FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Shamelessly watching....DWTS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
Shamelessly watching....DWTS
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-24 2:30 pm   Permalink

[double post]

heh, I guess I'm a tad excited....

[ This Message was edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-09-24 14:31 ]

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-24 3:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-24 14:29, Haole'akamai wrote:
Wheeeee! To-nite.

hee hee hee

YIPEE!!!!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-24 7:55 pm   Permalink

OK...here we go again.....should be fun!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-24 9:29 pm   Permalink

All in all, I think Sabrina did best. She had the energy, great body movement, and is damned fast on the floor. She has shown that she has talent, now she needs to be sure to drop the hip hop or she will make the judges mad.

Jane was elegant as expected. I think she will hang in there for a while.

Melani did great too, she has good stage presence. (That Maxim is such a cutie....yum yum.)

Jennie was OK and will hang in for a while, but she is very unsteady and not as polished as the others.

Josie was OK...nothing to write home about.

Marie sucked big time!!!

See ya tomorrow night for da guys.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-24 9:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-24 21:29, VampiressRN wrote:

All in all, I think Sabrina did best. She had the energy, great body movement, and is damned fast on the floor. She has shown that she has talent, now she needs to be sure to drop the hip hop or she will make the judges mad.

Jane was elegant as expected. I think she will hang in there for a while.

Melani did great too, she has good stage presence. (That Maxim is such a cutie....yum yum.)

Jennie was OK and will hang in for a while, but she is very unsteady and not as polished as the others.

Josie was OK...nothing to write home about.

Marie sucked big time!!!

Did we watch the same show?

Jennie was more than decent. She had a solid hip swivel and was cute and smiley. All she needs is to tighten up her core and strengthen her leg lines and she'll be in contention.

Josie didn't dance a step by herself. Her partner (literally) carried her through the entire routine. She was plodding and her arms were unnatural, creating awkward lines. The judges were incredibly generous to her. I would have scored her a 4. Even without seeing the men, I'm forecasting she'll be the first off.

Sabrina had nice hands and tight fast footwork (I would hope so, since this is what she's known for), but she kept rolling her shoulders forward and loosing her frame. There was a definite lack of connection. The choreography was weak, but then almost half the routine was Hip Hop. Dude, we know you can Hip Hop; this is a ballroom dance competition. Gotta chalk that up to impetuous youth, I guess. She's a good dancer; I hope she can get over herself.

Marie had very nice musicality. Her footwork was solid and will only get better the more she practices. I was surprised by how entertaining she was to watch.

Mel has great hip and decent footwork, albiet a little slow. That'll get better as she tightens her upper body. I'm worried, though, that Maksim choreographed a routine that seemed so similar to the stuff he did for Laila, the same body/booty shake, the same turn sequences. I hope he can bring out better originality for Mel in the future.

Jane had fabulous reach. Her arms were graceful and her frame was superb. 56! I hope my core is as strong when I get there.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-24 10:41 pm   Permalink

Well, I can't get quite that technical about it so I'll just give my predictions...

First woman to go: Josie
Last woman dancing: Mel

So, after seeing them dance, I changed my mind about who would be the first to go because I originally predicted Marie. But I'm sticking with my original pick for the final woman. The only thing that might keep Josie in the competition this week will be the votes from the men who are hot for her due to her Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-25 7:19 pm   Permalink

Double-rats...I am still at work...so will take me a couple of more hours to get home and I will miss the guys dancing. Guess you will have to do without my mediocre opinion tonight.

Carry on girls!!!! I'll catch up tomorrow.

Spill your guts...let me know all the gory details though.

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 9:52 pm   Permalink

No opinion is mediocre (or, maybe, all opinions are mediocre?). It's definitely better to have your own opinion than take up someone else's, that for sure.

My opinions:

Cameron: His footwork was slow, but okay. Good posture, but his stride was too wide, especially in the turns. I thought his arms were kinda soft. That will be fixed once he's more confident on the dance floor.

Floyd: High energy and a real performer, but it was obvious that he'll need to work really hard to gain some technique. Frame? What frame? Super footwork (given, since he's a boxer), but like CariAnn said, he was overly aggressive with his partner.

Helio: Very good footwork, very floaty. It looked like he was actually leading his partner. Nice lines and he handled the complicated choreography with aplomb.

Albert: Entertaining and his sense of humour showed well. He was fearless out there. He's got enough hip action (or, should I say, PELVIC THRUST?) for himself andWayne. If he can get better control over that thing (and work on his footwork), he'll be unstoppable.

Mark: He had an interesting mix of glidey yet plodding footwork. The goofy faces were distracting. Did you see him lipsyncing? He's got good musicality, though. Hip replacement just 7 weeks before starting?! Criminy...

Wayne: What a showman! Great smile. At 65, his hips may not have seen much action lately, but he better loosen up in his mid-region before he gets to those Samba rolls in the Rhumba. He needs to work on not "pony stepping", too.

I predict Josie goes home.

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 11:32 pm   Permalink

All great observations, Haole'akamai, and I must concur!

I think Cameron had a strong start and has the potential to improve greatly.

Boxer boy looks like he's dodging punches.

Helio may take this. He seems to be a natural dancer and has that latin passion to kick some arse on the latin dances!

Albert has some moves, but I don't think he'll be able reign it in when necessary.

Mark is a dork! The singing along was totally distracting and I think he was relying too much on charm to win over the judges. So ungraceful!

Wayne disappointed me! I had such high hopes for someone who has been an entertainer for so long. You would think with all his martial arts training that his hips would be a bit looser. Hopefully he can get it together and make it into the final three guys with Cameron and Helio.

I'm torn between Josie and Mark for the one to leave tomorrow night.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-26 06:37 am   Permalink

I did make it home in time to see Wayne dance...and I too was disappointed. He was very stiff, but makes me wonder if he has a back problem or something. Anyway, I think they will let him hang for a couple of more times...look how long they kept George Hamilton. They are gentle on the older folks as long as they add show value.

Looking forward to seeing the overview of the dances tonight. I agree about Josie...think she is outtathere.

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-26 8:57 pm   Permalink

Looks like I was right about the bottom two. Now let's see if Josie goes!

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-26 8:58 pm   Permalink

Yay! Josie is gone! I predict Mark next week...well, at least I hope!

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-26 9:56 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the update Jen....had to work late...just got home...missed the whole show.

Who was the entertainment...thought I heard them say it was going to be Dolly Pardon?

The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-27 07:47 am   Permalink

I hope Wayne hangs out for a while 'cause I think Cheryl is soooooo hot!

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-27 11:06 am   Permalink

Hahaha. Ain't that the truth - and I think Wayne thought the same. Did you see how he couldn't keep his hands off her in the "Kiss-n-Cry" area backstage?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation