FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-10 2:04 pm   Permalink

Is that the one where you looked like a giant Krimpet?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 2:05 pm   Permalink

Crazy Al is actually made of wood (like Pinocchio, I guess) .... Question is , did he carve himself? I'm sure he wood, if he could.

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 4:54 pm   Permalink

When do I NOT look like a giant krimpet?

..sb

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ootwoods
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-10 5:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-10 16:54, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
When do I NOT look like a giant krimpet?

..sb

The butterscotch ones? or the ones filled with jelly?

View Profile of ootwoods Send a personal message to ootwoods      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-14 1:01 pm   Permalink

AlooooooooooHA Tiki Tourees!!!

Just over a week to go!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ok, a few things you should bring with you:

1) Money...and lots of it. Even though most of the bars will take a charge card, its ALOT easier at each place if you just pay cash for your drinks when served. Its what I told most of the bars we'd be doing, and they seemed alot happier doing that rather than running 50 checks thru the credit card machine! Plus it'll save time when its time to hit the next joint!

2) ID. Yeah, that's right, even you. Picture ID, preferably a drivers license. No one gets on the bus without one. I'll be checking them ALL, even those of us who are old farts like me. No ID...no Bus...no exceptions.

3) A cel phone (if you have one). I'll be giving my number out before the bus leaves. Put it in your cel. If anything happens and I'm not in the immediate area, call me (I may be outside, at the bus, making an ice run, "resting my eyes" in the alley behind the bar, etc)

4) A sense of Humor & a sense of Adventure. Even though its listed at #4, FUN is the number ONE priority of the tour. Hopefully we'll hit a few places you've never been before, and meet some great new people along the way. Also, some of the A/V material on the bus may not be politically correct by today's standards(then again, neither is Tiki), but are only meant to entertain. If B&w films of hula girls from the 40s & 50s offend you.....then what the hell are you doing on our bus!?!?!?

5) Even more money to buy a TON of Raffle tickets!!!! heh heh. We kind of went waaaaay over budget with some of the freebies & handouts everyone is gonna get, so we're hoping to close the deficit with raffle ticket sales. We've got some pretty amazing stuff to give away, so help us out by buying a bunch!

Also, please take a minute to review the Rules page on the website. They might just save your life!!
http://www.northeasttikitour.com/rules.htm

Any questions/comments please feel free to PM me.

Big Mahaloz to all who are participating, and I'll see you in 9 days!!

The Bargolye

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-08-14 13:48 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-14 5:12 pm   Permalink

What? MORE raffle items?? Is this some kind of grand scheme to get us to buy raffle tickets to support the NETT? You betcha. Lemme tell ya, a conservative estimate of the cash value of all the raffle items over a thousand buckaroos and it's all GOOD STUFF! Like the latest additions: The Fiji Board Game:

Details here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/155182

and the Game of Easter Island!

details here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/146157

What better way to while away the hours 'til next year's Tour than with a good old board game?

Remember, you can see all the raffle items up for grabs by visiting: http://northeasttikitour.com/

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kollektor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 06:54 am   Permalink

New England tikiphiles --- I noticed a Witco Tiki bar on ebay for pickup only in Mass:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190141125349&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

View Profile of Tiki Kollektor Send a personal message to Tiki Kollektor  Goto the website of Tiki Kollektor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 08:18 am   Permalink

What the hey--I'll bid. Thanks!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 2:04 pm   Permalink

Hey Bargoyle and Pappy - 1 question..... I reserved a room at the "official" NE Tiki Tour Motel for Friday and Saturday Night. Are our rooms in a special block or should I call them to be sure to have them put me near the rest of the 'tour guests'? I did mention the NETT, but don't want to be stuck in east bufu - gotta be near the happy people! Whatever, I'll be happy!

Taking two trains and a taxi just to get to the event - phew! but I'll be there on Friday night for room to room fun! Not going to the Hukelau however - saving my money for raffle tix!

Also are there any walk-to restaurants for friday nite or sat breakfast near the fabulous Super 8? Have we thought about a local joint for a Sunday morning hangover breakfast?

Can't wait for this awesome event! Great great job on the raffle! Wowie!

[ This Message was edited by: jpmartdog 2007-08-15 14:26 ]

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-17 08:55 am   Permalink

Hey JPM,

There's a few things in walking distance. That part of rte 1 is pretty full of resteraunts & stores.

Details on Sunday brunch are being worked out this weekend. Will announce on monday.

Cant wait to see everyone this weekend!

AloooooooooooooooooooooooooHAAAA!!!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-17 09:26 am   Permalink

We are really looking forward to this event.
What with all the trying to sell the house, we need a break!!! Traci hasn't been working, so she needs interaction with other people.

it's also her birthday on the 23rd, so this is partially her birthday trip. We are going to take Monday off too, and go over to Cape Cod Sunday.

so again, if anyone wants to buy a really nice little place in Portland that already has a tiki bar in the basement, let me know!

..sb

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-18 5:29 pm   Permalink

Hey SBiM - I'll buy the tiki bar. Think the new homeowners will mind a tikiphile in the basement?

Another note - I was at a birthday party for my son's best friend today and brought up the NETT. When I mentioned the Bali Hai I was informed that they just completed some renovations. Hope they haven't toned the place down any. Or perhaps it was in our honor??? We'll see!

Also they just put up sound barriers on 128 and supposedly you can't see the Bali Hai's A-frame anymore. Bummer! I'm heading up to NH this weekend with the family so I'll check out the view. We're going to Story Land and Santa's Village - woo hoo! (shoot me please!).

See everyone in less than a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-18 8:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-18 17:29, johnman wrote:

Also they just put up sound barriers on 128 and supposedly you can't see the Bali Hai's A-frame anymore.

Like the place wasnt hard enough to get to already!!

Actually they were doing that construction last time Pappy & I were there. With all the bulldozers & equipment out front, we thought the place was about to be demolished!!

I just hope their "renovations" didnt mean pulling out even more of the tiki decor.

See everyone in a few days!

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-19 12:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I just hope their "renovations" didnt mean pulling out even more of the tiki decor.

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh! Think good thoughts. The Mon Kou just "re-tiki'd", maybe we can hope for the same thing here.

Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-19 1:30 pm   Permalink

Well it's official! I am the biggest procrastinator in the bunch. Just so everyone knows I got the last room at the Hotel! Less than a week to go!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation