FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Events Ľ Ľ Other Events Ľ Ľ Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 07:27 am   Permalink

I am still here in Cape Cod (reveling in the resignation of Gonzales) stretching out the weekend of the Tiki Tour to a long weekend of fun.

I really must give great huge enormous monstrous kudos to Pappy and Bargoyle for doing all the logistics and fronting money, all the people who donated stuff (at least Beth got a bunch back through the raffle) and all the restaurants for putting up with us.

and a standing ovation for our bus driver for dealing with us, especially all the forced U-turns!

this was a great event and I hope we can keep it going.

--sb

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 07:34 am   Permalink

Fun beyond words!

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!! Especially to Bargoyle and pappythesailor!

I can't imagine any other situation or time in my life where I met so many people at once, and almost immediately knew I could consider them friends!

I know that as the months and years stream along, we're going to have a LOT of fun!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-27 07:45 am   Permalink

M-A-H-A-L-O!!

Mahalo nui loa to Pappy and Bargoyle for all of your hard work. It paid off in spades as we all had a blast and will be eagerly anticipating next year's tour. Thanks also to the folks who donated raffle prizes and swag, it really helped make this fledgling event special. Speaking of special....shout out to best bunch of bus buddies anyone could ask for.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-27 07:47 am   Permalink

Mahalo nui loa! This weekend was unbelievable! Here's hoping I can meet up with ALL of you before next year. Mucho thanks to Bargoyle, Pappy and everyone else who helped make the first tour unforgettable.

Here are a few pics to tide everyone over:
http://www.graphicsworkshop.net/tiki/

-Paige

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 07:50 am   Permalink

ALright!!! Pics!!! Thanks Paige!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 07:55 am   Permalink

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks to The Granite Tiki and Bargoyle for all the planning and hard work that went into the NETT. I must say that it really really showed. I couldn't see ANY of glitches that Bargoyle mentioned, and the bus being late isn't anyone's fault except for the traffic. I thought it was very smooth and well run.

Everyone was so fun and generous with their stuff, the round robin room crawl, the sponsors, the Waitiki concert, and the participants who donated extra raffle prizes.

I'd also like to give special thanks to MartikiBird and Mr Martikibird (what was his new tiki name? Loogie Something?) for their kindness and generosity and especially for the ride from New Jersey!

I know there were a lot of camera shots going around so I'm looking forward to a lot of pictures!

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 08:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-27 06:58, Queen of Everything wrote:
The First Annual NE Tiki Tour was so much fun!

ANNUAL??

Oh man, that sux to think about waiting so long to do this again.

But the worst thing about a good time is the end, so let us all remember this trip for the upcoming year so that the good times shall never end!

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen of Everything

Posted: 2007-08-27 08:39 am   Permalink

I only mentioned 'Annual' because I know most of our livers couldn't survive monthly tiki tours...and I, for one, do enough damage at home!

View Profile of Queen of Everything Send a personal message to Queen of Everything      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 08:47 am   Permalink

Aloooha NETT ohana!

What an incredible weekend! Many, many thanks to Bargoyle and Pappy (and everyone else who pitched in) for organizing an incredible weekend; to all the folks who donated prizes and otherwise supported the Tour; to Primo Kimo for organizing the Friday Motel Mixer; to all the hosts who opened their rooms with much aloha spirit; to Waitiki for a grooviní show; to Hula Cat for the swank stuff; and to all the wonderful Ohana who indulged us in our picture-taking mania (photos to come very soon.)

Awesome. Truly awesome.

I donít think Iíve ever met a group of more fun, generous and genuinely nice folks and we hope to see more of you all. (Our hale is always open to fellow TCers, just PM us to make sure we're around.)
Bargoyle, you were grace under pressure, and Iím sure Iím not alone when I say that I canít wait until next year! Mahalo nui loa!

Martiki-bird (a.k.a Gina), busily going through 300+ photos

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 08:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-27 08:47, Martiki-bird wrote:
Bargoyle, you were grace under pressure

You sure you're thinking of the right guy?? I've got about 8 mystery bruises (mostly from attempting to stand on the bus, I assume) that say grace & I dont see eye to eye!!! lol.

Thanks for the compliments, and thanks for the hang & opening your room during the crawl. I expect you to be front & center on the next one!!

Now lets see dem pics!!!

Also, a shout to everyone...I need HI-REZ versions of everyone's pictures. You can compress them & upload to my ftp site, or mail me a cd or whatever. pm me.

Why do I need them???? Why, for an article in TIKI MAGAZINE about the tour, of course!! So, pick out your best photos & get em to me. You may wind up published!!

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-08-27 09:26 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 09:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

Now lets see dem pics!!!

I'm gonna e-mail you some today...

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Looie Kalua
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-27 09:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-27 07:55, paranoid123 wrote:
MartikiBird and Mr Martikibird (what was his new tiki name? Loogie Something?)

That would be me - Damian. I only just officially joined.

Thanks to everybody for making it such a fun time! This morning, Martikibird and I were already plotting fun round robin activities for next year, so let's maintain the enthusiasm, people! More East Coast activities, more meeting new people and putting faces to familiar names.

View Profile of Looie Kalua Send a personal message to Looie Kalua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 09:37 am   Permalink

Here's just a few of the 8000 pics I took, (most of the others are blurry, and suck)
but, here's a few of my favs!

Friday night round robin at the super 8. Who knew the rooms came with tiki bars! Primos room - Wow!Bargoyle approves!

JungleBird's room and the amazing mugs she made for us all!

Receiving our swag bags, buying raffle tix and waiting for the bus

The amazing raffle items, loved by all. Everyone's generosity is amazing!

My view on the bus - with our emcee and host.... Bargoyle!

First stop for the "AA" bus - The Mon Kou

Everyone dressed in their finest! Hula Cat and Tiki Cat look lovely

..and when your finished with that pineapple... peel me a grape!

JungleBird,Kate,Granite Tiki and Leisure master!

We saw sooo many beautiful murals! Waitiki's in da house!

Amazing levitation at the Bali Hai - Eat your heart out Chris Angel!

the debris field at the Kowloon! Kowloon Rum!

As the bus pulls away,our waitress blows the conch shell, alerting the locals that it is safe to return to the bar!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 09:46 am   Permalink

Click on this...... it's a movie of the interior of the South Pacific in Newton Mass.
it's a little dark but gives a glimpse into their amazing room and our amazing northeast TCers

Speaking with the owner of the South Seas, he told me how the entire restaurant was once as beautifully crafted but through the recent years the difficulty with maintaining and cleaning the decor, and continue requests from the customers for brighter decor has convinced them to tear out the polynesia and go for the wallpaper and formica. He assured me that they now understand what they have in this back room and are determined to keep it intact! I said, "I'll drink to that!"

[ This Message was edited by: jpmartdog 2007-08-27 09:58 ]

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 09:47 am   Permalink

OK. Try these:

http://www.telechron.net/temp/tour/

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation