FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-23 1:22 pm   Permalink

Hey Kiki,

I'm sorry but we cant allow any bus following, or meeting up at "just one stop" mainly for legal reasons. The liability for those on the bus falls squarely on myself, the bus company, and the restaurants, but there's a measure of control in that all of us will be on the bus and monitored. If you're not on the bus, you're not monitored, but the restaurants & I would still be sue-able entities. I just cant have that.

Also, I think it would dilute the experience for you by just following us. We've got alot planned for the rides between stops, including the raffle items, swag, cocktails, entertainment, etc.

And lastly, it certainly doesn't seem fair to those who have paid their way that others can "crash" the party.

I'm working on the logistics of adding a second bus to the tour, and while its a longshot, I wouldn't rule it out completely.

This is the first of (hopefully) many of these tours and in the future we'll be hitting places in NY & NJ as well. Also, with the amazing response we've received, I'm thinking it may even run twice a year.

I hope you understand, and be sure to sign up for the Waiting List on the web site. It helps us guage interest in a second bus, and those who don't make it on and are on the list will get first crack at seats for the next one.

Mahalo

Bargoyle

www.northeasttikitour.com

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-23 6:25 pm   Permalink

That does make sense! Thanks for the thorough reply. Hope you guys have an awesome time!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 1:20 pm   Permalink

Ok folks, we've only got 14 people who want/need a bus from the Super8 to the HuKeLau in Chicopee on Friday night. The bus cost is $500 (cheaper than a limo). That works out to $36 each !!! Yikes!!

Can people live with that number? Obviously, the more people on the bus, the less the cost.

If it comes down to it, I can look into renting a Passenger Van and getting a buddy to drive it...or I can stay sober for the night & drive it, but we're still looking at a few hundred bucks and can only tote about 10 or 12 people, so it'll still be $25 to $30 a head.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 2:26 pm   Permalink

Ok, ignore the above message.

I rented the passenger van. It'll be $15 a head and I'll be your driver for the evening. Tips gladly accepted!

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-07-03 05:25 ]

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 07:41 am   Permalink

Ok folks, only two (2) spots left on the passenger van from the hotel to the HuKeLau for the Friday night show! (Those of you who got the Bargoyle Express email are counted & on)

So, if anyone else is doing the full NE Tiki Experience, and needs a lift, speak up now!!

Also, to those who are staying at the hotel Friday night, the night does not end with the HuKeLau show......

Primo Kimo has stepped to the plate & been the first to officially open his room to the Tiki Drink Round Robin. He'll have Mai Tais, and a second drink too (I think). He's gonna be in charge of the late night festivities on Friday.

Any other takers out there? Let me know if you want in, and what cocktail you'll be making (we'll try to not have duplicates)!

leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 4:48 pm   Permalink

Great call on the round robin - we are in. Drink(s) to be advised after we peruse the grog log.

Is there an estimate of how many people staying over on Friday so we make sure to get enough booze?

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 7:10 pm   Permalink

<quote>Primo Kimo has stepped to the plate & been the first to officially open his room to the Tiki Drink Round Robin.
</quote>

Fabulous! We're in, but I'll have to confer with Da Man as to what we'll be serving...

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-08 8:16 pm   Permalink

Count us in for the round robin too! I'll need to spend some time in the lab to determine what I'm bringing...

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-09 06:31 am   Permalink

OK, I am sure everyone has been unable to sleep, waiting to learn what other drinks will be in the round robin.....

After a long, grueling weekend literally pouring through the bum's books (we don't have the new one yet - damn that slow boat from China that didn't make it to the Hukilau), we proudly (but quietly due to the hangover, please) announce that whatever room we are in will be serving JUNGLE BIRDS.

But not this kind (unless they are at least 21)...

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 03:26 am   Permalink

Who are these six fearsome devils? They're the gifts were leaving behind at each stop on the Northeast Tiki Tour. You see, we're not just about drinking and fraternizing with famous musicians. Oh, no. We're also about furthering Tiki and nothing says "tiki" like a tiki so we're gonna give one to each stop. Next year, they'll be one more tiki to visit and enjoy.

How can we afford to be so generous? Three words: Buy raffle tickets.

Let me also say again how awesome everyone has been. The generosity of our Tour Friends has been stunning. Also humbling. We're humbly stunned. Only 43 more days!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 3:13 pm   Permalink

Please feel free to PM me with your drink selections and Yes I believe it to be good to know how many will be staying over Friday night and how many will like to mix their finest.

Friday Night Motel Mixer:

Participant -- Drink Offering

Bargolye + 1 -- Designated Drinkers (not an actual drink) on duty 24-7
Primo Kimo + 1 -- Mai Tai and 'Forbidden Island's' Pirate Grog *11:00pm - 11:30pm*
Leisure Master and Birdgirl -- Jungle Birds *11:30pm - 12:00am*
Martiki-bird + 1 -- Rum Tropical (with homemade Falernum) zoiks! *12:00am - 12:30am*
Johnman -- Jaded Passion *12:30am - 1:00am*
Thunderlips + 1 -- Tongolala *1:00am - 1:30am*

These are just general times so that everyone can enjoy their cocktails in a slightly organized fashion. It may move more quickly or more slowly depending on the participants. The bus doesn't leave until 11:45am on Saturday so we should have plently of fun time. Wow this will be like a mini Tiki Oasis room crawl. Awesome!

Saturday Night Motel Mixer:

If we still need more consumption opportunities. I can't imagine we will but...
Primo Kimo + 1 -- Mai Tai (it maybe self serve, however;)

[ This Message was edited by: Primo Kimo 2007-08-14 13:21 ]

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-13 9:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-12 03:26, pappythesailor wrote:
How can we afford to be so generous? Three words: Buy raffle tickets.

can folks from afar buy raffle tickets? i cant be there in person, but would love to support you ~ by spending! let me know if that works for you, i'd be happy to pay the shipping costs for ALL the prizes i win...

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-14 05:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

can folks from afar buy raffle tickets? i cant be there in person, but would love to support you ~ by spending! let me know if that works for you, i'd be happy to pay the shipping costs for ALL the prizes i win...

I PMed you.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-14 07:03 am   Permalink

What if it rains on the day of the bus tour? How will we keep the rainwater out of our cocktails?

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 08:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-13 21:44, dogbytes wrote:

ABSOLUTELY!!!! And we'll even be honest about it (not like that time I went to Vegas & Dave was like "dude, bet this on black for me when you pass a roulette table" and he gave me $20 and I was all like "sure Dave" but I knew that dave had just donated $20 to my vacation and I was just gonna tell him he lost)

So, yeah...anyway, Raffle Tickets!!!!!

They're a buck a piece, and $10 gets you 12 of em. Every attendee gets 1 with their swag-bag, then additional tickets can be bought at ANY time throughout the day.

We've got some more stuff in, and more arrives every day (Will post some more pics soon)!! And every ticket sold helps to offset the cost of the tour, and ensure future tours (and Tikis, as Pappy pointed out).

For those not attending but wishing to purchase some tickets, please pm me and I'll get info off to you. The cost of shipping any won items will be the winners responsibility, but I've got a pretty good UPS discount that I'll pass along.

See ya next month!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation