FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 12:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-05 16:48, leisure master wrote:
Is there an estimate of how many people staying over on Friday so we make sure to get enough booze?

Best guess right now is 17, although I won't be around too late on Friday (too much to do Saturday morning for the tour...early up for the Bargoyle).

And along those lines, Jess & I will be making Mai Tais & Planter's Punch (Tonga Room Recipe) in massive quantities for the bus tour...now, if during the Round Robin people want to make sure we're mixing them right, by drinking a few....well, I see no harm in that heh heh.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-23 2:46 pm   Permalink

Ok, I think we're up to about 20 people staying over on friday. Nice turnout!!

Also, the "Bargoyle Express" van from the SUper8 to the Huke and back is now full.

We're about a month away now...anyone else as excited as I am?

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-23 5:30 pm   Permalink

No. Yeah. I dunno. I guess so.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 11:20 am   Permalink

Man, I can barely stand the excitement!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 9:19 pm   Permalink

Bargoyle - I'm mega-excited man! This summer has been just been moving incredibly fast. I'm hoping it stalls during the tour so it's not too much of a blur. Then again I'm hoping there's at least a slight blur...

BTW - I should have the top secret bus video acquired soon. I'll PM ya once the transfer is successful.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 03:38 am   Permalink

Someone has also donated a bottle of Lemon Hart 151 to the Tour Raffle. Don't forget to bring some extra buckaroos to buy raffle tickets!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 06:11 am   Permalink

Unfortunately, I saw this too late to sign up, but I'll be there next year from NYC.

I would love to go to the Hu Ke Lau. I grew up in Rocky Hill CT, and there was a Hu Ke Lau there (same owners) that went out of business about 30 years ago. In the early 70s, when I was in high school, my buddy played keyboards with the house band that also did the fire dances- Duke and the Samoans. Although he was 16 at the time, he was a brilliant keyboard player. I used to hang out there and even though we were underaged, they served us tiki drinks (tthe drinking age was 17 then)- you couldn't get away with that these days.

How cool was that- hanging out in a tiki bar in high school?

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 12:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-26 03:38, pappythesailor wrote:
Someone has also donated a bottle of Lemon Hart 151 to the Tour Raffle. Don't forget to bring some extra buckaroos to buy raffle tickets!

Holy Schwag, Bat Man! That's damn near the best news I've had all week! Thanks to the generous benefactors and underwriters of this great event! It's a good thing someone else is doing all the driving, so I can focus on the drinking!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 1:05 pm   Permalink

There are a few seats freed up on the Tour. I'm working my way down the waiting list to offer them to the people who signed up.

Please watch your email for the seat offer. I can only wait a day or so to hear from you before I have to move on & offer the seats to the next person.

See ya on the tour!!

www.northeasttikitour.com

Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-06 08:06 am   Permalink

18 DAYS LEFT!!! WOO-HOO!

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 1:19 pm   Permalink

All seats are re-accounted for. Sorry to those who wont be joining us, and congrats to those who made it from waiting to riding status.

Just a reminder, if you're not staying over at the super8 on friday night, please try to get to the hotel EARLY on saturday morning to get checked in. The bus rolls at 11:45.

See ya there!!

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 12:57 pm   Permalink

Pappy, there can't be MORE raffle items--can there??? Oh yes! The friends for the Northeast Tiki Tour are many (and wonderful). Just look at some of the stuff you can win if you buy some raffle tickets:

More mugs from Rum Demon!

The hottest CD of the summer (2 chances to win--oh, mama!)

A custom mug from Helztiki! (ok--we haven't gotten a peek at it yet)

Thanks again to all the Friends of the Northeast Tiki Tour.

Only two weeks 'til the Tour!

--Pappy

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 1:42 pm   Permalink

But wait! There's more!!

Pappy, you forgot to mention the KILLER T from Crazy Al, special items donated by fellow attendees, and so so much more (that I wish I had pics of to post)!

Now how much would you pay???

Act now, operators are standing by. Mention offer code TIKI7 and recieve a FREE swizzle stick!!

Remember, tickets are a buck a piece, but $10 gets you 12 of em.

Thats 2 free tickets folks!! Thats 12 for the price of 10!!

And $20 gets you 24 tickets!!! Just think of what you could do with that many tickets!! I dont even wanna mention what $30 gets you (36 tickets), its just too much to handle!!!

Available in one easy installment. On size fits most.

Call us direct...Call us collect...but call us TODAYYYYY!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-08-10 13:43 ]

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 1:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Pappy, you forgot to mention the KILLER T from Crazy Al, special items donated by fellow attendees, and so so much more (that I wish I had pics of to post)!

It's just I had never seen a t-shirt carved out of a palm tree before and I wanted to keep it. People would be all like 'You know Crazy Al?' and I'd be all like 'Oh, yeah'.

Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 1:59 pm   Permalink

Crazy Al carved me a fake id.

..sb

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation