FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-07 06:58 am   Permalink

20th is good! The 13th is Jill's birthday. But I did talk her into getting on that bus, so maybe I can convince her a tiki-themed birthday is a good thing.

Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure she's taking me to the Hu Ke Lau tonight for my own birthday. So if anyone wants to recreate the wonder of pineapple juice and cheesy-fantastic live entertainment, meet us up there! (it's a 'surprise', but I'm 99% sure that's where we're going)

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 07:54 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday Paige!!!

You may want to get yourself a birthday gift before you go...maybe a flask....maybe full of good rum... it'll make those hukelau cocktails MUCH better!

Have a blast.

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-09-07 13:58 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-07 08:49 am   Permalink

Well thanks, Bargoyle! GREAT idea, too.

Flask, check...
5th of Sailor Jerry's, check...
Not driving, check!

Now I just need a pair of crutches so they won't pull me onstage.

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 1:21 pm   Permalink

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAIGE! Yeah Bargoyle has it right - you need to strengthen up those Hu Ke Lau cocktails.

Leisure Master and Scottes - thanks for the Salem suggestions. I'm planning on Mai Tais and crab rangoons at Fantasy Island at a minimum. Pics and reviews will be available at the end of October.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 2:02 pm   Permalink

Ok folks, my huge plans for the 20th of october have crashed & burned.

SO, in place of them, we're just gonna open the Lono Lounge, mix some good drinks & relax with the ohana.

The doors are open to any who want to come, and we'll be doing a rum tasting with Scottes at some point during the day (with a lecture on the different islands & styles & what to look for as you sip fine rums)

More details to be worked out, as usual.

Prob not gonna do the whole big pig roast or food thing. Little snacky things, so if you wanna come & you wanna help out...bring food-stuffs... (and quarters for the pinball machines...bargoyle needs $$)

PM me if you're in.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 04:22 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday Paige!
Hope your birthday is full of Pineapple, rum and Leis!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-08 5:09 pm   Permalink

Wow, Psychedelic! What did they put in that pineapple, man? Everything's LIME...
I'm currently downing faux mai tais from Hukelau mug #2. The show was good last night, but it felt weird riding back to CT instead of the North Attleboro Super 8. Can't I just hop on a Middletown transit bus and start drinking? Well, I guess I wouldn't be the first...

Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 10:50 pm   Permalink

Back to the tour....

You guys look like you had soooo much fun.. Sorry I missed it..

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-10 06:01 am   Permalink

I was just told this Saturday that I was climbing the rigging at the Kowloon. I honestly have no recollection of this adventure, I guess I was on auto-pilot (or auto-idiot). Was anyone else cognizant enough to get a photo of my shennanigans?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 06:23 am   Permalink

No photo, but the image of you in the rigging will forever be embedded in my mind.

I seriously thought you were going to fall at one point, but you managed.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 07:14 am   Permalink

I second this; I was right next to you when it happened, and for a second, thought it would result in our being given the bum's rush, from the expression on one of the waiters.

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-10 07:41 am   Permalink

Maybe that's why I remember the waiters all coming over and giving me extra swag just before we left. "Give him stuff so he goes away"

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 12:12 pm   Permalink

I missed it, but heard all about it. I wish it had been caught on film. It did seem like we were rushed out soon after, but that may have been due to the drunken tiki-dancing going on!!

Oh, and the "BIG" plans for the 20th kind of fell through, but we're still on with the tasting. Details here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=25585&forum=4&0

Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-10 1:30 pm   Permalink

Seriously, RugbyMatt climbing the rigging was THE highlight of the day for me. You were directly overhead, singing the Indiana Jones theme. The staff was horrified.

It was one of the happiest moments of my life.

Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 9:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-10 06:01, rugbymatt wrote:
I was just told this Saturday that I was climbing the rigging at the Kowloon. I honestly have no recollection of this adventure, I guess I was on auto-pilot (or auto-idiot). Was anyone else cognizant enough to get a photo of my shennanigans?

As drunk as I was, I DO remember that!
And yes...it WAS hilarious!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation