FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT) 8/25/07
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-17 2:20 pm   Permalink

Hey rugbymatt.

A cab is prob gonna run ya around $50.

I'd pick you up, but the last seating for HuKeLau show is 7.00pm, so I'll be in chicopee.

Another option to look into would be bus or shuttle to Pawtucket (where the Red Sox farm team plays). I dont think there's a game though, so Im not sure what will be running there, but Attleboro is right next to Pawtucket (1st town over the state line) so a cab from there would be cheap.

Anyone else able to help rugbymatt out?

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-17 3:12 pm   Permalink

I'd help out my fellow Allentonian, but I don't know our Friday plans yet. It will depend on what new job Traci gets.

..sbim

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-17 3:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-17 13:04, rugbymatt wrote:
Speaking of flying into Providence....

My flight gets in around 7:30. Will there be anybody left who could hook me up with a ride to the Super 8 in Attleboro?

Mahalo.

If not how much is cab from the Airport to there?

Rugbymatt ~ See you should of just planned to stay in Californitiki for The Long Beach Tiki Fest and Bahhoka's Anniversary Party. The SoccerTiki Mobile would of been your limo for the weekend WOOOHOOO!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-17 7:47 pm   Permalink

WooHoo don't be a poopoo, RugbyMatt is gonna have the time of his life here in New England and the NE Ohana will take care of him just fine!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 08:39 am   Permalink

No Respect, I tell ya....New England tiki gets no respect..

But after this event, thats all gonna change!

Anyplace else in the world have 6 CLASSIC happening tiki bars within a 1/2 hour of each other?

We're on the rise tikiphiles!!! California! I'm putting you on notice!!

CAN ... YOU ... DIG ... IT ... ?

LOL

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 09:14 am   Permalink

Also, we're down to one seat left on the bus.

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-18 11:58 am   Permalink

Mahalo to all the NE ohana. I think I am gonna hook up with Velveteen Lounge and stay with her and her husband Paul Friday night in his boyhood haunts on North Kingston. We'll see everyone Saturday morning in Attleboro. This sounds like a great time.

Matt

p.s SBiM: Need any Krimpets? They now come in lemon and strawberry!

p.p.s. WooHoo I'd love to hang around Cali but don't have the vacation time.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 12:15 pm   Permalink

Matt, I am all about the Butterscotch Krimpets!
If you can find the "double frosted" ones, they are even better.

Mahalo!

..sbim

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 3:58 pm   Permalink

Did I put the entire STATE of california "on notice"?

I dont even know what that means!

Sorry folks. Bargoyle needs a drink....looong week.

California, you're off notice......this time.

Rugby: glad you got it all set up. We'll see ya on Saturday morning.

Also, if you check out the web page, we've started listing the vendors who were cool enough to donate some pretty amazing swag & raffle prizes (in the new FRIENDS section). This section is gonna be constantly updated over the next few weeks.

Pics of prizes comming soon, and if this stuff doesn't get you fired up, nothin' will.

www.northeasttikitour.com

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-05-18 15:59 ]

Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 7:20 pm   Permalink

Bargoyle, you are to be commended for organizing this event.
And for doing such a great job.

I owe you a drink, and a plate of mini-dumplings at New Tiki.

(PS: Remind me about the drink. Remind me *early* in the night. )

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-19 06:54 am   Permalink

Thanks for the Kudos.

Its finally comming together quite nicely, if I do say so myself!

And dont forget to thank Pappy. He's done an amazing job with the web site, and his help & support have been invaluable.

He's carrying the torch for the HuKeLau show on Friday, and we'll be hitting you with details on that real soon.

Now comes the hardest part...waiting until the END of AUGUST!!

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-19 10:31 am   Permalink

Bargoyle,

Mucho Mahalo! I'll get an extra box of Krimpets for you when I stock up for SBiM.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-19 11:41 am   Permalink

Kudos and Mahalo to Pappy, too!

I'll be happy to buy you both a drink.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-19 4:17 pm   Permalink

Hey Gang,

This sounds like it's gonna be a great time. Just want to throw a minor Tiki find out to the NE folks. I was at Brooks today, and they're having a 25% off Tiki sale. They don't have that much but I did pick up some amber plastic 20oz Tiki mugs. Good for the bus ride. LOL!

Looking forward to meeting everybody..

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 09:50 am   Permalink

just made reservations for the hotel (2 nights) and we are SO Excited ! a little heads up if your a non smoker, there are limited rooms left...so jump on it or prepare for the ashtray effect! ....us former smokers are so tempted to fall back!.. we will have our N.E hula lessons available to distract and dismay you all !

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation