FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 12:59 pm   Permalink

ice machine IS on site....but you may want to bring some in as well (not a very large machine)

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 5:08 pm   Permalink

hey now from the HuKeLau. good job bargoyle

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 5:30 pm   Permalink

he even got Slim Jim Fantom and the drummer from the Patridge Family to play. Totally awesome!

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 5:59 pm   Permalink

Wow, live from the Huke Lau... Hi Everyone, sounds like you are having fun! Aloha & See you tomorrow!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 7:41 pm   Permalink

Oh YEAH ! Tiki Cat 67 and Hula Cat were late for the bus in Attleboro we went to the after crawling thru traffic caused by an accident and had to adjust ....we went just up the road to the MOST non tiki Polynesian restaurant ever .we imagined it into one of those makeover shows and were amazed at how great it became ! food was passable...large screen TV w/football(at least it was the Pats),loud country juckbox , a free solitary pool table and a sorta OK scorpion bowl....and the prospect of the tour and more tomorrow!

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 7:46 pm   Permalink

Tour Report!
With your Tour Reporter, Pappy D. Sailor

Our very own Leisure Master will want to remember this night....

SEE IT!

(must have Quicktime player)

I give him a lot of credit. There wasn't enough alcohol consumed at our whole table to get me up there.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-25 2:45 pm   Permalink

so many pupus so little time. live from the extraordinary Waitiki performance at the halfway point of NETT. wish you were her, er here.

Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-26 05:49 am   Permalink

WOW. What an awesome time. Thanks one meelion to Bargoyle & all complicit parties for putting this on.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 03:23 am   Permalink

Awesome, absolutely awesome time. Many thanks to Bargoyle and Pappy for the extraordinary job of organizing this event.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 03:54 am   Permalink

Thank you so much to Bargoyle, Pappy and everyone else who helped to put on such an amazing event! Thank you also to WAITIKI for giving us such a great show, to Hula Cat for the lovely bracelets and everyone who donated prizes. We had the best time. I'm ready to go again!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 04:32 am   Permalink

I can't seem to post pics to TC right now bit I do want to make a post this morning.

Thanks to everyone for not only coming, but for being helpful, being friendly and making an instant community. Without question, the best 50 people I've ever been locked up all day with!

Thanks a million to the Friends of the Tour. Please patronize the artists and vendors who donated stuff. I hate to single out one but Thor--you're generosity had everyone floored. Thank you! There's no way there would be a Tour next year without the help of our Tour Friends.

http://northeasttikitour.com/friends.htm

Thanks too to Beth and Rain and Tiki Cat for their special donations!

Let's give Sully the biggest hand. He fronted all the money for this shindig and it's only by his hard work this came off.

Thanks to anyone who helped and no one's thanked them yet! (OK, that's lame but better than nothing.)

I had a blast and I sincerely hope everyone else did too. Gooo Tour!

...and if anyone came home with a black Bali Hai mug and menu by accident, could they PM me?

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thunderlips
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 04:45 am   Permalink

Still trying to piece together the sequence of events but one thing's for sure - we had a wonderful time!

Lotsa laffs, lotsa fried, citrus, something about a mug, burlap...

It was a pleasure hanging out with all of you. What a fun bunch! Round Robin was a blast. People went all out. Hope to get together again real soon.

Huge thanks to Bargoyle, Pappy, & everyone who assisted and those who donated prizes.

Let me get in one last "WOO-HOO!"

U.S. TOUR next?

View Profile of Thunderlips Send a personal message to Thunderlips  Goto the website of Thunderlips     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 06:21 am   Permalink

Soooo much fun...... Soooooo much rum........
6 of the greatest polynesian/tiki rooms in one state!
50 of the greatest people I know, all on one bus!

Unbelievably good time - thank you Bargoyle and Pappy and everyone!

I'll post pics as soon as the TC glitch is worked out!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 06:52 am   Permalink

AloooooooooooooooHA!!!!

Ok, its Monday morning and I'm STILL feeling hungover. Or maybe its just a mild concussion from smacking my melon on the bus one too many times!!

Once again, thanks to everyone who donated or lent a hand in bringing it all together, but I also want to thank everyone for just coming & having a good time.

An event like this is what YOU make of it, and we were lucky enough to have 50 great people who made it an absolutely amazing couple of days.

So, Mahalo to all for not only coming, but participating.

We got off to a rocky start, but after that, when I finally stopped stressing, I had a great time. So, thank you, all of you, for making my day.

Great to see old friends, great to make new ones. Hopefully we'll get some pics up here soon.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen of Everything

Posted: 2007-08-27 06:58 am   Permalink

The First Annual NE Tiki Tour was so much fun! See, now that I've written 'First Annual' publicly, it means it needs to keep going.....

Thanks so much to Bargoyle & Pappy all those who were generous with their on-board cocktails, swag, music & raffle items- it was a real treat! And on top of that, I met some really great people.

Aloha!

QoE

View Profile of Queen of Everything Send a personal message to Queen of Everything      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation