previous ones, I probably wouldn't watch again. Hope the next version has a better group of participants.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-11-26 11:20 am   Permalink

The problem with Brooke is she is a bit of a robot with out much of a personality but I like her a lot.

Derek also has absolutely Zero personality and the one he tries to fake having is lame. Mark is his best friend? Double Lame.

I'm glad they won though he's a good teacher.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-26 11:49 am   Permalink

Yeah, whatever!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-09 12:28 pm   Permalink

Yikes! The first half of this season is gonna be really scary!

New cast announced here.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-09 1:16 pm   Permalink

I'm looking forward to seeing the Queen Bee (Lil Kim). She was the Notorious B.I.G's girlfriend way back when.

I hope my girls will be back (probably will), but they have taken the dancers' bios off the site, so I imagine there'll be some changes.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-09 1:45 pm   Permalink

The WOZ!!!

Sheesh, I wish they wouldn't renew Samantha Harris' contract. She is such a waste of space.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 10:30 am   Permalink

Any early predictions?

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-26 11:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-09 13:16, The Gnomon wrote:
I hope my girls will be back (probably will), but they have taken the dancers' bios off the site, so I imagine there'll be some changes.

From the Comcast Entertainment pages:
Quote:

Famed NFL player Lawrence Taylor will tango in an awkward way with Edyta Sliwinska.
Denise Richards will do her sexy dance numbers with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Derek Hough will be paired, at his own risk, with Lil Kim
Julianne Hough will dance the night away with country singer Chuck Wicks
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak will waddle with Karina Smirnoff
Singer Jewel will do her poetic moves with new DWTS dancer Dmitry Chaplin
Country singer Ty Murray will try his hand at dancing with DWTS newby Chelsea Hightower
Sex and the City star Gilles Marini will dance for his martinis with Cheryl Burke
Olympian Shawn Johnson will glide with Mark Ballas
David Alan Grier will boogie with Kym Johnson
80’s pop star Belinda Carlyle will get the beat with Jonathan Roberts
Entertainment anchor Nancy O’Dell will partner up with Tony Dovolani
Steve-O will struggle and certainly not take the dancing seriously, with Lacy Schwimmer

Looks like we'll be stuck with Edyta for a while. Karina and Lacy will likely be gone early. If the "Sex and the City" guy dances as well as he showers, Cheryl will be around a good long time. But poor Tony Dovolani keeps getting stuck with the older, more inhibited women. I don't expect he and Nancy will last beyond week four or five.

The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-03-09 08:58 am   Permalink

Returning tonight at last. One of Heff's jewels is replacing Jewel. Glad to see Cheryl, Edyta, and Lacy back, of course. As for the contestants, I'm looking forward to seeing the Queen Bee.

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 09:49 am   Permalink

This just in, both Nancy O'Dell and Jewel had to drop out due to injuries. So in addition to Heff's girlfriend, Holly, the girl who was jilted on national television by "The Bachelor" will also be a last minute replacement. Melissa's Dallas Cowboys cheerleading experience may help her make up for the lack of rehearsal. While the other contestants have had six weeks to prepare, Melissa and Holly have only had one week.

The good news is Tony Dovolani is no longer stuck with Nancy O'Dell, so maybe he'll get to stay a bit longer than I originally estimated.

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 09:51 am   Permalink

I hear that Nancy O'Dell also injured her knee badly enough to be replaced, by...

Melissa Rycroft ?!! When did she become a star?! Yuck....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation