FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug and Collectibles Pricing
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Mug and Collectibles Pricing
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-24 9:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I think the most important thing about ebay is that no one ever spends more than they want too

Ummm...actually, I have. I must admit there have been times in the past where I've spent more than I wanted to for something I really wanted to add to my collection. I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only one who has done this either. We are human, after all...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Troll
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-24 9:47 pm   Permalink

I guess WANT & WILLING are two different things. I sometimes just get sick of getting outbid, and another 10-20 bucks, or whatever I have to spend just to get the damn thing is worth it.

View Profile of Tiki-Troll Send a personal message to Tiki-Troll  Email Tiki-Troll     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-27 11:48 pm   Permalink

Just when one thinks the Ebay prices are insane, INSANE!...a nice little "bargain":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3203668379&category=35713]Aku Aku Mug (the good one)

Sorry, no "buy now" bargains like that in the midnite tiki mug spectacivestorama, but some good crap nonetheless.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 1:14 pm   Permalink

Well, with a few hours to go the Groundhog Day Tiki Sale is a wee success:

Midnite Sale

No comment,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 1:17 pm   Permalink

Well, congrats on those monster bids! I think I'll go call Lloyds of London to insure my mugs now.....!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 1:37 pm   Permalink

OH MY GOD! Midnite, EXCELLENT sales! I think I'm gonna crown surffreak the new King of Overspending. Unbelievable....

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki410
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 2:14 pm   Permalink

Someone had to have typed their bids in wrong? Living in New Orleans I am getting up extra early this weekend to hit the garage sales. I figure with one Tiki Bob I could really up my collection and I only have collected five mugs thus far.

View Profile of tiki410 Send a personal message to tiki410  Email tiki410     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 3:02 pm   Permalink

A MAJOR congrats to you! If you notice, all the insane prices are the same two guys outbidding each other. These guys must have a real competitive streak- too a fault!! WOW!

www.tikiroom.net

[ This Message was edited by: TikiHula on 2003-02-04 15:03 ]

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 3:12 pm   Permalink

Well, the auction is doing "ok", really thought people would be excited about the Kahiki Idol necklace, and the Kahiki Lighter has a pretty reasonable reserve still not met, hint: it is lower than $50. Actually, it's $45. I have never seen one before and thought, "No one wants it at $45 I still like it"...otherwise I HATE reserves.

Plus, the Luau Hut has only the one bid!

Bah ha ha!

midnite

tiki410
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 4:25 pm   Permalink

Midnight, A tiki charm just went for approximately $32 and it had the original display card. There is excitement out there.

View Profile of tiki410 Send a personal message to tiki410  Email tiki410     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 4:32 pm   Permalink

Yep, I posted too soon. The idol has already received a couple of bids. Mine is without the cardboard display pice, but my listing has neat typeface on the pic...and I have an entertaining write-up. So, that's worth something.

I've heard Barry Williams was interested in my Tiki necklace.

midnite

croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 6:50 pm   Permalink

OK, so maybe I overpaid for Midnite's Kahiki necklace, but I have a soft spot for the Kahiki & I missed the last one that was up!!! But be assured it's going to a good home & will be well cared for - I know it's one of the very few items going for "low" (it's all relative!!) price in your Groundhog Day auction.

Waiting for the day the Kahiki returns.......

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki410
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 7:24 pm   Permalink

croe67, congrates on the score. I thought for sure I had it this time. I will get the next one.

croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 7:57 pm   Permalink

yep - next one is all yours!! - I won't be in on that one & hopefully Tigerlilly won't be - for your sake!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 8:22 pm   Permalink

Aloha to Capt. Midnite and congratulations on a "succesful" auction. Geeze!

It was like the Ludwicke vs. Surfreak - Tiki Grudge Match! One mug, Two guys with a butt-load of cash... sunday, SUNday, SUNDAY!

Mercy

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Royale on 2003-02-04 22:59 ]

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation