FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 12:44 pm   Permalink

There is definite interest on the part of Waitiki for the Friday Show. We would get ourselves there and back. Just interested in the hang, and the warm-up. We're all about the warm-up!!!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSOX
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-07 12:52 pm   Permalink

Bargoyle, didn't receive a pm. Maybe it didn't go through? My email is GSTheberge@yahoo.com

thanks!

View Profile of TikiSOX Send a personal message to TikiSOX  Email TikiSOX     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 1:12 pm   Permalink

Sox, PM shows as gone through, but unread. Login & then there should be a little flashing envelope in the upper right of the screen...next to personal messages. I'll email it to ya too.

MAYOR!!!

Glad to have you aboard! I know Mr. Ho cant make it, how about the Prof & Smilin' Jimmy?

Wish I could get out to the Block next week to see ya, but too much going on to take off for an island for a few days (such is life).

You guys got any public gigs in New England after you're back from FLorida? Or is the Tiki Tour the first one? ...if thats the case, we may have to remedy that somehow.

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-06-07 13:12 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 09:46 am   Permalink

AloooooooooooooHA!!!!!

Hope those who went to Hukilau had a fun & safe journey, and welcome back to our Northeastern shores!

I figured I'd whet everyone's appetites with a quick peek at some of the Raffle items our TC vendors have been generous enough to donate.

Lets start with.......

Mugs....

Anyone out there like mugs?

Well, here's a nice Skull Monkey donated by Munktiki:

And our friends at the Farm (Tiki Farm, that is) also sent along some nice raffle items:

and

and

We also got some mugs from our buddies at Bartiki:

and

and the limited edition Bartiki logo mug as well (#89)

So, now you're saying, "But Bargoyle, what am I gonna put IN those mugs if/when I win them?"

Well, the good people at Triple 8 distillery have got you covered there (and they've even thrown in something to wear while drinking!). We've got two bottles of their Hurricane Rum, distilled right here in New England!! And that bottle on the left is a super rare vintage 2003. Good luck finding one of those in the wild!

"Zowie Bargoyle!! Thats great! I've got a mug full of rum, and I'm clothed, but what can I do to occupy my time while drinking this fine rum out of this wonderful mug?"

Dont fret! The many artisans of Tiki Central have got you covered there as well. Do you appreciate Art?

You will, after you see the wonderful hand signed prints that Sam Gambino has donated:

Whats that? You've still got some wall space that isn't covered with Tiki? Then Henrik over at VanTiki has got a super cool way to fix that. Check out the killer hand made tiki tiles he was nice enough to donate:

Or if those arent spooky enough for you, he sent these as well:

"Zoinks Bargoyle, the Tiki Central artists are amazing. I want to cover my entire house with their work"

Well, right you should!! And with the stuff donated from the Thor Stor, you'd be well on your way:

We've got a DOZEN different 11 x 14 matted prints (ready for framing)

As well as FOUR 9x18 Idol prints, and TWO canvas Idol prints!!

and, as if that wasn't enough, they also threw in a bunch of Wobblers!!

"Sweet Jeebus, Bargoyle, thats pretty cool. And I LOVE little trinkets like those wobblers"

Then boy-howdy are you in luck, as Stuff-o-Rama was kind enough to give us some cool trinkets. KeyChains...Shag Hint-mints...'fridge magnets...oh my.

and in case you can't see any of it well, they also sent along this super-swank Hula-Girl Lamp to light your way:

"Heysuess Marimba, Bargoyle. Thats quite a bit of stuff you've got to raffle off. But what about carvings? I didn't see any carvings"

Whoa, settle down there friend. We've got carvings. Flat Earth Trading has seen to that.

We've got a nice big mask for your wall

or maybe you wanna jam out on the Tiki-tar?

Or have that little bit of wall space that still needs covering?

And thats just the begining! New raffle items are comming in all the time. Some of our own NE Ohana are making special items to add to the raffle, and we havent even got into Swag!!!

And in case you were wondering, EVERYONE gets a raffle ticket with their admission to the bus.

Additional raffle tickets will be available for purchase at a reasonable price ($5 for an additional arms length of tickets, or something like that)

I cant thank all the TC vendors & Artists enough for their generosity. Please support these people with your spending money whenever you can.

See you all in August!

Bargoyle

www.northeasttikitour.com

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 10:30 am   Permalink

Simply Bodacious!!!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 10:38 am   Permalink

...as I unpack my fabulous trade and purchase goodies from Hukilau (a duffel bag full {with nothing breakable}), I'm over come with just how deeply and insanely this passion for tiki has become! the Ohana spirit there was so sweet!...and this next "fix" is not till August?!...no way! I must also create,collect and spread the mana ...Bargoyle and others are mixing up another batch of "kool aid"and I'm drinking !! holy F____ng Wow !

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 10:46 am   Permalink

OK, maybe now I am the one drinking too many mai-tais.

Was there any new discussion about arranging Friday transportation to see Waitiki for those not willing (or more accurately probably not able) to drive to and from the hotel?

If not, how far is the show from the hotel? Is it taxi-able without a huge cost? If there are others in the same boat arriving on Friday, let me know and maybe we can arrange a mini-van taxi or something.

Excellent job on the swag and thanks to all the contributors. The stuff looks unbelievable.

By the way, the Hukilau was a good time and there was talk of the NE tour. In fact I was able to meet others coming along - looking forward to catching up and raising another drink or two.

In fact, here's a picture of me with my Mai Kai mystery bowl. Yes, I am an idiot, staring at the bowl and not the girl, but it was hot and I was thirsty.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 11:27 am   Permalink

Hory Clap, Bargoyle! Dat sum swank schwag dere! If I weren't already coming to play, I'd come just to ogle da mugz! And the Gambino prints, and the trinkets, and some of the other things, not to forget the drinks, but...

Can't wait!!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 11:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-19 10:46, leisure master wrote:
OK, maybe now I am the one drinking too many mai-tais.

Was there any new discussion about arranging Friday transportation to see Waitiki for those not willing (or more accurately probably not able) to drive to and from the hotel?

If not, how far is the show from the hotel? Is it taxi-able without a huge cost? If there are others in the same boat arriving on Friday, let me know and maybe we can arrange a mini-van taxi or something.

Friday is the HuKeLau Polynesian Show. Waitiki will be attending (some of em at least) but not performing.

Right now I have a bus reserved to drive us from The Super 8 to the HuKeLau on friday night. Anyone who wants in on the HuKeLau Bus is gonna have to shell out an additional $25 ea, and the bus will be leaving the Super8 at 4.30 on friday afternoon. We need at least 20 people or it doesnt happen.

This will be the cheapest way to get to the show from the hotel. A cab will cost at least triple that, each way. Its about 1.5 hr drive, so refreshments WILL be served on the bus (Mai Tais, I think), and with the way the Huke mixes drinks, us bus people will probably be the only drunk ones at the show!

So, at last run through, the people who wanted a friday Hukelau bus were:
Bargoyle+1
Pappy
Johnman+1
Granite+1
Leisure +1
Martiki-bird+1
Tikicat+1
Paige+1

So, thats 15. Anyone else staying at the super 8 on firday night who wants in? Primo? Thunderlips? 5 more and we are go.

velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 12:23 pm   Permalink

Wow, amazing stuff! I'm already excited for this!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 1:10 pm   Permalink

Unbelievable! Great job getting all that swag!

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 6:16 pm   Permalink

Nice gathering on the glorious prizes Bargoyle!

Miss and I are in for the bus on Friday night.

[ This Message was edited by: johnman 2007-06-19 18:55 ]

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 10:00 am   Permalink

holy crap! what a haul. nicely done!

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 1:01 pm   Permalink

um, is there any way to buy raffle tickets if circumstances have occurred that make it impossible for you to attend the tour but want to support the effort?

hmmm?

..sb

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 8:21 pm   Permalink

Since the Sat. bus is sold out, I am wondering if it is possible to hit the last couple of stops by car including the Waitiki concert, and stay at the motel, or if this participation is only possible via signing up for the now sold-out bus package.

Thanks,
Kiki
P.S. It IS the weekend right before my birthday!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation