FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-27 09:50 am   Permalink

Lookin' at these pics sure beats work! Keep 'em coming!

So it wasn't all a rum-induced hallucination...

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kristiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-27 10:04 am   Permalink

I had such a fabulous time that I signed up just so I could say thanks to everyone, especially Bargoyle, Pappy the Sailor, Waitiki, the friends & sponsors, and Primo, who gifted me with a mug. Thanks everyone!

View Profile of kristiki Send a personal message to kristiki  Goto the website of kristiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 10:11 am   Permalink

Indeed, a marvelous time! Who sez there's no Tiki up here? It's not what's on the wall, what's on your plate, or in your mug (assuming they serve it in an actual mug), it's the company you share it with!

This was a quality gathering, and something I look forward to again!

Big Mahaloz to Bargoyle, Pappy, Granite, Primo, Hula Cat, jpmartdog, Tiki Mortis (my assigned seat buddy on the bus), Velveteen Lounge, Rugbymatt, Tikisgirl, all the sponsors, and people who made it so much fun either by contributing in some monetary, swag, or elbow grease capacity, or just by being fun to be with. Next time lets get more serious about the drinking though!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 10:14 am   Permalink

most of my pictures are blurry (just like me after my second drink) and/or repeated subject matter, but here are a few that look halfway decent:

starting out:

pineapple drink:

the south pacific:

mon kou:

on the bus (pappy looks a little tired):

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 10:51 am   Permalink

I'm so disappointed I missed the festivities!!! You folks even made the Herald!! That's something. I can't wait for next year's. I'm not backing out this time, regardless of what comes up!

Cheers!

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen of Everything

Posted: 2007-08-27 12:35 pm   Permalink

Shout out to the back of the bus!

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb287/queenofe/Northeast%20Tiki%20Tour%202007/TheBackoftheBus.jpg

View Profile of Queen of Everything Send a personal message to Queen of Everything      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 1:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-27 10:51, Bogielocks wrote:
You folks even made the Herald!! That's something.

Made the Herald? Any more details on this? An article? Pictures? Today's Herald?? ?? ??

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kristiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-27 1:15 pm   Permalink

Herald article (Friday 8/24):
http://theedge.bostonherald.com/musicNews/view.bg?articleid=1018693

View Profile of kristiki Send a personal message to kristiki  Goto the website of kristiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 2:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-24 17:30, Primo Kimo wrote:
he even got Slim Jim Fantom and the drummer from the Patridge Family to play. Totally awesome!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I was the only one who thought Slim Jim was moonlighting as an organ player at the Hukilau!!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 4:05 pm   Permalink

Photos from the camera of Mr. Ho and WAITIKI are on Flickr- http://www.flickr.com/photos/waitiki/sets/72157601702327474/ !

Enjoy

http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Volcano Bern's

Posted: 2007-08-27 4:23 pm   Permalink

Aloha everybody from the N.E.T.T.! It was great to meet you all'.I had a blast. I can't wait 'til next year.
Many thanks to Sully and Pappy and all the people that got this off the ground. And Waitiki! WOW! What a great show! Anyway, that's all for now. 'Til next time, may there be many tiny bubbles in your wine and a tropical moon over your horizon.
Bernie

View Profile of Volcano Bern's Send a personal message to Volcano Bern's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 4:32 pm   Permalink

I didnt get to take alot of pics, but here's what i got:

ROOM CRAWL

Birdgirl serves up a delicious Jungle Bird to Kate

Birdgirl shakes the cocktail so hard she almost flies away!

Part of the spread at Martiki-bird & Looie Kalua's room. Spicy!!

Thunderlips & Carrie whip up some coconutty goodness!

Wake Up Tiki Cat!!! There's drunken mayhem in your room!!!

And last, the only casualty....1.5 gallons of spilled rum barrel in Jess' truck.

Spare tire punch anyone?

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 4:58 pm   Permalink

Wow I had a great time! The New England Ohana really knows how to get together and have some fun. The Raffle & the playing cards were a blast. I'm thrilled with my new mug & Thor prints! I have to say that all the donations from the Tiki Central Ohana from near and far were amazing!

About the swag, the managers really did seem to appreciate our appearance. As you know I was able to get a bunch of vintage postcards from the Mon Kou & a couple of old match books from the South Pacific. Some of you walked away with original Tiki Lau & New Tiki Menu's. The highlight of my evening; at the Bali Hai when they came up with boxes of the great original black OMC Bali Hai mugs! I didn't get anything at the Kowloon but they had some great mugs and stuff in the case! It seemed from the brief conversations I had, that the managers were proud of their establishments and appreciative of our wanting to "keep history alive"

Finally, Sully aka Bargoyle and Jay aka Pappy the Sailor, I heard that you two went the extra miles to see that this tour would be a success. Rumor has it that they did a pre-tour drive from one bar to the next such great lengths, deserve many thanks and applause. So thanks for making the First Annual North East Tiki Tour a rousing success! Until next year?

The pictures are great so far can't wait to see some more! (Spare tire punch!!)

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 5:44 pm   Permalink

Aw shit.

I lost my personalized tiki tour travel mug.

It's particularly lame because I needed a new one of those!

..sb

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rapscallion
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-27 6:31 pm   Permalink

Mahalo & kuddos to Bargoyle & Pappy. It was the "the best day ever, " to quote you-know-who. A bus load of new friends. What could be better? Is it too early to reserve my seats for next year?
Wow. I'll be remembering this for years to come...
Rapscallion & Lilikoi.

View Profile of Rapscallion Send a personal message to Rapscallion  Email Rapscallion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation