FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Tiki Mug and Collectibles Pricing
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Mug and Collectibles Pricing
TikiManiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 9:02 pm   Permalink

holy frickin crap...u made a ton of money on those auctions...i have seen u win a few of those mugs and u made like at least 10 times what u paid on them...y did u sell all your tiki mugs? it was certainly worth it...i have never seen a tiki bob go for much over 150...in fact, a set of 3 once went for less than 300 and here u just got over 600 on one...congrats...unbelievable...now what are u going to do with all that dough, midnite moneybags? lol

[ This Message was edited by: TikiManiac on 2003-02-04 21:03 ]

View Profile of TikiManiac Send a personal message to TikiManiac      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 11:14 pm   Permalink

Holy f***kin' crap is right! Apparently, Punxatawney Phil came out of his hole for your Groundhogs Day sale, didn't see his shadow but instead and convinced 'surffreak' to drop nearly $1700 on what should have been about $200 worth of mugs! Unless you're a seller, beware of groundhogs offering mug-buying tips!

Congrats, Midnite on a VERY fine day - the winter must be over!!

(will you be having another sale soon, so those of us without Lotto winnings to spend might have a chance?)
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-04 11:32 pm   Permalink

Man, we going to be living this sale down for a long time. I can just see the Tiki Crawl now. Thanks for all the congrats, much appreciated. Funny that I start this topic, bitch about the prices on Ebay, then this happens. Still not gonna pay what it takes to get the Holy Grail Sufferin ' B, though.

Would like to have more sales, but the Tiki inventory just took a major hit. Plus, it is getting very difficult to get things. Will keep looking...and listening, listening is important too.

Maybe a President's Day sale...Hail to the Chief and goodwill toward men, all that stuff.

Everyone check out yoho-yoho Ebay items!

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-05 2:26 pm   Permalink

Holy crap, Midnight!

Just saw that closing for Tiki Bob!

Unbelievable. Just when I thought it was safe to go back on Ebay...

How's Aloha Hut?

Congrats!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-05 3:01 pm   Permalink

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2156327227&category=29460

I guess my $25.00 bid didn't cut the mustard!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-05 3:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-01-16 10:30, atomictonytiki wrote:
Is the Leilani/Hawaiian Inn mug the most common mug inexistance?

That and the Walt Disney World Polynesian Room frosted glass goblet. I found 2 of them at Value Village yesterday (one small, one big). Not really my favourite mug (it's not really even a mug) but of course I couldn't leave them there!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-05 3:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-02-04 23:32, midnite_tiki wrote:
Man, we going to be living this sale down for a long time. I can just see the Tiki Crawl now.

Are you buying? (nudge, nudge...)

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-05 3:18 pm   Permalink

Hey ya Uncle Arty,

"How's Aloha Hut? "
Displayed prominently in the permanent collection of the Midnite Tiki Mug Museum. It is one of our fave mugs, not selling it, nope...not for $500, uh maybe for $501. Did see an Aloha Hut matchcover on Ebay, but we like whole matchbooks...it is a neat sign though.

It was a good sale; many pieces went to TC members, which is good. It is becoming increasingly harder to acquire duplicates for new Tiki sales, though. Our sale mug inventory that was once a nice collection on its own is now a few Tepco pirate mugs and some assorted Trader Vic flotsam.

Thanks to all who bid,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-05 3:32 pm   Permalink

Hey ya Pop!

re:"Are you buying? (nudge, nudge...)"

For you? Of course....

I had better check that RSVP list for the crawl, see how many past Midnite Tiki Sale customers or trade partners are making it up here. May need a few extra straws!

midnite

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-05 5:24 pm   Permalink

F&@#% unbelievable? Over 600.- bucks for a Tiki Bob's!??? I wonder how many are gonna pop up on e-bay now!
Congrats midnite, and, by the way, what's my kickback?
I remember a time when this mug, before it's cultural context was reveiled,was considered ugly, downright UN-Tiki by some...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-05 6:16 pm   Permalink

Tiki Bob's is my favourite mug, bar none. I wish I had one! But of course I'm only willing to pay up to 25 bucks for it - cause the optimist in me thinks I still might find one at a thrift store, and the Scots in me is just too damned cheap to pay more.

Tiki Bob is the perfect blend of 'googie' or 50's clean design with the tiki aesthetic - in a few swooping lines, he manages to convey a funky, futuristic, falernum-filled feeling. Just looking at his smiling face makes my heart go all a-twitter.

hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-05 7:16 pm   Permalink

and less then 3 weeks ago it only sold for this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=2153327517

not exactly the same but still.....

[ This Message was edited by: hula hula on 2003-02-05 19:17 ]

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-05 7:44 pm   Permalink

Hey Bigbro,
"Congrats midnite, and, by the way, what's my kickback?"

It's the Morgantown cocktail glass that should be your source for a royalty. I cannot count how many Ebay auctions I have seen that use the "holy grail" quote of yours.

Bob, the mug, has grown on me over the years, used to think it was very "un-Tiki". Tiki Bob's holds a special place in Tikidom for me, so it remains a focal point in my collection.

Now, for freaking me out-wise...that Steve Crane Assoc. "Bird of Paradise" takes the case. It is one scary chicken. Seems people want it though, yours has a good price with some time to go.

And tikifish, a Tiki Bob will come your way. May take as long as us getting a Sufferin B, but it will happen.

midnite

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-02-08 12:27 am   Permalink

Hey everyone: The SF Tiki Crawl limo bus is being paid for by the Midnites! Woo hoo!

Seriously, congrats on that. I'll be shocked if it happens again, though. Clearly the result of two insane bidders.

Remember, on the SF Tiki crawl, we'll take a quick trip to see Bob in his natural setting. He's a pleasing burgundy color now, but I have plans for a great photo of him with TC people.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-11 10:14 am   Permalink

Well, I decided to splurge, so we will not be able to pay for the Tiki Bus at the Crawl. This is a lot for us for a mug, still cannot believe we did it, fifty bones:

Mainlander Buy Now

Then again, one sold later that evening for over $100. Still, $50...just about the most we've paid for a mug.

midnite

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation