FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Shamelessly watching....DWTS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Shamelessly watching....DWTS
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-14 11:41 pm   Permalink

I totally agree with you about Ian! He doesn't belong in the top three!

But I gotta differ when it comes to Apolo's ChaChaCha! That was HOT!!! That dance floor could use a little more spice now and then! And his haircut was fabulous (if long overdo).

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-15 05:40 am   Permalink

I think Ian will get kicked to the curb tonight, he has never been a favorite of the judges....and phone votes aren't going to help him either.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-15 10:00 pm   Permalink

It's official....Ian and Cheryl are out. I still think xxxx is pretty stiff....so think she will get axed next week. I think Joey and Apolo will fight to the end. Next week will be interesting.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 10:44 pm   Permalink

Breaking news ... Bora Boris is watching too, just not shamelessly! Can you believe he was actually routing for Ian?

Okay, my pick for the winner is .... Joey!!! Anyone wanna bet a China Clipper on this?

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 11:25 pm   Permalink

I beg to differ, Weezy...Apolo all the way!

K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-05-16 08:02 am   Permalink

It was too bad that Ian only got all 10's when he disguised himself as someone else.

Now someone please reply quickly so no one knows I've posted in here.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 11:36 am   Permalink

Apolo is definitely a better dancer, but Joey has higher entertainment value.

I think there are more N*SYNC than speed skating fans, so my money's on The FatOne (who is looking more svelte these days...)

..there ya go, Boris....

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-05-16 12:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks Haole'akamai!

I agree and it seems like Apollo always has his serious game face on trying to win every time while Joey is having a good time.

[ This Message was edited by: Bora Boris 2007-05-20 17:41 ]

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 12:44 pm   Permalink

Being able to look like you're having fun on the dance floor goes along way to winning contests (I can credit that to all my placements), especially where popularity ranks higher than skill.

I'm glad the Joey and Apolo are in the finals. They really were the only to leads that looked like they were actually leading.

You know, when I watch the first season, I thought, "This is great, but it won't capture the long-time interest of the general TV watching public." I think/hope I might be wrong about that.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-16 1:22 pm   Permalink

I think Apolo is a shoe-in.....but I am going with the underdog..Joey. If he keeps upping the entertainment value he is going to take the show. Ooooh...maybe more lurkers and secret-viewers will be popping out of the woodwork by next week.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-21 8:56 pm   Permalink

Laila is boring and stiff. Apolo and Joey did excellent free-styles. The judges never like it when there is too much outside of the norm for the dance...so Joey and Apolo need to be careful. I just don't get the judges giving Laila 10s...doesn't make sense to me.

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-21 9:11 pm   Permalink

WooHoo Apollo!! I voted for him on my home phone, on my cell , and online

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 9:55 pm   Permalink

Joey all the way!!!! He's worked his butt off for this ... literally! You can see in his face how much weight he's lost since the first round! Plus, he does cool tricks!

Jo-ey! Jo-ey! Jo-ey! Jo-ey!

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-22 05:58 am   Permalink

Oooooh. tonight is going to be tight. I have a hard time between Apolo and Joey. Apolo is a natural and he is such a good match with his partner. I agree Jen...Joey has worked his arse off and I can't believe how good he is at those high jumps....he looked liked he was having so much fun on that freestyle. Voting online is pretty easy.

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 09:19 am   Permalink

I was really pulling for Laila, but unfortunately, her freestyle was lacklustre and that's what people who aren't familiar with partner dance will gravitate to. I still threw my votes her way, as she consistently preformed the hell out of all her dances each week, while both Joey and Apolo had up and down performances.

Joey was the consummate entertainer and really does have great "razzle-dazzle" (which made him a intricate part of N*Sync). My only issue was he "went to the well" a few too many times during performances and it broke up the dimension of whatever dance he was attempting. As the judges pointed out last night, it seemed very apparent in his Cha cha cha, "Things were off." I see it as a sign he didn't trust himself in the less familiar (dance) waters of partner dance. It's too bad because he has such good musicality.

I believe Apolo will win. You know what the say, "Sex sells." And he continued to raunch it up. His footwork was no match for his hip gyrations. But again, I don't think the general public will recognize that and so he'll get votes.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation