FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-21 7:54 pm   Permalink

Swap meets are held every week. The Northeast Tiki Tour is once a year!

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 12:46 am   Permalink

OH Man that's great work Jon!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 08:07 am   Permalink

Jon - cool design for the tour logo man!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 08:21 am   Permalink

Thanks for including me in the design!

It rocks!

..sbim

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 08:28 am   Permalink

The event is going to be stellar! Just wanted you all to know I included all of you in the design. Everyone of you are in the logo....it's just that most of you are lying on the floor of the bus!
Thanks Bargoyle for all your hard work!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-22 09:41 am   Permalink

superb design.....perhaps the bus should have an outrigger with all the rocking going on!....thanks for all the passion and getting it going !.....I used to wonder if we could ever match Tiki enthusiasm with other parts of the world BUT HERE WE GO!!.......

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 06:25 am   Permalink

Is it August yet? Are the T-Shirts ready? Where do I catch the bus? Will there be liquor involved? So may questions and so many months to wait. I'm planning on attending the Tour!

(shameless bump)

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 06:42 am   Permalink

ALl questions will be answered in the comming week or two.

Still getting a few things worked out. Announcement of "Home Base" hotel should be comming soon, as well as a few surprises.

I cant wait either. Its gonna be like christmas for tiki-folk!!

As far as booze being involved, there will be aprx 10 gallons of various grog on the bus, but by no means does this mean that participants aren't expected to have at least one cocktail at each stop.

Also, for these reasons, this trip is a 21+ ordeal. My appologies to any of you younguns.

More to come soon. I promise.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 11:43 am   Permalink

Oh this sounds too cool. Hope I'm not too late to get on board? I keep missing all the New England events...

Cheers!

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-29 5:33 pm   Permalink

What airport would be best to fly in to for this since I may not have the time to make the drive?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 5:45 pm   Permalink

Hey Rugbymatt!!

TF Green in providence is prob best. If everything goes according to plan, it will be closer to home base than flying into Logan. Plus southwest & alot of the cheaper airlines fly there.

Bradley, in hartford is an option as well. You comming in friday night or sat morning?

Friday night is going to be an "optional" side trip to the HuKeLau in Chicopee for their Hawaaian show. If there's enough interest in it, we may get a bus going there as well, but for now its being planned as a 'Meet at the show" kind of thing.

I should be making the "big" announcement (hotel, itinerary, schedule, swag, etc) by next weekend (the 5th). Got a couple of ducks to still line up.

Look forward to seeing ya!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 6:20 pm   Permalink

Aloooha! I have a request: Could people please PM me if you (and however many guests you're lucky enough to bring) would go the Hu Ke Lau show in Chicopee, MA on August the 24th? Also, would you go if there were a bus? (and how many would you bring?)

mahalo,
Pappy

link

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 2:24 pm   Permalink

First of all a BIG Mahalo to Pappy for helping me out with this whole thing. He's been a big help with the logistics of the tour on Saturday, and he's in charge of the Friday trip to the HuKeLau.

If there's enough interest, we may very well have a bus for the HuKeLau as well.

Final itinerary will be announced this weekend, but just to whet your appetites, I'll let one of the surprises out of the bag. I'm just too damned thrilled about this one to sit on it:

WAITIKI will be performing as part of the tour.

Thats right, the best damn exotica band in the world is down with the Tiki Tour.

Only 40 seats available, so start planning now.

Official signup and more info to come soon.

**Actually, i guess its only 38 seats avaiable, as Pappy & I are gonna need a place to sit after a few dozen drinks **

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-02 14:41 ]

Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 4:02 pm   Permalink

I'm very excited... Not so sure that Pappy & Bargoyle should get extra seats after they have a few drinks but I can be reasonable! Can't wait for the details!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 06:23 am   Permalink

Hey folks,

The website is up & running. Still VERY much under construciton, but the signup page works....i think its only linked form the FAQ page though....and that page isnt done yet

Anyway, Like I said, its up , but under construction.

Big Mahaloz to Pappy for his hard work on the web site!!

Tour cost is $35. That gets ya the bus, a live show form waitiki, food & cocktails on the bus, plus some schwag & an entry in the raffle.

All that for less than the cost of the last mug I bought!!

http://www.northeasttikitour.com

space is limited. if you can get the signup page to work, hurry up & signup!!

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-16 08:24 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation