FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 06:29 am   Permalink

For JPM (and anyone else who was interested) Stuff to eat near the motel:

- Applebees (Walking Distance)
- Subway (Walking Distance)
- Longhorn Steakhouse (1 mile)
- Panera Bread (1 mile)
- Golden Panda (2 miles)
- Hearth and Kettle (2 miles)
- pub99 (2 miles)
- Ruby Tuesdays (2 miles)
- TGI Fridays (2 miles)
- UNO (2 miles)
- Burger King (3 miles)
- McDonalds (3 miles)
- Ponderosa (3 miles)
- Taco Bell (3 miles)
- Spumonis Italian and Seafood (4 miles)

There are also a few nice greasy-spoon joints up rte 1.

I'm torn between one of those and the IHOP for Sunday Hang-Over Brunch. Any thoughts?

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 09:05 am   Permalink

I Vote for IHOP!!!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 09:51 am   Permalink

Hey Folks,

Since I'm unable to make the tour, I just freed up my reserved room at the Motel 6. Get it while you can...

Have fun, be safe, and PARTY!!!!

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 09:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-20 09:51, Bogielocks wrote:
Hey Folks,

Since I'm unable to make the tour, I just freed up my reserved room at the Motel 6. Get it while you can...

Have fun, be safe, and PARTY!!!!

Rick

Ummm, you mean Super8, right? Are you partying already Rick?? SOrry you cant make it man. Next one for sure.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 11:21 am   Permalink

Definitely IHOP for hangovers.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 11:48 am   Permalink

IHOP is like a 15 to 20 minute drive. Its on rte 44. Everyone still down with the IHOP? I mean it IS international. And its also in an A-Frame....

But driving 20 minutes while it feels like an alien baby is trying to kick, claw, & eat its way out of your frontal lobe isn't always the easiest task. And the sunlight....oooo...that light makes the brain-baby angry.

I'm all for it. Dont get me wrong. If I'm too hurtin, I'll just make Jess drive

velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 1:23 pm   Permalink

I guess in our case it depends on 15-20 minutes in which direction, what time it is and how we feel, since we have to get back to NY!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 2:50 pm   Permalink

Yowch!

Mapquest shows it as 28 minutes away.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&un=m&cl=EN&ct=NA&rsres=1&1ffi=&1l=&1g=&1pl=&1v=&1n=&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&1pn=&1a=787+South+Washington+Street&1c=north+attleboro&1s=ma&1z=&2pn=&2a=235+Route+44&2c=Raynham&2s=MA&2z=&r=f

too far?

I'll find something more local. I like the idea of a bunch of "walking dead" tikiphiles taking over the IHOP, but it might look even better in a diner. "braaaaaaaiiiiiins"

velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 3:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I'll find something more local. I like the idea of a bunch of "walking dead" tikiphiles taking over the IHOP, but it might look even better in a diner. "braaaaaaaiiiiiins"

You just gave me a chuckle, since I happen to be preparing Zombie Tamale Pie at this very moment...

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 10:06 pm   Permalink

the adventure of a less than corp. style "spoon" sounds so much better .....like a beehive hairdo and something marinated the night before in grandma's own special drippings!......Yeah! 3 over easy ,strip steak and grits with jam! hummmmm good

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 08:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

[.....like a beehive hairdo and something marinated the night before in grandma's own special drippings!......

There's something sooooo wrong, yet so right about that statement!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-22 07:58 am   Permalink

Jill & I are in for pancakes... unless I'm unconscious, in which case Jill's in for pancakes

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 08:14 am   Permalink

we are in for whatever brunch turns out to be.
Traci and I are then going to head over to Cape Cod for an extra day.

Tomorrow (8/23) is her birthday, so this whole Tiki Tour/Cape Cod thing is what we are doing for it.

--sb

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-22 08:29 am   Permalink

Pancakes? It's Boston, I thought breakfast would be clam chowder or beans?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 11:07 am   Permalink

That's "chowdah"! Chowdah! I'll kill you! I'll kill all of you. Say it right!
Oops. Sorry. I like Farina.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation