FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug and Collectibles Pricing
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Mug and Collectibles Pricing
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-22 12:14 pm   Permalink

Mugs can be pricey, Tiki menus can be like pricey pricey!

Tahitian

I guess they are more perishable then mugs, paper against ceramics and all. Hey, doesn't paper beat rock, why shouldn't paper beat clay pottery!?!

Is it me, or is it getting entirely too difficult (ne expensive) to "win" anything n Ebay? C'est la vie, if you cannot beat them...you must sell to them. So I will, next week big sale coming, stay tuned.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-22 12:23 pm   Permalink

^I knew that Space Tiki's tikis looked familar. The tiki on the menu and the tiki in Space Tiki's "Wrong Black Hole" are identical.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiManiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-22 2:14 pm   Permalink

Take a look at this...this person has the mother-load of Leilanis!

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/swizzledd/tiki.html

[ This Message was edited by: TikiManiac on 2003-01-22 14:15 ]

View Profile of TikiManiac Send a personal message to TikiManiac      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-22 7:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-01-22 14:14, TikiManiac wrote:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/swizzledd/tiki.html

[ This Message was edited by: TikiManiac on 2003-01-22 14:15 ]

Doris often sells lots of tiki swizzle sticks on Ebay from her extensive collection and she is a great person to deal with!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-22 11:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-01-22 14:14, TikiManiac wrote:

WOW! They look kinda cool all lined up together like that... in a Warhol kinda' way.

As for menu pricing... Damn, $182. I'm with Midnite Tiki, I hope danlovestikis, tigertlily, and those guys from Texas hit your auctions.

Aloha

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-23 11:00 am   Permalink

Not sure what is the punchline, but this is a joke:

Barnum Tiki

This is in some ways worse than the $300 Mai-Kai mug auction. This black mug is old, granted, but is normally available for $10 on Ebay. The newer version of this mug, produced today for various events, is much less defined and lower quality.

I do not like seeing auctions like this, it contributes to a faulty idea of "worth".

C'est La Vie!
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-01-24 12:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-01-23 11:00, midnite_tiki wrote:
Not sure what is the punchline, but this is a joke:

Barnum Tiki

This is in some ways worse than the $300 Mai-Kai mug auction. This black mug is old, granted, but is normally available for $10 on Ebay. The newer version of this mug, produced today for various events, is much less defined and lower quality.

I do not like seeing auctions like this, it contributes to a faulty idea of "worth".

C'est La Vie!
midnite

Holy toledo, the winner on that bid has the User ID of vigilante_carlstroem. That's the guitarist for The Hives. I wonder if it's really him and if he's really into Tiki. I notice he's also bidding on lots of music equipment and hawaiian shirts that are 2XL, which would be about right- he's a big boy.

Just a thought.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-24 1:58 pm   Permalink

Regardless, they still ripped him a new one with that mug!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-24 1:58 pm   Permalink

Regardless, they still "ripped him a new one" with that mug!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-24 7:05 pm   Permalink

Blah bla blah Islander stuff is more pricey blah blah. Another blah blah blah:

Islander Moai Bowl

Only $202? I'll take four.

midnite

tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-24 7:10 pm   Permalink

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2154605964&category=29460

Pah-leeze!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-24 7:26 pm   Permalink

Hey Greg,
Yep, that is a real eye roller. In truth it is probably worse than the Islander bowl at $200. Over thirty for that headhunter Orchids mug is certainly way WAY over the usual rate of what, $8?

My luck, as I sell a bunch of stuff next week, all the deep pocket collectors will be empty pocketed.

midnite

MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-24 7:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-01-24 19:10, tikigreg wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2154605964&category=29460

Pah-leeze!

mauicoconut is a new guy (0) feedback. If he were paying attention he could have had 5 of these plus 2 last week for $35.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=2153911630&rd=1

Should we start a new topic for "stupid" bids?

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-24 8:08 pm   Permalink

I was about to post:
"You're right, the bidder is new, which I didn't notice. Must allow for youthful exuberance, I suppose. Let's hope the mug holds a place of honor in this ebayers tiki- bar-to-be"

But there is such a thing as a feeding frenzy among new collectors, it would appear.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Troll
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-24 9:03 pm   Permalink

maybe the problem isn't the prices things are fetching, especially since tiki gets more and more popular every day, but that we are all REALLY CHEAP!!! I've never heard people piss and moan so much over the prices of things, not that any of us would give back the money if some newbie ran up one of our auctions. I think the most important thing about ebay is that no one ever spends more than they want too, which after a couple days at antique stores, I am forever grateful for.

I do think that the crazy prices are going to be the Disco shirts of 2003. I used to be able to get 20-30 bucks a piece for them a couple years ago, and now I can't give them away. Save your pennies to the day all us tight-wads can feel safe on ebay again!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Troll on 2003-01-24 21:05 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Troll Send a personal message to Tiki-Troll  Email Tiki-Troll     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation