FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Don't read, just BS here! Seriously!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Don't read, just BS here! Seriously!
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 11:36 am   Permalink

Conga,

thanks!

Hopefully I'll get some carving tools pretty soon. I might have a little more time to carve after my portfolio is done in the next couple of months too.
Glad you dug the Kava Kava painting.

BenZ,

Thanks for the advice on carving and the compliment.

You're a great boon to the creating forums with all your knowledge sharing.
As far as my next project in wood, see the hint I left for Benella a couplah' posts back.

Word is bond!

S
T

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 2:55 pm   Permalink

Tiki spoon,

Moai started out as Moai/Ku hybrid, didn't wanna try to be "clever" so I carved the Ku bye bye, lil' Maori style Ku on bottom, Lono headdress/ moai topknot and Melanesian mask are all being tossed around for top , makau at bottom of piece becomes Maori tongue. I'll do the Moai head/ Ku full body hybrid next time.

Used the exacto knife (dull -- time to get new blade) and a lil' hack saw.

Maori "KU"

Thanks 4 all the support!

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-04-16 15:03 ]

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 3:25 pm   Permalink

I thought I'd draw this while it was still in my mind's eye after carving this last session. The hands will prolly go on the front of piece.

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 4:51 pm   Permalink

Damn Sneaky! Your a natural! Right on! Lovin the spoon!

Hey, did Tiki Duddy give you that camera? (JK)

Keep these coming! You are inspired by now and can't really stop now can you? Buwahahahaaa! Your hooked!

Well done!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 5:52 pm   Permalink

Mctiki

Yeah I'm "hooked"--between painting, carving wood, being Dad, working, and working on that pipe I've been doing 24 hour days, then sleep 5-6 hours and repeat. No TV for me. I HAVE to slow down a bit and address some time/ money sensitive work for awhile. I put my carvings in a drawer cus if I look at em' I pick em up and next thing 6 hr's are gone. I turn 35 tomorrow so I need to rest up for a party.

Mahaloz for the propz!

S
T

Detail:

Regards,

S
T

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-04-16 18:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2008-12-09 01:36 ]

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 9:53 pm   Permalink

Here's a side view of the latest whittlin', front view is 2 posts back. I did a lil' more to the Makau/spoon.

I'm thinking about turquoise eyes for Mr. Moai.

Back to editing photos of my work for my portfolio...joy....

Thanks,

S
T

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-04-16 21:59 ]

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-16 11:22 pm   Permalink

Clamshell Tiki and turquoise Moai. Mocked up. Took awhile to find matches for the shells and turquoise.

Mahaloz,
S
T

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 01:39 am   Permalink

Inlays done. Carved the Hei-Ku (hey Haiku!) face alot more and started in earnest on the Makau.

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 02:14 am   Permalink

Top one.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 02:44 am   Permalink

Benella,

Top one? Thanx I think!? Is that a question about the top of the pic. cuz there's no carving there ..yet?

Remember I was gonna do a Moai bust/Ku body hybrid? Well I didn't want to do too many strange things but I still put a weird dude in there. If you flip the piece upside down the Makau becomes a feather headdress and there is a warrior in gourd helmet there. The bottoms of his feet are the lower lip of the moai. I started seeing all these weird things while carving and I went with some of them... The warrior shares eyes with Hei-Ku and hands with the Moai.

G'nite,

S
T

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-04-17 02:57 ]

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 04:54 am   Permalink

Sorry Sneaky, in french "top one" means "very good" !

I forgot this would mean nothing for you
But very good concept.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 10:51 am   Permalink

Thanks Benella!
No need to apologize. I need to use my brain!

--Sneaky

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-04-17 12:38 ]

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 8:03 pm   Permalink

Working on Makau..

Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-18 8:19 pm   Permalink

Hey Sneaky- You're getting quite a nice collection of these little guys! I like the expression on Makau.

Anything happening with the Ku/Moai morph design yet?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 10:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-18 20:19, Tikidav wrote:
Hey Sneaky- You're getting quite a nice collection of these little guys! I like the expression on Makau.

Anything happening with the Ku/Moai morph design yet?

Tiki Dav,

Thanks! Glad u like the expression.

I got a new exacto knife blade so I'm really using good tools now! LOL!

My fiance got me a cheap motor and some dremel attachments for my birthday so I'll have to try it out when I get the time.

I have been working on the Ku/Moai dude but no pix yet. I dunno if it'll read as Ku at all yet. If it's not successful I'll try a bilateral division on the next one where one side is Ku and the other side is Moai. L to R.

Mad respec' Yo!

S
T

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-04-27 15:20 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation