FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-30 5:40 pm   Permalink

Yes, it is your Big Kahuna finally checking in. Between my traveling for work and TC being on the fritz the past couple of days I could not get it together and get on the site.

Of course Birdgirl and I also have only great things to say about the Tour - fantastic people, fantastic tiki joints, fantastic drinks, fantastic hangovers.

Bargoyle and Pappy - well above and beyond. Thanks for what was obviously a TON of work to put this together.

and BTW, I can't thank Pappy enough for posting the video from the Hu Ke Lau. Really. Thanks. So much.

Joe & Nicole

And if you all are not yet sick of seeing photos, here's about 200 more:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AcsWbRuzcsWLlI

[ This Message was edited by: leisure master 2007-08-30 18:03 ]

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-30 6:27 pm   Permalink

WoooHooo! Great pics. Mahalo for taking the time to post them

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 12:07 pm   Permalink

Excellent pics Joe & Nicole. Thanks so much for sharing!!

More more more!!! Who else has pics??!?!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 2:08 pm   Permalink

Okay, here you go, more, more, more!

http://www.velveteenlounge.com/northeasttikitour/index.htm

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 2:53 pm   Permalink

Im sooooooooo depressed...... all the pictures are awesome, all the memories live on in my mind. I'm depressed cause they're just memories! I wish it was tiki tour weekend today! Gonna have to go out for a half dozen Mai Tais and 4 Pu Pu platters by myself this weekend. Ill tie on the swag bag and see if my local joints will drop anything in it. Kinda like trick or treating... Tiki style! By the way.. Waitiki... I wore out my CD's, and I gotta get a turntable so I can open my vinyl.
What room does the round robin start in tonite!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 3:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-31 14:53, jpmartdog wrote:
Im sooooooooo depressed...... all the pictures are awesome, all the memories live on in my mind. I'm depressed cause they're just memories! I wish it was tiki tour weekend today! Gonna have to go out for a half dozen Mai Tais and 4 Pu Pu platters by myself this weekend. Ill tie on the swag bag and see if my local joints will drop anything in it. Kinda like trick or treating... Tiki style! By the way.. Waitiki... I wore out my CD's, and I gotta get a turntable so I can open my vinyl.
What room does the round robin start in tonite!

CaptainQuad and I are planning a road trip up there again VERY soon and we'll definitely let you know when--we'll want company as we hit the joints we missed and revisit some favorites (actually, they were all favorites...)!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 09:37 am   Permalink

Leisure Master and veleventeenlounge - thanks so much for the pictures! Like jpmartdog I wish we were kicking this thing off all over again. My body isn't thrilled with that idea but sometimes you just have to lay down the torture.

1st room tonight - my place with $100 Mai Tais!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 11:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-31 15:00, velveteenlounge wrote:
CaptainQuad and I are planning a road trip up there again VERY soon and we'll definitely let you know when--we'll want company as we hit the joints we missed and revisit some favorites (actually, they were all favorites...)!

I'm in!

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 1:26 pm   Permalink

Just so ya know--Randy discovered a new place, right North of Boston, ripe for investigation, possibly for adding to the itinerary. We'll check it out this weekend and post results here! We will subject it to the most rigorous and thorough testing: food, drinks, atmosphere.

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 1:31 pm   Permalink

Don't forget to check for Approved Containers!

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 4:15 pm   Permalink

ANY MORE PICTURES??????? Show em if you got em! Please!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 04:26 am   Permalink

Pictures, did someone say pictures? Here are our albums:

Hu Ke Lau Polynesian Floorshow
http://picasaweb.google.com/ginahaase/HuKeLau

Motel Mixer
http://picasaweb.google.com/ginahaase/NETTMotelMixer

Saturday Morning
http://picasaweb.google.com/ginahaase/TheTourBegins

First Stop, Mon Kou
http://picasaweb.google.com/ginahaase/MonKou

Second Stop, South Pacific
http://picasaweb.google.com/ginahaase/SouthPacific

Third Stop, New Tiki (with Waitiki)
http://picasaweb.google.com/ginahaase/NewTiki

Fourth stop, Bali Hai
http://picasaweb.google.com/ginahaase/BaliHai

Final stop, Kowloon
http://picasaweb.google.com/ginahaase/Kowloon

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 05:53 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the great pictures - and so organized!

You definitely have my vote for vice president in charge of anything important whenever this motley crew gets together.

Every group of pictures posted brings new memories back through the haze.

However, this picture kind of scared me - I think its Pappy's left arm but you can never be sure with our group:

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 07:06 am   Permalink

Oh oops! Yeah, I wasn't sure what the heck was goin' on with that one (one too many mai tais, perhaps?), but it did make nice scrapbook background:

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 10:35 am   Permalink

Sweet pics Martiki!! ...and HOLY ORGINIZATION SKILLS!!!!

You wanna help with the next Tour?? Most of my notes & confirmations were on scraps of paper & cocktail napkins (and 1 matchbook).

Anyway, some great shots, and we may have something else to look forward to before the year is out. Maybe. I'll post if it works out.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation