FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Exotica 2007 Surf into Chicago 7/7/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Exotica 2007 Surf into Chicago 7/7/07
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 08:08 am   Permalink

the sandbar is a relatively new bar/restaurant in brookfield...a suburb of chicago that's not far from where all the action will be....they regularly host a slew of bands like the astronauts, cocktail preachers and other surf/lounge type acts, as well as some rockabilly.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AllisonV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-12 8:26 pm   Permalink

Which halau do you have dancers coming from? I hope it's Mana Pasifika!

View Profile of AllisonV Send a personal message to AllisonV      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 12:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-07 12:05, boutiki wrote:
Anyone who is interested in vending their wares at Exotica should get on board while there is still space. Vintage and/or original Tiki, Hawaiiana, aloha attire, etc. is ideal. There is a limited number of spaces available and booths are very reasonable.
For more info email: bamboolodge@comcast.net
-Duke

There are still a couple of spaces available. Anyone interested contact us for more info.
D&C

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 08:30 am   Permalink

Here is the tentative schedule for Saturday 7/7/07 at FitzGeralds.....

12:00pm-2:00pm Vendors-DJ-Socializing (Vending will continue all day)
2:00pm Bikini Beachcombers
3:00pm The Astronauts 1st set
4:00pm The Reluctant Aquanauts
5:00pm The Concussions
6:00pm The Astronauts 2nd set
7:00pm Hawaiian or Go-Go Dancers 1st set
7:30pm The Volcanos
8:30pm The Neanderthals
9:30pm Hawaiian and/or Go-Go Dancers 2nd set
10:00pm The Trashmen
11:30pm Los Santos final act(Main Club)

Surf & Beach movies running all day & night in the main club.

D&C

[ This Message was edited by: bamboolodge 2007-06-28 19:14 ]

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 12:47 pm   Permalink

do you have a list of whos vending yet?...and will there be a commemorative mug this year? if so whos designing it?

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 8:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-06 12:47, hala bullhiki wrote:
do you have a list of whos vending yet?...and will there be a commemorative mug this year? if so whos designing it?

Hey Hala, Are you going to Exotica and if so are you bringing that shiny new baby?

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 3:39 pm   Permalink

tracy and i will be there with baby isabella in tow for the saturday exotica event from dorrs open, til babys ready to leave....lol!....we'll also be at the dva gallery in a few weeks , again from when doors open til isabella says its time to go...maybe we'll see you there?

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 8:46 pm   Permalink

Starting this Saturday at the 3rd Annual Gala Tiki Show & Party there will be a limited number of tickets for Exotica 2007 available at the DvA gallery. Everyone who purchases their ticket at DvA will get a limited edition serigraph from Exotica 2005 featuring the art of Dr. Alderente. These are special prints with an experimental blue pearl base-coat instead of white stock background that was used for the edition. If you plan to attend Exotica this summer and have been waiting to get your ticket, here is a great opportunity to grab your ticket and pick up a rare print as well. There are less than 2 dozen of these pearlescent serigraphs and they will only be available at the DvA gallery.

We'll see you at the opening.

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 05:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-09 08:08, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
the sandbar is a relatively new bar/restaurant in brookfield...a suburb of chicago that's not far from where all the action will be....they regularly host a slew of bands like the astronauts, cocktail preachers and other surf/lounge type acts, as well as some rockabilly.....

Man, I sure wish Haole Kats!!! would have been able to make the Chicago trip financially viable for us again this year. We just couldn't work out the numbers to do it, or we sure would have. Although there was no Exotica, last year's road trip was a blast, and The Sandbar was a highlight. The Sandbar is a VERY nice room. Nice vibe, GREAT food, nice stage -- with great amps and an incredible sounding VINTAGE drum kit already on it!!!

If any of y'all go, try their ribs. I was very impressed with the quality of the meat and how perfectly done they were.

Man, if we weren't so busy, I'd be tempted to just grab a cheap flight and come as a participant...

[ This Message was edited by: Kanekila 2007-06-22 05:54 ]

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 07:30 am   Permalink

can you post a pic of the dr. aldrete print??

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 12:10 pm   Permalink

I wish I could be there, That's my birthday.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 07:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-06 12:47, hala bullhiki wrote:

Any word on the vendor list? Is there going to be a tiki mug for this event? Inquiring minds want to know.

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 10:53 pm   Permalink

Not shy to say I'll be vending at my 2nd Exotica... I really missed it last year... the music, entertainment and the people are all great!

I'll have my handcarved tiki masks and wallhangers (which made their premier at Hukilau and were a big hit) handcarved tiki idols, tiki signs, leopard fur tiki shields and a wide variety of handcarved tikis in sizes from 10 inches to 5 feet. Stop by and say hi and pick up one of a kind tiki creations that are all handmade right here in the Tiki Heartland!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 07:59 am   Permalink

We are not doing a mug for the event. Exotica is not going to try to sell attendees anything. Rather, we are giving something away for free! The first 200 people through the door at FitzGerald's on Saturday will get a free Exotica 2007 poster. It's a 4 color print designed by Duke. It measures 11" X 17" and each of the limited edition will be signed and numbered.

You are welcome to spend your money with some of the vendors who will be showing and selling their fine wares. These include:
Bamboo Bimbo's Beach Boutique
DvA Gallery
Lake Surfer
Night and Day Vintage
Rick's Vintage
Spinout Records
Tiki Terrace
Trader Daves' Shack

We are looking forward to a great time.
-Amy

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-30 10:25 am   Permalink

Any news on whether Chef Sahngri-La will be open in time for the event?

I went there last night, and the "Closed until further notice" sign was still on their doors (I heard reports at DvA Gallery last weekend that the Chef was closed, so it has been well over a week now).

Anyone have insight?

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation