FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Exotica 2007 Surf into Chicago 7/7/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Exotica 2007 Surf into Chicago 7/7/07
Jet Sterling
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-29 1:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-29 09:01, hala bullhiki wrote:
nah, shes due april 23rd, although tracy and i think she may come a little early

Wow- I bet Tracy is happy my memory is NOT serving me correctly. Congrats again! I imagine Baby Bullhiki will be itching for a road trip by July.

View Profile of Jet Sterling Send a personal message to Jet Sterling  Email Jet Sterling Goto the website of Jet Sterling     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
davealmost
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-29 8:38 pm   Permalink

nice...boo-urns to the wedding that i have to be at on the 7th but the other days shall be great!

View Profile of davealmost Send a personal message to davealmost  Email davealmost     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-04 5:45 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to Chi-Town again.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-05 7:17 pm   Permalink

Schweet! I can't wait!! >:)

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-07 12:05 pm   Permalink

Anyone who is interested in vending their wares at Exotica should get on board while there is still space. Vintage and/or original Tiki, Hawaiiana, aloha attire, etc. is ideal. There is a limited number of spaces available and booths are very reasonable.
For more info email:
bamboolodge@comcast.net
-Duke

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 3:45 pm   Permalink

FYI...
You can go to
www.chicagoexotica.com and sign up to be added to the Exotica mailing list. You will receive an email as soon as the full site is launched.
Mahalo

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greenfire

Posted: 2007-04-25 7:55 pm   Permalink

Any new info????

View Profile of greenfire Send a personal message to greenfire      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 8:38 pm   Permalink

Son of a B%tch. I'll be in Chicago (for the 1st time) the following week for a seminar. Are there any cool tikified products (mugs) from said event that I could preorder and maybe pick up when I'm there? Being as I live in a tiki-free city this could be my first chance to score on a work trip; I usually waste my time surfing and drinking on them.

Also for your Chicagoland tikiphiles. Since I will probaby have one (maybe 2) nights free where should I go that I can score a good meal, a good drink and a good mug?

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wgk001
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-27 10:09 pm   Permalink

Tipsy,

if you don't like the bands than start your own event. You asked for it.

George, WCI

[ This Message was edited by: wgk001 2007-04-27 22:11 ]

View Profile of wgk001 Send a personal message to wgk001  Goto the website of wgk001     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 09:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-27 22:09, wgk001 wrote:
Tipsy,

if you don't like the bands than start your own event. You asked for it.

George, WCI

[ This Message was edited by: wgk001 2007-04-27 22:11 ]

....Ha!! actually, i did.....exotica was the name i used for the first exotica which a friend and i started back in 2000 called "exotica 2000" which was an art show hosted by myself and other tiki artists as a way for us locals to show/sell our work. It was a one day show held at my friends loft downtown. From there it went to a place called "right on futon". Duke carter showed work at both places. It was from this first show that all following exotica events were spawned.....I still have the old postcard advertisements from the event and a newspaper article about the show....and the rest is history.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 09:54 am   Permalink

..on another note....since the chicago "big C jamboree" is the first thursday in july, was wondering if you organizers had plans for a meet and greet and if not, how about gettin something going at Martyr's where the "big C" event is held anyway??. you should talk to ken mottet and see if you can work in a show that night to kick off the exotica weekend, since there will be bands there anyway, why not get some of your surf acts into it....anyway, something to think about if you haven't already considered it...the timing seems good.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 1:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-26 20:38, Surf tiki wrote:
Also for your Chicagoland tikiphiles. Since I will probaby have one (maybe 2) nights free where should I go that I can score a good meal, a good drink and a good mug?

Surf, as always, give me a PM about a week before you get here, and if I am available, I will drive you out to the amazing Hala Kahiki, and also to Chef Shangri-La. All other TCers are welcome too, natch.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 09:14 am   Permalink

The Exotica website is now up with additional info: http://www.chicagoexotica.com We will be adding more, but for now the band info, schedule, and some tips on Hotels including discounted rates are available.

-Duke

[ This Message was edited by: boutiki 2007-05-08 09:59 ]

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-08 12:57 pm   Permalink

lookin good....I've always liked the look of these exotica websites....glad to see you guys got an evening at the sandbar planned. it's a very cool room, the food is great and the drinks potent...

Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 08:00 am   Permalink

OK, I know this is gonna be a really stupid question? What's the Sandbar?

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation